Bacon, Half an Onion and Cucumber Slices

It Started With a Dance Battle

 

Amy’s POV

I wake up with a headache and my eyes feel gritty and sore.

-What the hell?-

Suddenly memories from last night flood back and the head ache and the soreness in my eyes are no longer a mystery- I’d been crying my eyes out.

I then recall Kevin, being there and comforting me.

-Damn, I cried in front of him! So embarrassing! And to him this must seem like something one should not cry about! It’s more an ‘being angry at parents’ thing, not being sad.. But I was just so shocked…-

I still keep my eyes closed, I’m not ready yet, I don’t want to go down to the kitchen and face the staff.. But I can’t get a hold of cucumber slices unless I go downstairs.

-Oh, the inner conflict-

I let out a heavy sigh. Then take a deep breath to steady myself.

-WHAT THE!? This is not my bed’s scent!-

My eyes immediately shoot open.
I’m in Kevin’s room, in his bed.

-So I never went home!? Please tell me we didn’t sleep in the same bed!-

I turn around, fearing the worst.

No one’s next to me.

-Phew! I wouldn’t be able to stand the awkwardness! But.. If I’m in his bed, does that mean he slept in the extra bed? How come? And I don’t even remember us going to bed-

I lean over the edge of the bed, to see if he’s in the extra bed(it’s one of those you pull out from under the bed) and sure enough the bed’s out and the sheets are messy, but no Kevin.

I sit up, and notice that a certain someone has taken off my socks and my hoodie, they’re on his armchair.

So I slept in leggings and a long tank top. Somehow, even though the clothes that I’m wearing aren’t revealing at all, I still feel my cheeks burn at the thought of Kevin undressing me.

-I shouldn’t freak out over it, he did it to be nice and he’s not a ert, he’s my best friend! I’d feel weird if Yunnie or Mimi did it too.. Right.. Right?-

I fall back onto the bed, groaning. I’m in a complicated situation. It feels like if I do something wrong we’ll be awkward around each other, and I don’t want that. The only thing I can do is to act normal, like it’s no big deal.
I get up, stretch my arms and walk downstairs.

As I get to the hallway I hear shrieks from the kitchen.

-This can’t be good-

I walk closer and smell something completely MOUTHWATERING.

-Mmm… Bacon..-

When I peek inside, I see Kevin by the stove trying to avoid the sizzling grease splattering on his hands.

-so that’s why he was shrieking-

 He’s engrossed with the ‘cooking’ and doesn’t notice my presence.

“Uuh.. Kevin?”

He jumps when I speak, clearly startled.

“Oh Amy you’re awake! I’m making breakfast.” He smiles happily.

“I can see that..” I say, unenthusiastically.

“Whaat?”  He pouts, “I thought I was doing a good job with the bacon..”

I walk over to the stove, inspecting his work.

“Why is there a lid..?”(A/N in Chef’s Kiss when Kevin just randomly put a too small lid in the frying pan! xD)

“Because I didn’t want any sizzling grease burning my hand.” He says it like it’s completely obvious.

“There’s no need to stir while it’s sizzling, it’s when it stops sizzling you’re supposed to stir, that’s why you got the grease on your hands. Before the sizzling stops you just separate the bacon strips with a tong. But, on the whole, it’s good.”

Kevin lowers his head once I’m done talking, mumbling something about “just wanted to do something for you..”

“Don’t get depressed! Compared to that half cooked, bland to the point of having no taste at all pasta dish, this is gourmet.”

 

“Sorry but I had a cold! I couldn’t taste anything and I accidently read it wrong and took four teaspoons instead of four tablespoons!” He defensively crosses his arms and sticks his tongue out.

“Whatever the reasons, you’ve improved.” I smile at him and reach up to pat his head.

-Woah when did he get this tall?-

He immediately stops acting offended and smiles.

“Anyway, I’ll just finish this up. Could you please do me a favor and cut two slices of cucumber for me?”

“Why would you- Oh! I see, yeah, sure.” He nods and we both get to work.

Since the bacon’s still sizzling I take out eggs and set the table.

“Kevin, do you just want egg and bacon or should I make egg toast?”

“Yay! I love egg toast! Make some, please~?”

“Haha sure, I feel like egg toast today too.”

He’s soon finishes with cutting the cucumber so once he’s done he helps me chop the cabbage, carrot and half an onion.

“We can just use the leftovers for dinner or something.” He places the unneeded vegetables in a bowl and puts it in the fridge.

~~

After the absolutely delicious breakfast (thanks to my skills) I lay down for a while with the cucumber slices on my eyes, waiting for the moist to make my dry, swollen eyes normal again. Kevin said he’ll do the dishes so I relax upstairs in his bed (again). Somehow I feel myself getting tired, even though I slept longer then I usually do.

-I guess that’s what crying does to you-





______________________________

I know, I know... But I do have a reason for not updating, first of all, writers block, second, personal stuff. But I'm back, sort of. This is short but I think I have an idea on how to continue it now that I'm back on track. Though I have six tests and assignments and seven days of school left, so don't get your hopes up..

I just wanted to share the 'first draft' of the scene where Kevin fails in the kitchen, written by my co-writer when we were both sleep deprived.



"When I peek inside, I see Kevin by the stove trying to... protect himself from the firebreathing minidragons..?

Who..

breathe fire..

..on his hands?"

We're so normal. <3