Chapter 03

Waltz

 

Chapter 03

“Ouch! Are you an idiot?!” Ren winced in pain for several times when he train Minhyun how to dance waltz. It’s been one half hour left since Minhyun learned his first step, whenever Ren played the music and placed his hand around Minhyun shoulder, the other guy must be stepped on him.

“I said we must facing each other and our distance must be 50 centimeters, don’t too close or you’ll step on me again!” Ren exclaimed,

“O-okay… errr… can you explain everything from the start?” Minhyun draw a smile on his lip; actually he was scared that Ren might be dissolving their dance course.

“Geez… why you must learn Waltz? Are you having a party or something?!”

“No… but when I helped the script writer I must explain how to dance waltz so they can write a good description, and then when we started our filming  I must explain or maybe do a waltz as example for my actors,” Minhyun sighed, “Sorry, I don’t know how to dance…”

Ren rolled his eyes and he made his way toward the kitchen, Minhyun was worried and also felt guilty at the same time. Seeing Ren’s nape now made him wondering why he takes that confession joke seriously, no matter how many times you think about that people must be said that was a joke. Beside, Ren also thought their relationship as a joke.

It has been a long time since he felt troubled because of his relationship, not mention that’s because Ren was a guy but something feel different. Minhyun always found a hard time for falling love, he just fall in love once and he wished he could do the same thing again with different person—guy or girl doesn’t matter. It’s just…perhaps, he can fall in love again this time with Ren.

“You mad?” Minhyun asked in a low voice—scared to approach the other guy.

Ren looked at him before he drank a bottle of isotonic drink from the fridge, yeah his stare were cold just like ice. Ren didn’t say anything he just shook his head and put the drink into the fridge again while Minhyun was ready to buried him self on the sand because his guilt.

Ren just too mysterious—well people always said that he’s mysterious too but Ren just different. If he want to judge from what he looks, he might mistaken Ren for something again though he already mistake him for a girl on their first meeting. Minhyun thought that his new house partner was a cute and quiet guy at least had a similarity with his brother—Minho—but he was totally wrong. Ren was far from what he imagined, Ren just too…cold and move his mouth first before thinking.

That’s why he found it amusing for having him as his girl no—boyfriend, Minhyun feels weird when he said ‘boyfriend’

“Sorry,” Ren said without looked at Minhyun, then he took Minhyun hand and hold his palm; interweaved their fingers. “First, place your hand like this,” Ren said as his gaze pointed toward their hand.

“Okay,”

“Then…look, the distance with your partner! It’s important because I don’t want you stepped on a lady shoe,” Ren said while Minhyun just chuckled but the blonde threw his death glare at him,

Minhyun tried his best for do what Ren said, but his body just too stiff.

“Minhyun-ssi, don’t be so stiff or nervous!!  Relax your muscle,” Ren forced Minhyun to bend his arm, the dark haired guy just smiled bitterly. “Relax your hand or I’ll broke your bone, you want to learn or not?”

“O-okay, but this was my best for it,” Minhyun draw a small pout on his lip making Ren feel a quick ‘bathump’ on his heart.

“I bet you already touch girls for several times, why you so nervous with me?” Ren broke into thin smile,

Minhyun just rolled his eyes and chuckled, he couldn’t deny it. He started to relax his muscles and enjoying his music, he never thought that Waltz had so many variations and surprisingly Ren know all the steps. He closed his eyes sometime and hummed—

“Minki-ssi, you—“

“OUCH!! YOU—“ Minhyun stepped on Ren again,

“Sorry…” Minhyun smiled bitterly and he was ready for running.

***

 

Minhyun was having a breakfast when he heard a loud ringtone came from his phone, he swallowed the last piece of the sandwich and took his phone from the charger. He let out a sigh when he saw a name on his phone screen, a beautiful name with a pretty display picture on the contact list. He pushed the green—dial button—picked up his call,

“He—“

“Yah! Why take you so long?” a high pitch voice greeted him,

“Sorry, I’m on the toilet,” Minhyun lied,

“Oh… Minhyun, you know… Doyun… he dumped me,” she started to sobs,

“Dain-ah, if you had problem with Doyun, then don’t call me! Call him,”

“But, you’re just the only one who can comfort me…” Dain cried and Minhyun was worried about her.

To be honest, Minhyun didn’t want to meet Dain again after the cancellation of their engagement. She left lot of bad memories for him; the moment when his heart broke into pieces just because Dain want to dissolve their engagement so sudden, he couldn’t accept everything so easily.

For about fifteen years he always thought Dain as his everything, his future wife who will accompany him for his entire life. Hearing her voice again make him uncomfortable, her soft voice were enough for drive him insane.

“Dain-ah… sorry, I’m not a single anymore, so I can’t go as I want,” Minhyun bitted his lips, he heard a long pause from Dain. “Hello?”

“Y-yes, oh…is that so?” Dain asked in shakily voice like she was about to cry again,

“Yeah,”

“After you meet me again, you’ll dumped her again…like you always did to your previous girlfriend,”

‘She hasn’t changed yet,’ Minhyun thought.

“Is she someone I know?”

“No, you don’t know…”

“Baekho? Is he known about her?” Dain keep give Minhyun questions like a reporter,

“No, he doesn’t know… I’m hanging up ‘kay?”

“No wait! Is she pretty? Cute?”

Minhyun shook his head and rubbed his temple. Sometimes her attitude really annoy him, he was search for the best answer that he could gave.

“Yeah, pretty…”

“More than me?”

Minhyun hanging up his phone, it’s impossible to compare a guy and girl. Since they were born, God already gave them some differences. Minhyun threw himself at sofa, he take a break from his work today. He needs to read the novels and started practices again, speak of the practice where’s Ren?

Minhyun took a glance at the clock, it still 05.00 pm now wonder Ren hasn’t get up yet. He stepped to Ren’s room and decide to wake him up since he want to learn Waltz again, he wonder why he loves to dance with Ren though he always shouted at him whenever he made mistake. Minhyun opened the door slowly; he saw Ren still built a cocoon by his thick blanket.

Minhyun carefully shake Ren’s body which make Ren groaned, Ren turned his body and facing Minhyun—his eyes still closed. The other guy was sleep peacefully—closed eyes with lips parted—Minhyun close his mouth; tried to hide his blush cheek. Why on earth he can be so adorable?

“Minki-ssi, ireona,” Mnhyun said as he shook ren’s upper arm.

Ren groaned and he sat himself on the bed, his hair was messy—long bangs covered his eyes and Minhyun found he was blushed again.

“I—“

“You are an idiot, right?” Ren said and looked at him with his narrow eyes. Minhyun couldn’t help but he just broke into a small laugh.

“S-sorry then,”

“Aish, you are so annoying! You apologize but you still laugh!” Ren threw his pillow at Minhyun face, the older just laughed more.

Ren stood up and make his way into bathroom; he sighed and splashed some water into his face. After that he walked back into his room and take a rubber band for tied his hair, he looked at Minhyun with not amusing face. He always had a terrible mood when someone wake him up,

“What do you want?” Ren asked while crossed his hand on his chest.

“Dance practice?”

“You always answered my question with another question,” Ren rolled his eyes,

“Sorry, so… can we?” he asked while put a bright smile on his face, again it’s make that little ‘bathump’ appeared on Ren’s heart.

“Hey, have you brush your teeth?” Ren asked as he grabbed Minhyn hand and intertwined their fingers together. Minhyun chuckled toward Ren question; he’s so weird for asking that kind of question.

“Yes I have, why?”

“Because I smelled cheese here,” Ren chuckled as he start to moved his feet,

“That’s must be from my sandwich,” the other guy put a thin yet sweet smile,

“Don’t stepped on me or else I’ll smash your head,”

Minhyun didn’t understand Ren, this person really never thought about other people feeling. Although he was like that, Minhyun always found an attractive feeling through his eyes. When he dances with Ren, he could stare at the brown—chocolate—orbs without blinking.

“Minhyun-ah remember, waltz had some steps. They like slow, quick, slow steps. On the first step, we’ll take it slow then—yah! Are you listening?”

Minhyun stopped his step; his eye still on Ren. It’s not like he didn’t understand about Ren explanation, he just surprised when the other called him with ‘ah’ not ‘ssi’. Well, maybe it’s only during at their relationship, when he can dance Waltz then their relationship would be over. He felt hurt when he said that actually,

“Minhyun-ah!” Ren yelled at him, made him realize that he was being an idiot for some seconds.

“Y-yes?” he startled,

“Ugh…you’re spacing out again!” Ren released their hand and leave Minhyun,

“H-hey…sorry,” Minhyun exclaimed as he laugh,

“Make up to me then,”

“I’ll drive you for work,” Maybe this time he would fall in love for sure, and kicked Dain from his mind.

***

 

A/n : For anyone who might be confused about the plot, let me explained something then :)

Minhyun and Ren relationship is complicated because for Ren, their relationship just a kind of game. For Minhyun, he thought it as game too but he really want to fall in love with Ren just because he want to forget Dain .__. the angst wouldn't be serious, no death character on it.