Chapter 09

Waltz

 

“P-pardon me?” I asked.

“What? Is there something wrong with that?” he just blinked and tilted his head.

“Thank you,” ! I’m blushing right now.

“No need to thanks me, that’s the truth anyway… but I would admit that I feel happy for a little bit,”

Hwang Minhyun…it’s enough. If he’s going to say something which makes me blushed again, I’ll move out for sure. I don’t want to fall for him too far, having him always say something funny or gentle like this was enough for me. I won’t ask for more.

“Why you so happy?” I wouldn’t say about his fiancé or else he will snap at me again.

“I don’t know how to say this but… I think, I’m the type who likes being tied,” he smiled. His eyes disappeared along with his bright smile.

“Tied? You mean…you’re a masochist? type? Oww…”

“No-no! I mean…” I just want to but a pink color suddenly flushed over his face. “Y-you’re so cute when you jealous so…I kinda like it,”

“I’ll pack my stuff starting now!” I rose from my seat and walked away but suddenly he pulled my wrist.

I looked back and saw him who still looked at me with those eyes—straight and seemed lonely. Please don’t show me that face or else I’ll postpone my move out plan.

“What? Oh, right sorry I forgot,” now I really handed him the tickets.

“Why must…you do something like this to me?”

“Huh?”

“Forget it,” he pushed my body lightly and left me.

I was stunned for a moment but then I saw him get into his car and then left. So…he planned to runaway? Leave me alone at his apartment?! What’s with that guy!

Ren’s POV end

 

Minhyun was confused by his own act, he never intends to leave Ren but his body just moved automatically. He stopped when the light turned red and opened his car window, feel the breeze brush over his face. He looked at the street and saw some people who seem had the same age as him came back from their work laughed and chatted with their lovers. Minhyun just pulled a slight smile on his face and sighed, why he can’t be normal person who had a person he love stay beside him?

He was thinking it would be best if he go to club and having drinks sometimes when he had problems like now. He used to be one of those people who forgetting their problem by parties and drinking but of course no one know about that. But he never wanted to touch a random woman for satisfying himself. Never.

He blew a sigh from his lips and fished his phone from the jacket; searching some number he’d like to company.

“Baekho…”

“Ah, Minhyun! Good time, I was planning to call you,” he said.

“What’s wrong?”

“Can you come to Aron’s place tonight?”

“I don’t know…I—“

“You need to come! Aron’s the one who help us with the scripts right? We’ve been troubled with this scene!”

Minhyun frowned and said, “So…?”

“Quit with your question already! Come here hurry!” and Baekho hung up.

Minhyun threw his phone into backseat, why always work? He really wants to escape from his duty but sadly he couldn’t leave them easily. It was about work means about his dreams and life, also he didn’t want to be marked as irresponsible director.

Minhyun re-programmed his GPS into Aron’s place, its located faraway from him now. He just want to call a taxi instead drove himself alone but once again he couldn’t leave his car, he was really bad at driving when he’s on bad mood. He worried that he might be attacked people who walk around the street.

He was wondering about Ren, what’s the blonde doing right now? Perhaps he still packing his stuff and then continue his work on his computer till midnight again. Minhyun already used to having Ren around him, so it would be troublesome if Ren leaving.

Minhyun glanced at the tickets which was given by Ren earlier,

“It would be good if I just go with you without trouble or complain, Minki-ssi,” he said miserably.

***

 

“You’re so slow!” Aron snapped when Minhyun just entered his house.

“Sorry… I’ve got problems before,” Minhyun gladly welcomed by a white-furred dog who ran into him and barked happily.

“Again? I’ve told you just forget that girl already!” Aron dragged Minhyun into his chair—forced him to continue his work quickly.

Minhyun took one paper and fold it slowly, “It’s not about her,” he said calmly.

Baekho just hummed while Aron keep questioning him about his problem. Minhyun may be could hear everyone’s problems but he never want to share his; he loves to keep his problems alone. Especially with his problem now, about Ren…he couldn’t tell anyone.

Aron rose from his chair and made his way into the kitchen, “Minhyun, I heard you aren’t living alone now,” he asked.

“Yeah,” Minhyun muttered. “He’s my sister’s brother in law, he just a freeloader…he said he will move out soon,”

“Oh? So… he’s a guy?” Aron raised his eyebrow.

“But, hyung! Ren is a really a pretty person, right Minhyun?” Baekho cut Minhyun’s talk for just receiving a glare from Minhyun.

Aron chuckled, he already back on his seat. “Pretty or not… guy is a guy,” Aron looked at Baekho with narrowed eyes, “Minhyun wouldn’t fall for him, right Min—hyun?”

Minhyun just dropped his head on the table and closed his eyes for a moment.

Yeah, Minki is a guy…why I must fall for him?

“Minhyun?” Aron his hair lightly. “Are you not feeling well? Sorry for pushing you too hard,” he said miserably but Minhyun just shrugged his shoulder and smiled.

“It’s okay, I love this job and I just thought, I couldn’t mixed up my personal things here,”

Baekho turned a pair eye of him toward Minhyun, “Hm? But this story kind reminds me of you and—“

A kick came from under the table. Baekho looked down on his feet and saw one leg kicked his, it’s covered by white socks and he knew who it was. He saw Minhyun across him—with a wide smile on his face, “It does remind you of what, Baekho-ah?” Minhyun asked.

Minhyun do it on purpose, of course. He didn’t want to let Aron know, because the older seemed over protective with him along this time, beside he’s a professional he couldn’t let his moods ruined all of his works.

I will forget about Ren, yes I’ll forget him like when I’m with Dain.

Baekho laughed bitterly, “I mean, your sister and her husband!”

Minhyun smiled on victory, “Yes, I know…”

 

 

It was turned longer than what he expected, Minhyun, Baekho and Aron stayed up all night doing their works. Minhyun found himself sleeping on the couch with some papers scattered on the floor, he looked into his phone…it’s already nine! He looked around, Baekho and Aron already left.

He was alone with Aron’s dog.

“Aish, why they didn’t wake me up!” he scratched his head. “I need to drive Minki to—wait, why must him again? Oh my God!!!” Minhyun screamed in frustration.

A bark attract his attention, Aron’s dog jumped into the couch and snuggled his face into Minhyun’s. Ah…it’s just too cute; its make Minhyun relaxed a bit. When he was patted the dog’s head his phone ringing again, another message come.

Sleep well? Eat breakfast on time, no need to work today,

-hyung

Hyung? Minhyun rolled his eyes. Since first time they met, Aron always act like an older brother and he seemed obsessed with it. Minhyun never bothered but it’s just funny to have a hyung like him. They just two years apart but he’s so protective, if he know about Ren then the blonde guy must be scolded by him.

Minhyun really want to stay at Aron’s house but he need to comeback at home. He knew that when he reached his apartment soon, he wouldn’t find Ren anywhere. He must be moved out immediately after their small talks last night.

***

 

Ren having a hard time last night, he really want to step out from Minhyun’s apartment and move with JR for a while but it would be really rude since he didn’t even say a goodbye for Minhyun. However, he was scared with Minhyun; he hadn’t any clues about what should he say when they met.

The sound of heavy steps on the floor make him awakened again, he peeked through his room door and saw Minhyun hung his jacket. Ren gulped and he carefully opened the door,

“M-Minhyun-ah…” he was nervous.

Minhyun was surprised but he keep his face looked calm. He turned his head slowly at Ren, “Hm?”

“I-I think, I’ll move out soon so…”

Minhyun didn’t understand him. He never get the reason from the younger lips, “Do as you like Minki-ssi, that’s your business… now if you excuse me I’ll go to my room and continue my work,” Minhyun walked away and closed his room’s door.