THE ARRIVE

From Cold To Warm

 

As soon as the flight landed on Incheon Airport I picked my things and went search for a Chinese-Korean person who resembles my uncle. *How in the world would I find him?! I only had a picture when he was very young… and is not so good looking at all, just like my uncle*

 

After going around for 40 minutes with two very big baggage bags I went to a coffee shop in the airport. *Where is he? Is so much people here that I wouldn’t find my own parents…*

While I was distracted with my troughs someone grabbed one of my bags and started running.

“HEY!! YOU STOP IT!! THIS IS MINE!! HEY YOU” I said while a run after him but someone was faster than me! He faces looked very young but I could see that is older than me. He easily grabbed my bag and right after the police came and took over the situation.

I was quite paralyzed, I travel for hours, I was hungry, someone steal my bag and I didn’t find my f*ing cousin! This is a great way to start my new life in Seoul.

The young boy who chased after the thief came to me with a smile on his face. I just stayed like that, don’t managing to give a simple smile because I’m not in the feeling mode.

“At last you should say thank you to your cousin right Prim!!?” He said with cute smile on his face. *Wait, he is my cousin?!! He doesn’t look like the one on the picture mother gave to me*

“Thank you Luhan…” I said not showing any sigh of emotions “but I’ve waited one and half hour in this freaking airport, so don’t judge me for not smile at you”.

“Okay.” He said, still smiling *seriously what’s up with this guy?!! Is life so wonderful here?!!*

After that we went to take a taxi to my new sweet home. I wasn’t excited at all; I’m just here because my parents wanted me to learn some discipline. I’m really a normal girl but they just don’t understand the way I am. Is like they want me to be someone else…

While I was in the taxi I looked around the city. A lot of Korean letters appeared and my head started feeling dizzy. Not that I can’t speak Korean because I do, but I’m just… not comfortable to this language.

It’s seems like Luhan noticed that and he said “Don’t worry Prim, you will accustomed to it”. I didn’t answer. I’m not in the mode to talk to anyone. Just wanted go home, eat and sleep.

Soon we arrive at Luhan’s house. It was okay for a guy living here alone. I stepped inside and it looked very comfortable to be here. This house had a warm feeling to me and I liked that.

“Your room is upstairs, bathroom is right beside your room, my room is in front of yours, if you need something just say it” He said, I just nodded.

I picked some of my bags, he helped me with the others and soon I was in my bedroom. I arranged my clothes, took a shower and went to the dreamland.

I waked up with someone on my door saying something about food. My heavy eyes opened and I went downstairs to eat dinner.

I looked what he had prepared and it was rice, meat, salad so on. Just like European meal.

We ate in silence since there is nothing to say, but it would be better if he didn’t look at me so much.

“Prim-ah…”

“Please call me PrimROSE or YURI. I know we are cousins and all but and we aren’t so close…” I said a little annoyed.

“But… I want to be close with you since we were living under the same roof.”

I looked and him right in the eyes and I feel something, a rare feeling but I didn’t pay too much attention to it and answered back to him.

“Don’t worry; I will be back to the States very soon so there is no need to be close.” I said while standing up and going back to my room.

“Wake up early tomorrow because it will be your first day of school…. Good night” He murmured the last part but I could hear it clearly.

I sat on bed not really knowing what I would do. I already missed being in the States. It’s like, even if I was born in Seoul my heart will always be in the States and nothing could change that. Unconsciously tears started falling from my eyes. I lie down on my bed and put my face on the pillow trying to not make any sound but it was a failure.

What I didn’t know is that Luhan was behind the door and hear everything…