Why Can't This Be A Dream?!

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

I had the strangest dream. In it, I had landed in this strange place that was called Neverland. There was this weird kid who kidnapped me and took me to his leader. Then I found myself in this huge library where the leader, called Prince Alexander, told me I’m some sort of ‘magical being’. Pretty crazy stuff, right? And do you want to know the craziest part? It wasn’t a dream, it was real!! Why does reality have to so much?!

I realized that it wasn’t a dream when I woke up and I found myself in a strange bed, inside a strange house. I cautiously investigated my new surroundings, not knowing what to expect. It seemed that I was by myself, except that I wasn’t. I was being watched, like I was his prey. His hungry gaze was burning a hypothetical hole in my back. I turned around, but to my surprise, there was no one there. Either I was completely losing my mind, or he was invisible and in this place, I’m learning to expect almost anything.

Mystery POV

I could immediately sense she was human. I’ve never seen one this close up before. My hunting instincts suddenly kicked in as I hungrily watched her explore Prince Alexander’s cottage. The others will definitely be happy to hear about her. We haven’t had a “toy” to play with in awhile and living so close to us too. Prince Alexander should’ve known better than to send her here. Staying hidden, I gracefully flew out of the open cottage window. I took to the skies, spreading out my black velvet wings.

I could see our castle in the near distance. Faster than the speed of light, I flew home to meet my brothers. Before I landed, I could see AJ’s figure waiting for me in the courtyard.

“Any good news”, he asked after I landed. “You’ll be thrilled to know we have a new neighbor”, I replied with a devilish smirk. He cocked his head to the side, clearly confused. “A human, AJ.  We now have a human girl living next door in Prince Alexander’s cottage.” Hearing this, he too got a devilish smirk on his face. “We better go tell Kibum.”

I nodded and followed him into the castle, where our leader, Kibum was slumped in his throne, clearly bored out of his mind. When he saw us, he perked up. “We have some interesting news”, AJ explained. Continuing I said, “Seems like we have a new neighbor; a human girl.” At hearing this, an evil grin spread across our leader’s handsome face. “Oh really? Well, we can definitely have some fun with her”, he said, laughing evilly.

Autumn POV

I knew I wasn’t alone, or at least hadn’t been because I heard this huge whoosh, like the sound of wings from a bird; a gigantic bird. I stuck my head out of the nearest window and looked up into the sky. There I saw this bird-like creature, except it was way too big to be a bird and it had the body of a human, well a person anyway. I knew that I had been watched only moments ago, but for how long I had no clue. Well, at least it wasn’t invisible, but I now know I have to be careful in this place. Oh well, at least I have the safety of this home to protect me, at least that’s what I thought at the current moment.

Mystery POV

I just hate when those pesky fallen angels make a mess of things because as an angel, I, and the rest of my brothers, usually have to clean it up. I don’t why they constantly have to stir up trouble. This time, they ripped up the garden I had just planted. With the few nerves I had left, I cleared the soil and started planting new seeds. It was laboring work, but enjoyable nonetheless.

“Finished”, I said, stepping back to admire my work. Just then, Kiseop came out, looking at my masterpiece. “Do you need a little help”, he asked. “That would be much appreciated”, I answered sweetly.

Kiseop started to cry and the skies became clouded. Rain fell down, watering the parched soil. The rain stopped as sudden as it had started. “Thanks Kiseop.” “No problem Kevin”, he replied.

“What’s with the rain”, we could hear Hoon yell with a small hint of annoyance. We exchanged amused glances and ran inside to meet him. “Sorry Hoon, Kiseop was just helping me with my garden…again.” “The fallen angels”, he asked. We nodded our heads, even though Hoon already knew what our answer would be. He has the ability to read minds, but we all know that the fallen angels are always messing everything up and causing trouble.

Hoon’s face suddenly went completely blank. It usually did that when he was reading someone’s mind. His expression turned back to normal again after a few seconds.

“What is it”, Kiseop asked curiously. “I just read Kibum’s mind. Apparently, there is a human girl living in Prince Alexander’s cottage.” “A human girl? That sounds a bit farfetched, don’t you think, Hoon”, our leader, Soohyun said coming up to us after hearing our conversation. “Kibum isn’t the most trustworthy so he could be purposely manipulating his own thoughts to trick you.” “Well, the only way we’ll know for sure is if we go to the cottage and see for ourselves”, I said butting in. Excited, Kiseop said, “Ooh I love sky trips!!”