Mastering Emotion Control

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Dinner didn’t taste as good as the food made at the castle usually does. I guessed it was because Kevin was still recuperating and couldn’t cook for us. And obviously the other three had no clue how to.

“What is this sludge”, Soohyun yelled cautiously examining his plate of food, if you want to call it that. “It’s food”, Kiseop replied defensively. “Not to seem rude Kiseop oppa, but this is not food, let alone edible.” Kiseop pouted. “Well Kevin always does the cooking and with him not able to, we’ll just have to make do. You think you can do better?” I smirked. “I know I can do better. I used to cook all the time at home.” So with a few cooking utensils in hand, I managed to make a perfect meal, or at least a more edible one.

“This is so good!!”, Hoon exclaimed. “What is it”, Soohyun questioned. “It’s a rare dish called salad”, I said snickering. The boys seemed to notice my giggles. “What are you laughing about? Wait, you didn’t poison this did you”, Kiseop asked. “No it’s not that. It’s just it’s not really that rare, well at least not in the mortal world. Is it alright?” They all nodded.

After dinner, Hoon volunteered to do the dishes and that’s when I remembered I had an “appointment” with Soohyun in the library. I guess it would’ve been smart to ask him where the heck it was. “It’s at the end of the hallway in the left wing of the castle”, Hoon said suddenly, passing me on his way to his room, most likely. “Yah, stay out my thoughts, pabo. But thanks”, I thought. He turned around and smiled before turning back around and walking away.

Just like Hoon said, I opened the door at the end of the hallway located in the left wing and sure enough, it was the library. It was smaller than Alexander’s, but still impressive. Soohyun was sitting in one of the leather sofas while Belle lay by the fireplace. What was it with leather furniture in medieval styled libraries? A bit cliché if you ask me.

I took a seat next to Soohyun. “The first rule in emotion control is to be completely calm and relaxed. Usually only beginners have to do this. Once you get the hang of it, it’ll become easier.” I fully relaxed all my muscles and became completely calm. “Okay now that you’re calm, concentrate on my face.” I turned to look into Soohyun’s eyes. I never noticed before, but they were very beautiful. Not a milk chocolate color like Hoon’s, but they were more a hazel color with a small tint of yellow; truly entrancing. “Alright good. Now concentrate on a single emotion. Feel that emotion and let it flow through your body. I want you to emanate that emotion to me so that I feel it as well. Remember, keep calm, keep your breathing even, and concentrate.” I nodded slightly and chose an emotion.

I focused only on that one emotion, letting the power of it take over my entire body. I could begin to feel a spark of power flow through my body. I couldn’t believe that it’s actually working. I could feel the power begin to flow out of me and into Soohyun. Before I had any chance to react, Soohyun crashed his lips against mine. I was too stunned to do anything. I pushed him back and looked at him with wide eyes.

“What was that”, I asked utterly shocked. “Uh, the emotion you made me feel was passion, wasn’t it?” I shook my head. “No, I projected happiness.” “Hmm, uhh, well, sometimes the emotional wavelengths get mixed up. You’re still a beginner”, Soohyun stuttered. “Uh, right. That’s probably what happened.” “Heh, yeah. So how ‘bout we call it quits for the night and get some sleep. I’m kind of tired”, he said, getting up to leave. I was still speechless. “Goodnight Autumn”, he said finally before closing the library door.

“Well that was just weird. I wonder if what he said is really true or if he actually wanted to kiss me; probably the first one. Yeah, let’s just go with that one and call it a night.”