Safe and sound

All that I've left...

Junhyung’s POV

“PANDA!! PANDA!!! OH MY GOD!!” I cried as I ran towards the bloody figure on the concrete ground.

I couldn’t recognize him anymore. He had deep cuts all over his body, including that handsome face of his, and he was covered in blood. But however he looks like, he is still my Seungho, my panda.

“Jun…” He mumbled, struggling to keep his eyes open.

“Hu..rts..” He choked out.

I didn’t even dare to hold him. I was afraid I would hurt him further. But he kept his hand stretched out, his eyes pleading for me to hold him.

“Why…” I let my tears spill.

“Hol..d.. me.. Plea..se..” He begged.

I knelt down beside him, taking his hand into mine, pulling him onto my lap as gently as possible. People crowded around, gasping. I don’t know if it is because they recognized us or because they were just shocked at the bloody scene.

“Please!! Someone! Call for the ing ambulance and STOP! STARING!!!” I yelled.

“Jun…” Seungho called out..

“Ha..na..” He mumbled.

“I GIVE NO ABOUT THAT GIRL!!!” I cried.

“Whe..re.. is she..?” He coughed.

“I DON’T KNOW I DON’T CARE!!!” I cried into his chest.

“Jun.. shh..~” He tried to comfort me.

Even in his condition, he is trying to comfort me.

“Stay with me! Please!” I begged him.

 “Jun…” He forced a smile.

“Shhh shh shhh~ Just.. don’t talk. Please.. Stay with me. Don’t talk.” I pleaded.

“Jun.. sing.. for me..” He said.

“What?” I looked at him.

“Sing.. for me..” He said.

“I’ll sing for you when you get well. I’ll even have a concert just for you. Just promise me you’ll stay with me. I’ll do anything.” I cried.

“Plea..se..” He begged.

“I.. I can’t..” I cried.

“Plea..se..” He begged again.

I in a deep breath. I opened my mouth to sing, but instead, I sobbed loudly. Seungho just kept looking at me, as thou trying to encourage me. But I can’t, I just can’t.

“Never.. mind.. Don’t.. cry..” He tried to wipe my tears, but he couldn’t even lift his hand.

“I’ll sing. I’ll sing. Just give me a minute. I’ll sing for you. I just.. I just.. need to..” I buried my face into my palms.

Seungho’s POV

I am going to die. It’s obvious, isn’t it? But for just one last time, I want to hear Junhyung’s voice. He never had any confident about his singing. But what he doesn’t know is he sounds really good. He thinks I am just saying it because I am his boyfriend and for some reason, I am obliged to say good things about him or what, but no, I meant what I say. From the bottom of my heart, Junhyung sounds good when he sings.

“I remember…” He tried to sing, but ended up crying again.

I waited patiently for him to collect himself. Since I couldn’t lift my hand to touch his cheek, I could only tug onto his shirt. It pains me to see him crying so badly. It pains me even more knowing that the reason behind his tears is me. I want to hug him and tell him that it is okay, but I just couldn’t seem to move my body at all.

 

 

“I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go. When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone. But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.” He sang in the most perfect voice ever, despite his tears.

I smiled as I listen to him sing.

“Just close your eyes, The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.” He continued to sing, his eyes locking with mine.

The sunlight shining behind him made his teary eyes glitter. He has such beautiful eyes. His tears dripped onto the corner of my lips, making me taste his salty tears.

“Don't you dare look out your window. Darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold onto this lullaby. Even when the music's gone. Gone.” His voice got softer as he sang. His hand that was holding onto mine trembled badly.

I closed my eyes, feeling as sleepy as ever. I think it’s time. With his melodious voice sending me on my final journey, it did not feel that bad after all.

“DON’T CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!!” He yelled. How contradicting. He just sang for me to close my eyes, and now he is yelling otherwise.

"Please, Seungho! Please!! Hold on! Just hold on!! Please!!! Don't leave me!! You can't!!!" He shouted at the top of his voice.

"Junnie..." I mumbled, touching his cheek.

"Shh shhh~ Don't say anything. Just.. Just stay with me.. The ambulance is on its way. Please.. Just.. I beg you.. Seungho please!!" He cried like there was no tomorrow. 

"My badass.. rapper.. Don't cry.." I choked out.

"I beg you!! Stop talking!! Just stay with me! Huh?? Please!!!" He hugged me tighter.

"I love.. you... Baby Junnie.." I said.

He never liked it when I called him ‘baby’, because he said he isn’t one. But he is, he just doesn’t know how babyish he is. The way he sleeps, the way he behaves, the way he eats, everything of Yong Junhyung, in my eyes is nothing but a three month old baby. My baby.

"No no no!! I don't want to hear this now! I just want you with me!! ALIVE!!!" he yelled.

"Take care... of yourself... and her.. Please.." I mumbled.

"NO!!! I am not going to do that! She is your responsibility! You wanted her, so you have to take care of her! Don't try to push her to me!" He yelled.

"Hee~ You love.. her.. I know.." I squeezed his hand with whatever energy he has left.

"I HATE HER!!! I HATE HER EVEN MORE NOW!!!" He yelled like an angry five-year-old.

"Shh shh.. Don't yell.. It's bad... for your throat.." I touched his neck lightly.

"Fine, fine! Whatever! I'll listen to you! I'll even let you top! I'll be your maid! I'll do everything for you! Just stay with me!" He begged.

He is desperate, isn’t he? How cute.

“I SAID I’LL LET YOU TOP!!!!! I’LL BE THE ONE WALKING FUNNY! I’LL BE THE ONE HAVING TO ENDURE ALL THE PAIN! PLEASE!!! We’re not even done with this morning! Did you forget what you promise me!? How can you just leave me hanging like this huh!? You irresponsible !” He cried, punching the ground.

"I'll remember.. what you said.. If we meet again.. In our next life..." I said. Just give me a few more minutes. Let me finish what I have to say. Please.

Tears spilled out from my eyes as we stared hard at each other. It wasn’t the pain from the wounds. It was the pain from inside. Seeing him so desperate, so broken, it hurts me more than the truck ramming into my body.

"In our next life..." I mumbled.

"Or the next, next one.." I choked.

"Shhh!!! Don't talk!! I don't want to hear it!!" He tried to cover his ears but I pulled them down.

"I'll.. still love.. you.." I mumbled, planting a light kiss on my hand, and then I felt light headed.

Blurrily, behind Junhyung, I saw a small figure looking at me, with tears in her eyes, fear written all over her face. I held out my hand to reach for hers, but she just stared at me.

“Plea..se.. Baby.. girl..” I begged.

She held out her cold, trembling hand to hold mine.

‘DON’T TOUCH HIM!!!” Junhyung hissed, staring at her with his bloodshot, teary eyes, but he never pushed her hand away,

“Appa, sorry..” Hana mumbled as she cried.

“Not.. your fault..” I smiled.

“Hana ah.. I.. I am a bit dirty now.. But can you.. Give appa… a kiss?” I asked.

She knelt down with hesitation, smashing her lips against my cheek. Despite the blood, I could still feel her tears.

“I love.. you.. both.. very.. very.. much..” I held tightly onto her hand as well as Junhyung’s as I sank into the darkness.

My life is complete.

Junhyung’s POV

“Seungho!! Seungho!! NO YOU CAN’T GO!! I AM NOT DONE SINGING!!!!” I begged, punching his chest lightly.

Hana was a sobbing mess, but I didn’t care. I shouldn’t be doing this, but I pushed her away. I held Seungho tight into my arms. My Seungho, gone, just like that. 

“Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.” I continued to sing in my best voice possible.

“Just close your eyes. You'll be alright. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound...” I sang, hugging his limp body tight.

I pressed a kiss onto his forehead as I allowed my tears to flow all over his face. He is gone, and there's nothing I can do about it.

“You’re safe now.” I whispered.