Chapter 02

Waltz

 

Chapter 02

 

“But you can’t blame them, I thought,” JR and Ren still on their lunch break conversation.

“Huh? Why? They never like me as a person, they just like my face after all,” Ren chuckled and sip his coffee, JR turned his chair and facing Ren. His lips formed a small smirk,

“How could I put this… you have a face which made every girl fantasizing about it, charming and sometimes look fragile,” JR explained.

“Oh sorry about that then,”

"When I’m on high school I entered a famous academy through scholarship, I thought it would be fine and the situations would be more god than my old school. But, I was wrong. Most of female students there are pampered and also sheltered girl who always judge people because of their appearance. Most of them always search for good looking guys and they believe if those guys would obey their wish, but for me it’s absolutely not," Ren explained. “I think they must look into reality, the cute guys or prince look a like never exist,”

“Wow that’s harsh, buddy,” JR slaps him lightly, “How about your house partner?”

“You mean Minhyun?”

“Yeah, damn you get a chance for live with a rich person,”

“It’s not that great,”

“What kind person is he?”

“He’s a good looking person,” Ren said calmly which make JR rolled his eyes. People would know that just by looking, Ren no need to tell him about the fact that he’s a handsome prince.

“Right, and his personality? Face can deceive, like you said,”

Before let out any answer from his mouth Ren just thought about it for a moment, maybe the prince actually exist. Minhyun never showed his tired expression and he always smiled everytime like he didn’t had any trouble, he always enjoyed everything and he’s smart too.

“I don’t know…we rarely met to each other,” Ren must keep it on his mind, it’s still his first second week, no one would be know about what happened in the future later. It’s possible if Minhyun suddenly turned into annoying guy,

“Hey you two!” someone yelled behind them, it was a black haired boy who walked toward them.

“What’s up Yusang?” JR turned his head and looked at the tall guy in front of him,

“Lunch break is over, I want Minki to checking our books at east-side bookstore,”

Without any commands anymore Ren sip his coffee again and rose from his seat, taking the bag and the entire list he need then go to elevator. He always loved to spent his time at bookstore, all he do just checking the statistic of his book and also he always checked about the book he charged in, though it wasn’t his job but sale production management instead he just love to do it.

When he already at the courtyard he looked for Yusang car and drove it toward the bookstore. The street seems pretty coward today, lot people walked though it’s not Sunday. Ren looked at the clock on his wrist, he would be late five minutes from what he promised to the bookstore owner.

When Ren arrived at the bookstore, he just parked his car near the street lamp and walked in. he was greeted by a bell sound and an old lady there, Ren introduced him self as Choi Minki and that old lady nodded. She led Ren into the reading place and asked him for wait while she took her report.

Ren scanned the room, it’s really nice and he can sniff a wodden smell came from the book case. He decide to look around but someone yanked him,

“Hey,” Ren turned around and found Minhyun with his books,

“Minhyun-ssi, what are you doing here?” asked Ren; smiled.

“Looking for some books,” Minhyun smiled back at him, Ren wondered why Minhyun’s smile feels so warm.

“Oh, you read too?”

“No, it’s for my project. Have you heard about Waltz?” Minhyun asked as he sit on the wooden chair and placed his book on the table.

“You mean the music by Frederic Chopin? Or the dance?” Ren raised his eyebrows

“The book. You worked at publishing company right?”

“Oh, that old novel. It’s tell about dance and the music, everything mixed,”

“Seems you know a lot,” Minhyun showed his grin,

“Of course, I’m working at publishing company. Remember?”

Few minutes later the owner of the bookstore came with her report and Ren would checked it there, he read the report and wrote something on his book while Minhyun tell him about how his project going later. Minhyun explained that he love the story from that novel which told us about true love; someone who will love us without any terms. Ren smiled bitterly toward Minhyun story, someone that he talk about never exist on Ren world.

“I need to learn how to dancing waltz, for the music…since I played piano it will be easy, but for the dance..ah I’m surrender,” Minhyun broke into laugh.

“Why you didn’t learn it with your girlfriend?” Ren asked, Minhyun can’t help but laugh toward Ren question. “Hey, what’s so funny?” Ren frowned.

“I… I don’t have any girlfriend, how bad,”

“Why? I’m pretty sure the girls would make a long entrance for getting your love,”

“You praise me too much,” Minhyun smiled.

“Oh…” Ren expect him for someone who always judge people by their appearance, that’s why he never get a girlfriend. “You must be too picky,”

“No, personally I never judge people from their face, so I don’t have any type or ideal girl how come I can be so picky?” Minhyun sentence make Ren stunned for a moment, he mistaking Minhyun again.

Ren never had any interest to Minhyun, for him he’s just a good guy who let everyone stay at his place and never complained. Minhyun seems friendly but he’s untouchable at the same time, Ren wonder why he feel like that. Hearing him saying those things make him a little bit curious about Minhyun’s personality, but he couldn’t ask more.

“Well, if I had a girlfriend it must be easy for learn the dance step, since girls love dancing,” Minhyun chuckled while flipping his books,

“Are you serious that you don’t have a girlfriend? Or the ex…you have an ex?”

“Hmm…yes I have. My ex-fiancé,” with that sentence, Ren stunned again. “But I couldn’t get along with her anymore, so she can’t give me a course,”

“Then how about going out with me then? I know how to dance waltz, and then we broke up after you know the steps,” Ren chuckled, he was ready to leave the bookstore cause he finished his report.  Minhyun just looked at him with a strange look, “I’ll be going now, bye!” Ren leave the bookstore and drove his car back into his office.

***

Ren finished his report and he placed it on Yusang desk, he put all of his stuff into his bag and he was ready to leave the office. He always going home together with JR,because he will give Ren a drive till he arrived to Minhyun’s apartment. When they stepped out from the office, suddenly Ren was shocked by Minhyun.

The movie director waved his hand toward Ren. Ren and JR looked into each other and then Ren approach him, with a curious look.

“Minhyun-ssi, what are you doing here?” Ren asked,

“Pick you up?” he grinned,

“Don’t answer a question with another question,” Ren sighed,

“But—“

“Ah it’s fine then, JR go home alone ‘kay?” JR nodded and they walk into parking hall together, Ren still confused toward Minhyun acts. He’s too kind and weird.

Letting him for stay at his place maybe normal but picked him up from work place it’s definitely weird, what’s his intention behind this? Normal people wouldn’t be this kind hearted. When Ren bucked his safety belt around him he remembered about something that he said to Minhyun earlier,

“Then how about going out with me then? I know how to dance waltz, and then we broke up after you know the steps,”

 Ren shook his head and draw a bitter smile on his full lip, he didn’t take that seriously right? Ren thought. When he said that he just threw a joke—well it’s a lame joke beside Ren’s expression didn’t showed like he was joked. A cold sweat run from his temple, Minhyun was straight and he must be know that Ren just kidding.

“A-are we… dating?” Ren hesitated with his own question,

“Yes, you promise me for a dance course right?”

“Aaahh is that so? Okay then, but our relationship might be short, because I’m a good trainee. I’m promise you can dance waltz faster,” Ren sighed but let out a small laugh, so it’s just a game.

Minhyun focused his eyes toward the street; actually he felt a little hurt by Ren words. This person seem like willing to date with anyone, Ren must be didn’t know if his words at bookstore earlier give so much effect for Minhyun.

When Ren (probably) asked him to go out Minhyun was surprised he thought it as a real confession because Ren look like a girl, so perhaps he’s…gay. It’s confused for Minhyun, having a pretty person (though it was a guy) asked him to go out while he had so much trouble with his love and his movie project, really complicated. But then he need to learn how to dance, if he go to the dance course place he might be waste his time but if he learned how to dance with Ren, he can do it at home and it’s totally free.

Without Ren knowing, Minhyun had tons of problems behind his smile.

 

 

@loveghost : No~ but I got  inspired by a japanese song titled waltz :) yeah sometimes I love angst but I don't like death character, it's bring me to tears ;~; not weird I think, because personally I love fluff in the middle of conflicts, it makes the story sweeter /////w/////) oh the poster? glad you like it!! I'm still learning so it's a little dull .___.

@SilverSea_SpiritStar : Yes, because he's so cooooll cooolll*sistar dance* I want make him being a tsundere /////w/////)

@aznmusiklife : yeah, he got an unique personality eh?^^ he's so quiet

@AllRiseSapphireBlue : Let's spazzing together XDDD I'm updated :D

@hyunsing : Yeah he's totally diferent from my previous story lol. Thankyou so much for the compliment XD

@haniglory : yeah I'm indonesian, suer OwO)v to be exact I'm sundanese. Tbh, I'm still lack in english ;~; oohh scene? *blush* I can't promise it, karena saya bodoh dalam menulis /slap/ but you will find some light on this story :)

@littledragonfruit : yeah, I post the poster on my gallery OwO) wae you so envy? kkkkk~ you must blame Minren not me >< they're too adorable and I can't resist...

@IceBabyBoy : updated :D hope you like it

@DMAsha : Yeah, I tried to change his image heree :DD

@Galdy42 : you're welcome and thank you for reading^^

@fyrefox233 : Minren is also 2min rite? :D