Neon Jeongmal Mystery

It Started With a Dance Battle

Yuns POV:

“Seriously, that looked ing awesome!” Dongho says as the people who’d been watching us had gone away.

-Wow, quite the confidence boost!-

“What, were you expecting us to ?” Mimi asks.

“No, no! That’s not what I meant! It was just better than I imagined. You were like totally synched!”

He makes a lame attempt to do one of the dance steps. It was still kinda cute though. Cute as in “you’re so pathetic it makes me feel sorry for you”-cute. But it’s not like I can’t sympathize with him.

 -It took me ages to learn all that without stumbling. When it’s my own moves it’s easy but when Mimi and Amy adds stuff it’s harder. I guess I’ll just have to learn every existing dance move-

“We’ve danced together since like.. Forever! And you still think something as easy as synchronizing our movements is hard?” Amy asks him raising her eyebrows and putting her hands on her hips.

Poor guy, he was just trying to give us a compliment.

“Fine, fine, you were insanely good, but of course that’s what I expected. Happy now?” Amy and Mimi beamed.

“Yes!”

“Yeah, totally.”

Suddenly I spot a person,who catches my attention, and from the way the person is dressed, it’s a guy. He’s dressed all black, with a hoodie that’s WAY too big for him, and skinny jeans. He has a cap that’s covering half of his face.

-Creepy~-

He then starts walking towards us! I feel my palms getting sweaty.

 -Is he another !?-

“Ey, Yun, what’s wrong?” L.Joe asks, or rather shouts, and everyone around me looks at me. I still can’t tear my eyes away from the guy. When everyone looks in the same direction as me they spot him too.

“Yun, take it easy, there’s five.. Well, four and a half I guess.. -” Dongho chuckles, and I know that he glanced at Kevin when he added that cause Kevin angrily asks

“Hey!? What is that supposed to mean!?”

Dongho just ignores Kev and keep talking to me.

“… of us and we won’t let anything happen to you three, okay?”

I calm down, it was silly to think that this one lone guy could do anything.
The guy seems to have noticed that we’re looking. He smiles a friendly smile

–damn that’s a cute smile!-

and starts gliding instead of walking. My eyes widen, he’s really amazing at it! It looks effortless, like he has no body weight at all! He might even be better than Mimi at gliding.. I wonder if he can do other popping moves? If so, Mimi definitely has some competition. I hear her sneer.

“That’s nothing.” She starts dancing too.

-Aish, so competitive!-

I shoot a glance at the guy, his smile is even wider now, and he enters our little circle. We automatically back up, making the circle bigger.
They dance gliding around in circles around each other, making Robot moves, Electric Boogaloo, and so on. I’ve never seen Mimi be so.. Intense and serious and at the same time HAPPY!
She’s self taught from watching youtube clips so she’s always been alone when it comes to popping.. Sure, I know the basics but everything I know is stuff that she’s taught me.. And it came from hard work. She on the other hand, learned everything after watching it a few times.
They start to dance one at a time, and then look at the other one as if they’re saying “See if you can do that huh!?”
It’s an even battle, I can’t tell who’s the better. After three songs they give up, laughing. We, and the people who’s started watching us (again ..) applaud loudly, some even cheer and wolf whistles.

“Wow you’re sick man! That was some really incredible moves you did there!” Mimi applauds with the rest of us, grinning to him from ear to ear.

The anonymous dancer bows and turns around, just as I think he’s gonna walk away he turns around again and says:

“I hope I’ll see you again, you three are great dancers.”

-woah, he must’ve seen us when we danced the routine!-

He then adds “and YOU”, pointing at Mimi, “our battle is NOT over yet.” He cheekily grins and makes his way through the crowd, disappearing.

“Who the hell was that?” CAP says out loud.

“I don’t know, but I’m SO gonna learn some of his moves!” Mimi exclaims.

Amy’s POV:

-OMG that guy was so cute! Okay, fine I only saw his smile but still! I wonder what his name is, and why he was so mysterious and didn’t show his face… Maybe he has a really big and ugly nose!? I hope not! Hm..  I wanna meet him again.. I should ask Mimi to teach me some more popping moves!-

Were all tired after this eventful night so we decide to go home. Outside its really cold! We all stand together finally able to speak to each other without shouting.

“Ill go to the bus stop to check when our bus comes.” Kiseop says and jogs around the street corner. We keep talking, waiting for him. When he comes back, he doesn’t look too happy.

“Err.. Guys.. The last bus has already gone. The next bus won’t come until five in the morning.”

“Aw hell no! I aint gonna walk all the way to your place Kiseop, it's November! ...Cold!” L.joe says. The guys (excluding Kevin) were gonna sleep at Kiseops place since hes home alone. All the other guys live in other districts..

“Aish ottoke?” Kiseop ruffles his hair.

“Well… I can give you a ride.” I smile.

“Wait, since when can you drive?”

“Ehum, I-” I get no chance to finish the sentence since L.Joe interrupts me.

“Ah you mean your parents are gonna pick you up?”

“Well-“ I try to talk again, but Dongho also butts in.

“But we wont fit in a car? There’re too many of us.”

“I mean-“

“Are your parents even awake now?” CAP asks.

-Aish, can’t they let me talk!?-

“STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND LET ME EXPLAIN!” I shout.

-Ah, NOW they’re quiet. And they all look at me with “O.O”-expressions-

“We.. You see..” I don’t really like telling this to people but they’re already my friends so it’s not like they’ll use me.. “Im actually quite rich so.. I have a personal chauffeur and a ten seat limo… So well all fit. I’m just gonna call and ask but I’m sure hell give you guys a ride too.” I smile, waiting for their reactions.

“Woah, wait!? How rich ARE you?” L.Joe stares at me with big eyes, so does CAP.

“Well.. My dad’s a business man and I guess his company is quite big.. I don’t know the details but yeah. Since he’s always away and stuff like that he wants me to get to school and home safely so…”

“Cool, you’re rich! Now I’m gonna make you buy me food! Naw just kidding.” L.Joe winks.

“If we wouldn’t have come here with you we would now be facing an hour of walking.. Thank God we met each other at the mall!” CAP says.

I give him a look.

“No, no! I mean, you’re a great friend too! I didn’t mean it like that! No way.. I’d... We.. I’d never use you just because you’re rich.”CAP looks down and scratches his neck, looking rather awkward.

-Aaw, how cute!-     

“Yeah me neither, if you’re a friend of Mimi then you’re our friend too.” L.Joe states, smiling warmly.

“It’s okay, I know you two aren’t like that.” I smile too, feeling truly happy.

I call the chauffeur and tell him the change of plans.

“Okay Miss Wong, Ill arrive in 15 minutes.”

“Thank you!” I hang up.

“Hell be here in 15 minutes.”

Mimi and Yun are having an animated discussion about the dance moves the unknown teenager with the cute smile did, Yun’s trying some of them, failing and almost falling on her face, causing both of them to laugh, making the guys turn and wonder what they’re so amused about.