Cheer Up!

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

After the surprise visit with Eli, I finally had a chance to dissect what was going on right now. So I had to prove to one of the sides that I belonged with them. How in the hell am I supposed to do that? I mean I know that I have to go through some kind of trials, but what I had to do in these trials, I didn’t have a clue. It felt as if these were some kind of life lessons and if I didn’t learn them, I’d be screwed. Ugh, I didn’t even want to be here.

“I miss my family; my parents, my dogs, and even my older brother”, I said aloud, feeling homesick.

Hoon POV

I could really feel her pain as I read her mind. Autumn misses her family. Maybe we should plan something for her to make her feel at home or at least more comfortable here.

“Hyung, what are you thinking about”, Kevin said sitting next to me on the couch. “I just read Autumn’s mind and she feels homesick. I think we should plan a party for her to make her feel better. What do you think?”

Kevin shot up from his seat in excitement. “Ooh parties!! I’ve always wanted to throw a party!! Let’s do this”, he said loudly, scampering off, who knows where. I just rolled my eyes at my dongsaeng’s overexcitement.

Kevin POV

“Guys!! Guys, come here quick”, I yelled, running down the hallways trying to get my brothers’ attention.” “Yah Kevin-ah, I was trying to sleep”, Soohyun grumbled. “What are you so excited about”, Kiseop inquired standing next to me. “Autumn’s feeling homesick so we’re going to throw her a party!! So fun!!” Kiseop and Soohyun exchanged confused glances at each other.

“How do you know this…let me guess Hoon”, our leader asked. I nodded. “I think someone has a little crush on her”, Kiseop taunted, wiggling his eyebrows as Hoon walked in. We snickered under our breath. “Yah, I heard and read that!! I do not have a crush on Autumn, I’m just being--polite, that’s all.” “Suuurreee, whatever you say Hoon”, Kiseop replied.

Hoon was walking away towards the door. “Where are you going”, I questioned. “No...where”, he stuttered. “I may not be able to read minds, but I’d say from your blushed cheeks, you’re going to see Autumn”, Kiseop said smirking. “I’m not blushing, Soohyun hyung just made me feel embarrassed.” “I didn’t make you feel anything. You’re blushing all by yourself”, Soohyun stated.

Hoon’s face got 10 times brighter and I finally lost it. I burst out laughing, making Kiseop start as well. “Yah, don’t laugh at me”, Hoon yelled angrily and just like that, our laughter stopped. We’ve never seen him angry before and it was a bit scary. He finally turned around and walked out the door, spreading out his vast wings as soon as he was outside.

“Ooh, we really made hyung mad”, I said. Soohyun and Kiseop shrugged. “He’ll get over it. If he won’t I’ll just make him happy”, Soohyun explained. “Enough emotion talk, Time to plan a party”, Kiseop exclaimed.

Hoon POV

Pssh, what do they know? I was not blushing!! I don’t blush or feel embarrassed ever!! Whatever, they can think what they want. I didn’t know why, but I found myself flying over to the cottage where Autumn was currently living in. I landed softly on the ground, next to a window. I was about to walk towards the front door when something behind that window caught my eye. I peeked in and saw Autumn sitting on the floor, curled up. Her head was between her knees and her body shook. I watched a little longer to see what was going on and when she finally lifted her head, her eyes were puffy and big tears were rolling down her chin.

I ran to the door and flung it open. She looked at me in surprise. I ran up to her and cradled her in my arms. Even if I didn’t know why she was crying, I never wanted to see her heart broken again. As I hugged her tight, I peered into her thoughts. “I don’t know why you’re hugging me, but I never want you to let me go.” From hearing this, I grinned from ear to ear.

Autumn POV

As I sat on the living room floor crying, Hoon burst through the door, ran up to where I was sitting, and embraced me in a warm hug. It was completely unexpected, yet it was the greatest feeling in the world. “I don’t know why you’re hugging me, but I never want you to let me go”, I thought, hoping he’d read my mind. He must’ve because I could feel him smiling against my hair.

He sat me in his lap and wiped my tears with his thumb. “Why are you crying? Is it because you miss your family”, he asked worriedly. “How did you…oh right; mind reader. I’m still getting used to that.” He smirked. “I know you miss them, but don’t worry. Alexander is doing everything in his power to figure out a way to get you home.” As I could feel myself start to tear up again, Hoon grabbed my chin gently, forcing me to look into his eyes. “You’ll see them again. I’ll make sure of it”, he said calmly, yet with a hint of assertion.

At this moment, with our faces only mere inches apart, I wanted so badly to kiss him. Is it against some kind of universal or immortal law to kiss an angel? I really hoped not. Oh wait, . He can read my thoughts, which means he read this and is probably laughing to himself right now.

Hoon POV

She wanted to kiss me?! I thought it was funny that she thinks it’s against some law to kiss an angel. It’s not, as far as I know. And to be truthful, I really want to kiss her too. Making the first move, I leaned my head towards hers and closed my eyes.

Autumn POV

He’s leaning his head towards mine!! Is this really happening?! I must be dreaming. Well, if this is a dream, I never want to wake up from it. I started to close my eyes as our lips met softly. I parted my lips slightly as his own moved against them. His lips were so soft and his breath smelled so good. I could feel my tears sliding down my cheeks and into our mouths, mixing their salty taste with our saliva. As we kissed, he still held me in his lap, his hands supporting my lower back. I moved my arms up to his neck, draping them down his shoulders. I could feel the slits in his shirt where his wings would come out of. My fingers found their way up to his silky soft hair and entwined themselves in it.

When we finally parted minutes later, we both were blushing and breathing hard. He rested his forehead against mine, kissing my upper lip. “I don’t ever want to see you upset”, he said. It wasn’t an order, more of a concern. He got up and before he was about to walk out the door, he turned and said, “Oh before I forget, the other angels and I are throwing a little “cheer up” party for you tonight so one of us will be here to pick you up.” Then he left.