Annyeong!! ^^

Brainy Little Lady

 

 

The cold air welcomed me as I stepped down the plane. The climate here is totally opposite from what I'm used to back there in the Philippines. The moment that my right foot touched the land, I realized, there'll be no turning back now I got my other luggage, I checked if it's still alright and then I sat for a while. My cellphone rang and it was a call from Chongshin University's principal.

 

"Hello Ms. Mabasa. Welcome to South Korea! I'm pretty sure you just arrived right?" Dr. Kwon Sarang gladly said.

 

"Yes ma'am. I was about to call you and ask if I'm gonna go there today."

 

"Oh you don't have to. Just relax first. I know it's a tiring day for you. By the way, every staff here in our University today is in pretty tight schedule. There's no one available to pick you up there so we decided to let the Student Council President help you with everything." the principal assured. 

 

"Really? Uhhm, ma'am maybe I could just be on my own. I'll be fine, really!" I quickly replied.

 

"And get lost on your way? I won't let that happen Ms. Mabasa. Don't worry, he agreed to it."

 

"Thanks ma'am."

 

There was nothing I could do. Besides, what she said is true. If I go on my own, there's 99% possibility that I'll get lost. The truth is, I'm not good in travelling by myself.

 

"Who could this person be? My tongue still gets twisted with their language. Oh well, at least I understand It." nervousness surrounds me now.

 

To think for a solution about this problem of mine, I started pacing back and forth in the waiting area. Then….

 

"Hi! Uhhmm, can I ask you a question?" a tall and very manly guy wearing a decent school uniform approached me.

 

"Hello, g-go ahead. A-ask anyth-thing" I can feel myself blushing and oh!! Did I just stutter?? So embarrassing!!

 

"Thanks, by chance, do you know someone named Chelsea Mabasa?" the guy asked looking straight through me.

 

"You're the Student Council President! Hi! Nice meeting you!" I shook his hand and tried to regain my posture.

 

"So I guessed right. It is you." he showed me a dazzling smile.

 

Gosh!! He's so handsome and I can see that he's a kind one too. I thought to myself.

 

"Let me introduce myself, I'm CAP, that's what they call me but my real name is Bang Minsoo from class 3–A"

 

"Sorry if my accent is a bit weird (I gave him a charming smile) my name is Chelsea Mabasa. I'll be attending in your school as well. If you need my help, you can come to me anytime. I'll be at SC2. By the way, can I call you Minsoo sunbae?" finally! I think I just earned myself a friend.

 

"Wow!! You're in Special Class 2? You look normal to me unlike the other nerd students that I know. Minsoo sunbae? sure! For the first time in my whole life, a girl wanted to call me sunbae rather than oppa. We could become good friends." he was amazed and then he my hair like we were close friends already. Maybe because he's way taller than I am which made me look younger.

 

Minsoo sunbae and I walked out of the airport together. Inside the van, he told me about so many stuff and reminders that Dr. Kwon told him to convey to me.

 

"I have a fully-paid apartment?" my eyes widened about what he said.

 

"You didn't know about it?"

 

"They never told me about it! What are they planning?"

 

"Maybe they kept it from you to prevent disapproval for giving you too much luxury." he said in a what-else-can-we-do way.

 

"I'm not really complaining about it, but I think it's too much already. They're treating me like a princess!! Oh, I wanna go back!"

 

Just when I said that line, we arrived in the apartment and it looks so nice. My jaw dropped and all I can say is…

 

"On second thought sunbae, I'll just stay!!" I jumped like a wild monkey who just saw a bunch of bananas.

 

"Yehey!! This is fun!!"