An Interesting Discovery

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

It was just like any other day in Neverland. The fallen angels were out causing trouble and the angels were going around fixing what they caused, while Prince Alexander was observing it all from his castle, shaking his head in disapproval. Nothing out of the ordinary, except that there was, but at the time, all seemed fine. Little did we know that there was a trespasser in our once peaceful land.

Far off in the outskirts of Neverland, a small portal was opened, bringing along with it, a human girl. No human before her has gotten through the mystical barriers that protect Neverland from the mortal world. There are many reasons why humans are not allowed, but those will be explained later on.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Dongho and I’m a changeling. What’s a changeling you ask? Well, we’re the offspring of faeries who are swapped with human infants. Although instead of being traded, I found myself here in Neverland. Prince Alexander was kind enough to take me in and raise me as his own child.

Now where were we? Ah, yes, the human girl. During the evenings, I usually take a walk around the castle. As I was out on my walk, I spotted a small flash of light coming from the sky. Being childlike in nature, I was curious and decided to check it out. What I didn’t realize at the time was that it was a portal that had opened on the boundaries between Neverland and well, Prince Alexander never spoke of what lied past here so we’ll just call it an unknown territory.

Anyway, when I arrived at this ‘unknown territory’, I no longer could see where the light from the sky had come from. Instead, I discovered a lone figure, lying motionless on the ground. Curious as to what I had found, I grabbed a stick and started to poke it, causing it to stir. As I got closer, I could see it was the figure of a girl. Sensing my presence, she quickly got up and grabbed the nearest thing she could find, holding it out to defend herself. I tilted my head to the side and stared at her with curiosity.

“Who are you”, she asked with a frightened tone.

Cautiously I spoke. “I’m Dongho. Who are you?”

“I’m Autumn”, she replied slowly. Noticing her new surroundings, she looked around confused. “Where am I”, she asked nervously.

“Right now, you’re in what is known as an unknown territory, but basically you’re in a place called Neverland.”

“Neverland!? You mean like the place where Peter Pan and Tinker Bell live?”

“Uh, no. Neverland is not the home of a guy who wears leotards and a fairy who dies if children don’t believe in her. Neverland is the home of the great and powerful immortals known as U-Kiss, whom I happen to be a part of.”

She looked at me with one eyebrow raised. “Powerful immortals? You don’t look all that powerful to me. You’re just a kid. Heck, you’re probably even younger than I am.”

“Here yes, I probably am younger than you, but in your world, I’m approximately 200 years old.”

Her eyes became as wide as saucers and gaped wide open. “There is no way you’re that old.” “Believe what you want”, I said shrugging my shoulders.

“So if you’re not human, then what are you?” “I’m a changeling”, I replied.

She sat down on a nearby stump and held her head in her hands. “This is a lot to take in.”

“Yeah, that’s one of the reasons why humans aren’t allowed here. You humans are very small minded.  They only believe in what they can read about or physically see and touch.”

“Hey, I’m not small minded!! I believe you, but it’s just hard to process all at once.”

Just then, I heard Prince Alexander’s voice in my head. “Where are you?! It’s getting late and it’s way past your curfew. Don’t make me come looking for you.” He was definitely not joking.

“I don’t know why or how you got here, but I know someone who will so you have to come with me.”

“What?! I’m not going anywhere with you.” “Look don’t make this hard. Either you willingly go, or I’ll forcefully make you go.” “Well you just go right ahead because I’m not--Hey!! Let go of me”, she protested.

She wasn’t going willingly, so using my superior strength, I picked her up using one arm and draped her over my shoulder like a curtain. She was using all of her pitiful human strength to hit my back. I just chuckled at her failed attempt. With her in tow, I ran back to Prince Alexander’s castle.