The Truth is Revealed

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

"--Eli and I kissed." I could only just imagine the look on Kevin's face because it was dark in the room. "Did I hear you right", Kevin finally replied. I hung my head. "Yes, yes you did. Eli and I kissed tonight." He was silent for a bit. "What about Hoon?" I sighed. "I don't know Kevin." I started to cry.

He came closer to me and placed my head on his warm chest; caressing my hair every once in a while. When I'd stopped blubbering like a baby I said, "Hoon is perfect in every way; sweet as can be and just amazing while Eli has flaws and is tough, but is very sweet and thoughtful. I guess that's why I was drawn to Eli. He's just different, almost--human."

I said that last part as an inside joke, one that obviously Kevin didn't catch on to. "Well, I suppose everyone has their preferences, but why did you lead Hoon on if you liked Eli?" "Kevin, I honestly didn't try to. I swear!!" I started to cry again. "I just want to go home and forget any of this even happened." "We're trying to figure that issue out. But without exponential resources like Alexander has, it's almost impossible, but we won't give up, okay." I nodded.

"I think when I do go home, I'm going to miss you the most." Kevin chuckled. "Why is that?" "I don't know. You're like the guy friend I never had. One I don't get nervous around, even if you are incredibly attractive." He ruffled my hair and hugged me. He smelled like sweet flowers and fresh rain; a very clean smell.

Kevin started singing a soft ballad and I knew where it would lead so I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him and fell asleep to his angelic voice.

Narrator POV

He knew something was up so he followed them, making sure to keep a safe distance so they wouldn't spot him.

They stopped at a cottage in the middle of the woods, which he never knew was there. Staying out of sight, he walked around to the back of the small building and stayed close to an open window. There he could hear everything they were saying.

"So what about you? Tell me some things about your life, you know, before everything happened”, Autumn said. "I'm like you; mom and dad, older brother. But my parents always compared my brother and I. My hyung, Eric was always the overachiever---

---I wanted to quit high school and become an actor, well, you can just imagine what my parents had to say to that." "They didn't approve?" "Not one bit. They said I had to think realistically and think about my future family---

"How did that go?" "I hated it. It was pure torture going in there every day. But because it's what my parents wanted, I stuck with it. The only thing keeping me sane was practicing acting on the side without my parents knowing---

---and I was grounded for five months. If that wasn't bad enough, they made me take up extra hours at the law firm plus they made me watch as they burned my scripts."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "All this time--he's been lying", was all he said before he took off into the midnight sky.

Eli POV

"Deep breaths Eli. What's the worst they could do to you?"

Flashback

"WHAT!!!" I was woken by the sound of yelling and loud footsteps that sounded like they were coming my way. Then seconds later, my bedroom door was nothing more than ashes. Kibum was standing in my now empty doorway with fire burning deep in his eyes.

"Kibum relax", I screamed as I quickly dodged a fire ball he threw at me. "Get the hell out of here you mortal freak!!" I just stared at him. "Mortal?! What are you talking about?!"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!! Since when have you been meeting with the human girl?! And kissing her?! Who's side are you on Eli?!?" "How--" "AJ caught you shoving your tongue down last night. He told me everything. I want you out of here!!! You betrayed us by befriending her and you're lucky I don't kill you right here because of you being a-- a human", he replied, cringing at the last word.

"Where am I supposed to go?" "I don't give a !! Just get out of my sight."

So I opened up my bedroom window and flew out of the castle I'd called home before Kibum could become even angrier with me.

End of flashback

And that's how I ended up at the front door to the angels' castle.