New Feelings

Your Highness

[BAEKHYUN POV]

Ahh. I finally did something right. Standing up for that girl wasn't a bad choice after all. Maybe I should talk about this with father when I get back.

The sedan chair moved in a slow pace and I stared out. We passed by more traditional houses but I can still remember the face of that girl. 

I need to forget her.

"Can you go a little faster, please?" I kindly asked the once carrying the sedan chair.

"Ye. Jeoha." they all replied.

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

 

I approached the girl and she went down on her knees. "Jeoha."

I smile of contentment spread on my face. "Please stand."

She doesn't move but remained in that uncomfortable bowing position.

'It's a ROYAL ORDER." 

She shot right up. Trembling a little bit.

How can a girl from the village know not to disobey a Royal Order? Most of the girls in the village don't even study. 

We were now in the place where there were a lot of shops. I asked the men to stop and I went down. As usual, they all followed me.

"Can I buy 3 of those please?"

My head cocked to the direction of that sweet voice.

They she was again.

The girl.

"Umm, come here." I told the my royal assistant. "I'm rally hungry. Mind buying me some food here?"

My assistant shook his head. "Sorry, Jeoha. We can't jsut buy food here."

I rolled my eyes and came up with a plan "OH look! It's the Minister of Taxation!"

They all fell for it and I was now running towards the paper shop. I was running so fast that I bumped into someone. We both fell on the floor with a loud thud.

Next thing I know, I was face to face with the girl I had met earlier. She quickly pushed me away.

"You again!?" she made it sound as if I was following her.

"Do you know who I am?"

She gulped and picked up the pieces of paper she had bought on the floor. 

She bowed to me. 'You are the crown prince, Baekhyun. Future King of Joseon."

"That's is right" I said proudly.

"Therefore ," she continued. 'You should not be in this paper store but instead studying and helping out the poor. Good day to you Jeoha." then she went out of the store.

moon1-00204.jpg"Yah!" I called out. "W-what's YOUR name? Talking back to the crown prince is punishable by death! umm that's right!" I shouted back to her. But she was already far away and my annoying guards are back with me.

 

~~~~

[YOUR POV]

I did not mean to say that to him.

But how can he just pop up everywhere? 

I had temporarily forgot my duties. I forgot that I was a candidate for crown princess and we'll surely meet each other again.

But the Crown Prince is acting like a child.

I sighed and contiued to walk home. When I reached our house my mother greeted me.

"____, is there something wrong?" she my hair and I nodded.

"You see Eomoni. I had met Baek...I mean a guy in the market today. And I'm afraid I had hurt his feelings." 

My mother held my hand. "That's normal, ____. We don't live in a perfect world and you'll always have arguments with other people. That's life." she assured me. "I'm sure there's nothing to worry about."

Well there is, if that person is the Crown Prince of Joseon.

I excused myself  and went inside our house. I  spread out my paper on the floor and brought out my father's ink and brush.

I will write our dear Crown Prince a letter. ^^

The Moon in a Well