The Punishment

Brainy Little Lady

 

"Stop moving! What are you doing?" LJoe yelled.

 

"I'm not at ease. I don't wanna hear our punishment!" Chelsea was so nervous. They were seated in the chairs in front of Dr. Kwon's desk. After a few seconds, Dr. Kwon arrived holding a piece of paper.

 

"Hi! Are you nervous?" Dr. Kwon said like she's cunning them.

 

Why is she smiling? We're serious over here. LJoe thought.

She smiled? So creepy! I can see devil's horn grow out of her head.Chelsea imagined.

 

"So here's your punishment. I made a contract to make sure that you will do whatever it is that I want you to do." she stated. The two kids stared at each other and said, "A contract?"

 

"Dr. Kwon, I thought you'll give us a punishment?" Chelsea reacted.

 

"Yes I am. But maybe this punishment is just a piece of cake for you Ms. Mabasa."

 

"What about mine?" LJoe asked and thought maybe he won't be reprimanded.

 

"Of course I won't forget about you Mr. Lee. So, here's the deal. I know what you're feeling right now Chelsea. Protecting your name from any stains is one of your objectives am I right? (Chelsea nodded) And I don't want it to be marked by any bad thoughts either. LJoe, you may be very lazy in your studies but I know that there's intelligence inside you." Dr. Kwon made the conversation a little too long and they can't help but be inquisitive.

 

"By that, what's your point?", LJoe can't bare it anymore.

 

"As a punishment for your actions at my office earlier, Chelsea, you have to become LJoe's tutor for the whole school year."

 

Chelseawas alarmed. She stood and said, "WHAT? But Dr. Kwon, I'm not good in teaching. All of the stuffs, I learn it by myself and besides it's obvious we don't get along with each other. It'll only be a burden!" She opposed.

 

LJoe agreed with her. "She's right. We don't get along with each other quite well and I'm sure I won't learn anything from her. Probably, we'll just brawl with each other all the time."

 

Chelseastared at him. "Yeah! That's a good reason too." she added.

 

"Sssshhh.. I'm not done talking yet!" Dr. Kwon scolded them.

"As for you LJoe, you need to at least have a higher grade in every exam for the whole school year. If not, I'll have to expel you and let your parents…"

 

LJoe seems to understand what Dr. Kwon was about to say and uttered, "WHAT? You can't possibly do that right? I mean, ohh!! Come on Dr. Kwon. I'll do anything. Just don't let my parents come and get me!" he begged.

 

"The deal's settled then."

 

Chelseastill opposed. "But ma'am, I really can't do it."

 

"You don't want? Okay."

 

"Really? Wow! Thank you so much!" Chelsea was overjoyed.

 

"But I'll get your apartment back. Uhhm, LJoe, do you have any vacant room in your house? Maybe Chelsea can live there." Dr. Kwon was kidding around.

 

"I don't want to!" LJoe refused without more ado. Then Dr. Kwon handed the agreement.

 

 

There was nothing else for the both of them to do. They agreed and each of them signed on the contract which Dr. Kwon prepared for them. After signing, Dr. Kwon gave each of them a copy to remind them about it.

 

 

_____________________________

 

At the Hallway

 

LJoe's POV

 

This is completely insane! I was really having a hard time with this indescribable girl. I can't imagine such punishment! It's going to be like hell! But then right now, she's so hushed. There are no words coming out of . She's just walking not minding me.

 

"Hey! Are you gonna do it?" I asked.

 

She looked back and said, "Of course I will. I don't want my parents to be troubled by me. Whether we like it or not, we're going to be a team from now on."

 

"The storm of miseries is really pouring on me!!"

"I just hope the outcome would be good" I thought.

 

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

aigoo~

sorry for the contract photo
it looks dull. hehe ^^