The Palace

Your Highness

{YOUR POV}

The sedan chair came to a halt. I came down wearing my usual hanbok. I was greeted by a few number of people wishing me luck. My shoes hit the ground and I was escorted to the entrance of the Palace of Joseon.

The place that I have only read in books. I was now entering it for the first time along with the other girls. 

A palace messenger steps out from inside and calls out my name.

My mother gives me a reassuring look and I entered.

 

~~~

[BAEKHYUN POV] 

I waited in my stupid study room again. I can't go out unless I am told do. I'm feeling so jittery since last night.

I part of me wished the Kang ____ would do well with all the tests today. 

I know she will.

I stared at the letter for a few minutes when somebody entered my study room.

MoonSun4avi_000302068.jpg

aish.

my annoying royal assistan Hangyeon. He had a goofy smile on his face. I quickly put back the letter in one of my drawers and got up on my feet.

~~~~

[YOUR POV]

My hands are a bit cold. Two of us were taken inside the King's chambers for questions. The other girl with me who wore a bright pink and blue hanbok introduced herself as Nam Ahri. She was the daughter of Prime Minister Nam who was the right hand of the old queen. She didn't talk much, and found it irritating when I ask about her interests. So I just sighed until someone came inside our room. 
We were now ready to be questioned.

6680404199_fcb2390f6f_z.jpg

We paid our respects to the Great Queen and she happily welcome us. Also there to watch us were members of the royal family. Next we were ushered back into the King's chambers for further questioning.

We both sat in front of him. The King put down his documents and shifted his attention to me and Ahri.

"Let's start with Prime Minister Nam's daughter. Ahri. If the King of Joseon was equivalent to money, how much would he be?"

Ahri swallowed hard before answering. I can see her shake a little bit. I was nervous myself too.

She answered that the King would be equivalent to the endless sea and sky and asked forgiveness because she didn't know a lot about money because girls should only know the basics of life. The king nodded in satisfaction of her answer.

The King turned to me.

"Now, Kang ____,"

"Ye, Cheona."

"The same question goes to you."

I felt all eyes on me. I drew a breath and answered.

"For me, the King of Joseon would be equivalent to one nyang." 

 

AN: AWESOME poster right? ^^ Justineann ~ keke

have a great day everybody! /hugs/