Chapter 05

Waltz

 

Minhyun blinked for a second when he heard Ren’s whisper. Jealous? For real?

He needs to admit that some butterflies fluttered around his stomach again and Minhyun leaned closer again; trying to capture Ren’s lip one more time but suddenly the blonde flick his forehead. Minhyun winced in pain while rubbing his forehead; Ren really put his strength into it.

“That’s hurts…” said Minhyun as he tried to get up.

“Sorry~ my hand slipped,” he grinned.

Mihyun rolled his eyes and sighed, Ren always like that. He thought that he must be take Ren’s entire joke seriously, sometimes he want to regret about what he did before. He never understands why he became so dumb for thinking dating with Ren wasn’t a joke before. Perhaps that’s because no one ever asked him dating for joke purpose, every girls always asked him the same thing as Ren like dating or watch movie together but they never considered those things as jokes.

Minhyun stay silent on his couch while Ren focusing him self into movie again. Minhyun feel uneasy after that incident, Ren must be laughing at him on his mind.

“Minhyun-ah,” Ren spoke,

Minhyun turned his head immediately as he heard Ren called him. The situation became awkward for about ten minutes and when Ren opened his mouth—calling him—his heart beat faster again.

“Why you agree to build a relationship with me?”

“Why…you ask?”

“Just answer it! Why you always answer question with question!”

Minhyun scratched his head and thinking for the best answer, it will sound so funny if he saying something unnecessary like ‘I think you’re serious’ or ‘I’ve been fall in love with you for a long time’

“Because you will give me a Dance course?”

With that answer Ren rolled his eyes again. At least JR was right about one thing, he’s so straight forward yet stupid. Ren didn’t expect answer like a love confession because that’s disgust him more, how come people fall in love in the first sight?

Fall in love in the first sight… as a book editor he often read those words in every book but he never believe with that. Something you feel when you met someone who attract your attention just an interested feeling, not love. Although he never loves someone seriously, he knew exactly what the meaning of love is.

“Minki-ssi, why you—“

“You want to asked me about my…err…offer for dance course and dating thing?” Minhyun words were cut by Ren.

“Yes,”

“Well… how could I put this… I think I’m interested with you since you piss me off on the first day we met and then you look so pitiful about Waltz dance,”

Minhyun dropped his jaw and put a creepy smile on his face after hearing Ren’s reason about dating him. That’s not a reason…that’s not a reason for someone builds a relationship! A normal couple usually praise their lover; saying good things about them or tell them about how special he or she is. And Ren… he’s like put some words for started a fight.

Ren made his way into bedroom when the movie finished while Minhyun still stunned on his couch. Ren just smiled when he saw Minhyun’s reaction, it’s really funny and amused.

***

Minhyun’s POV

Ah... I guess I’ve been fooled again by him. I don’t know why he must asked me to date on the first place but in the end he just want to make fun of me. And if I want to be honest to my self, seem like now I really fall for him. I always enchanted by his face...am I someone who always judging everyone by their cover? No I’m not... but it’s really strange.

After something stupid that I did a while ago I don’t know what should I do tomorrow when I met him in the morning again.Act like nothing happened? No, it’s impossible. We were kissing right? I kissed him first and that was good enough for made me ashamed.

What if Minki change his attitude toward me? Woah, I’m really scared. He must be thought that I was a playboy who can kiss everyone easily. The truth is I never kissed anyone before except my ex-fiancé and I regret it. Minki really seduced me that time and I couldn’t control myself, then if I didn’t wrong…I was leaned for a second kiss right? Aigoo… I really want to commit suicide because this embarrassment.

I looked at him when he made his way toward his room, his untied hair still tempted me for touch him but I shook my head quickly, I won’t do something stupid again.

***

My parents decided to engage me with Song Dain, she’s one of my dad’s best friend daughter. At first I was confused because I’m just a 10 year old kid that day, having a fiancé just make me wondered about marriage and my future with a princess named Dain.

I always do everything for her, accompany her whenever she goes and I never get something in the return. She was my first love and I couldn’t forget it even ten or one hundred years passed. I was born in a rich family; granted by handsome face, high education background, everything was perfect.  So I never expected for any unrequited love. Just like Minki said when we started dating that ton of girls will make a long entrance for getting my love. There’s nothing wrong about that but…it’s never happened for Dain.

I love her, really. But she’s not.

I caught her hang out with her crush, Doyun. My heart broke into a piece but she never cared about that.

“Minhyun, it doesn’t count as cheating…because we never dating and more importantly, I never love you,” that was her words when I asked him about our relationship.

I feel ashamed because I was too confident. Since that day I decide to break our engagement and she was agreeing about that. At first both of my parents scold me and forced me to continue our relationship…relationship huh?  I don’t want to build any relationship with her again. I don’t care if it’s just being friends, sibling or whatever…I just don’t want her in my life.

Three months passed after our dissolved engagement, she came back. She knocked my apartment door and crying. Again, her boyfriend dumped her… I just don’t know how to react that day. I love her for years and saw her hurt make me feel pain on my chest too.

I was thought something stupid like I’ll replace Doyun’s place on her heart but that’s never happened. She just came to me whenever she had problems and then left me when her problem solved. It’s like she gave me a pair of wing; let me fly away and then shoot me with a gun so I fell in to the ground again. Ow, that’s hurt.

 

“Minhyun-ah, hey!” I was surprised when Minki appeared in my room. Oh right I just space out in the morning, and he must be laugh at me again. “You were normal yesterday, what’s wrong with you?” he asked.

“Uh..no..no! I’m perfectly fine,”

“Is that so?” he raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah… I just dreamed about spongebob last night!” I know I’m terribly at lying but I don’t care.

“I don’t get you,” he chuckled.

Few minutes later my phone’s ringing. Both I and Minki looked into my phone and I guess he saw the name on it. I don’t want to pick it up but Minki must be asked something weird again if I ignore this call.

“What’s wrong Dain?” I said when I picked up the phone.

“Drive to my house now!” again she asked some unnecessary things.

“Sorry, I can’t…”

“Why? You said you’ll stand beside me!”

“I’m sorry, I’m busy… I don’t have any time for help you solve your problem with him,”

“Minhyun… I want to meet you… I miss you,”

I sighed and smiled a bit. She’s super childish right? “I miss you too, but sorry…”

I hung up the phone and rose from my bed then reach Minki’s hand, he looked at me and seem want to ask me something but I cut his words. “Practice?” he nodded and smiled.

Why he must be so pretty at the outside but a rude monster at inside. I’m the one who don’t get you, Minki.

I need to learn this dance until this Saturday and if I couldn’t the movie wouldn’t go well. I love it when he started to dance with me, I feel like a gap between us became smaller. He’s a good trainer and I don’t like it. Our limit just until I can learn the waltz and then our relationship end. Sounds pretty bad, right?

“Minki-ssi… want me to pick you up again today?” I asked still moving my feet and my arms.

“Better not, I don’t want to ruin your job..”

“No, I’m fine. I’d like to,” I laughed.

“Minhyun-ah,” he stopped and I looked at him. “Can you call Nana nuna for me? I’ve something to do with her but I don’t have his phone number,” he said.

Nana? Oh…she’s that manhwa editor.

“I’m sorry but I don’t have her number,”

“Why?”

“Err… I don’t know,” why? There’s no reason if I don’t have her number on my phone.

“She’s your girl friend in the past, right?”

“Is she?”

Minki slapped my head and walked away. I was confused and yanked his arm before he went too far, I don’t get it why he must mad over small things like this. I don’t remember if I…wait… right! I have date her in the past, it’s about one year ago but why Minki must slapped me like that just because I forget her?

“Wait, why you mad?” I asked.

“How could you forget about her?”

“I think…it’s normal for people to forget,”

“But she’s your ex-girlfriend! What kind of playboy are you?”

“Hey wait, I’m not a playboy… I’m busy you know! When we break up it’s mean we’re end!”

Minki stay silent for a moment and then chuckled. But I know he’s not happy about what I said earlier.

“Right… after we break up, you’ll forget me as well but I just think it’s not fair since you still remember about your fiancé,”

“What do you mean?”

“You forced other people to forget you but in the other side you never forget someone you love in the past too, what a jerk…”

“I’ve forget her—“

“Liar… she’s the one who call you right? I’m the one who’s dating you right now but you talked to your ex-fiance in front my face, isn’t it kind of cold?”

He slammed door right in front of my face. Cold? I know that we’re dating right now but isn’t our relationship kind of joke?

Yeah, Minki Jealous and I’m happy about it.