chapter nine.

Dream Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw2ZFwa1Xrg


It was raining. You heard faint barking of a dog. Your eyes could barely open and you were soaking wet. Your whole body was sore, everytime you move, it made your body hurt more. You lie there on the cold, wet concrete, as raindrops fell on your face, joining with your tears as they rolled down your face.
"Aish, this girl," you heard a guys voice. You couldn't reconize it under the ran and thunder, but you knew that his words were said with harsh. A jacket was wrapped around you, rain stopped dropping down on your face. The guy put the umbrella down, and carried you, bridal style. You twitched from the pain when he touched you. The guy walked down the street with you in his arms. You tried to open your eyes. Everything looked blurry. "Stop moving, it'll hurt even more. I'll get you home, don't worry," he told.


You woke up in your room. But instead of being in your corner, you were on a bed. You slowly looked around and realized that you were on Baekhyun's bed. *How'd I get here?* You looked up and saw Baekhyun sitting in a chair beside the bed, reading a magizine. He looked up from the magizine with soft eyes. "You're awake," he said, tonelessly. "I called Chanyeol. He'll be here any moment."

"How'd.. How'd I get here?" you mumbled.
"Why?" he asked in a cold voice.
"I just wanted to know--"
"I'm not asking about why you want to know how you got here. I'm asking about why did you leave?" he asked harshly.

You were silent for a while. "You didn't want me around... So I left..."
"I never said I didn't want you around." You gazed at him, confused. "I said that you annoy me," he said, glaring, but in a worried way, at you.

You were silent. You knew that if you complained with him, he would win.
He sighed in frustration. "You're lucky that Aesook went with you. If she didn't, who knows what would've happened to you."
You looked at him. "Why are you suddenly caring about me?" He was silent this time. You waited for his response.

"I'm not that kind of cold person who doesn't give a crap about the world. I can care, I can love. But I refuse to do those things. I don't want to be happy. I was never happy. Nor will I ever be happy," he said, softly. You gazed at him. You didn't know he felt like that.

The room was filled with silence. You nor Baekhyun talked.
The front door slammed. "HYEMI!" Chanyeol called from downstairs. He ran up the stairs, barging into your room. "HYEMI!" he said once more, running up to your bedside. "Hyemi, you okay?"

"She has a few bruises and scars. Other than that, she's fine," Baekhyun answered for you.
Chanyeol looked up at his hyung and gave him a smile. "Thanks for taking care of her, hyung." He turned back to you. "Hyemi, why don't you go change while I go heat up some soup that I bought? After that, you can rest," he said.

You looked up to look at Baekhyun, but he was gone. You sighed and looked at Chanyeol. "Yeollie, I'm fine. It's not like have a flu or some sort."
"Yeah, not a flu nor a fever, but you're hurt! You have bruises and scars! Hyemi! Who did this to you? I'll pound their face off for you!"
You shook your head. "Fighting's not a way to solve a problem, Yeollie. Just, forget this all happened okay?" Chanyeol frowned. "If I eat the soup, will that make you feel better?" you asked. Chanyeol sighed and finally accepted it.


You and Chanyeol both sat at the kitchen table. Chanyeol watched you eat the soup. He wouldn't go away until you had finished the soup.
Instead of sitting there in silence, you talked. "Yeollie," you said.
He looked at you. "Yes?"
You hesitated. "Do you know why... Baekhyun is always so grumpy and cold?" you asked.

He nodded. "I've known him long enough to know why..."
"Then, why is he?" you asked.
He hesitated as he tried to answer. At last, he sighed. "His mom left him when he was just a baby. His dad and grandparents died in a car crash, he was the only one who survived. And he was adopted by the worst parents that you could know of. The only people he actually cares about is his friends. Even though he seems mean, but he can be a really careful and joyful guy. He doesn't smile or laugh a lot, nor does he show much emotions, but he's really nice once you get to know him."

"Has he ever smiled?" you asked.
"A couple... He used to smile a lot around his ex, Hyuna."
Your eyes widen. "H-Hyuna?!" Chanyeol nodded. "Is there anything that makes him smile?"

Chanyeol thought about it. "I rarely see him smile. But all I know is that he smiles a lot when he's with close ones. He used to smile at cute things that people do... And aeygos. He smiles when Hyuna used to call him oppa. And he did used to have a dog once... He was really happy until he ran away." Silence. "He's a very sensitive person than you think. He looks like a strong person, but underneath all that, is full of sensitivity." He gently smiled and looked at your bowl of soup. "A-are you finished?" You nodded. "I'll clean up then. Why don't you go upstairs and rest." You sighed and nodded, walking up the stairs.

*I never knew that Baekhyun's life was.. Almost like.. Mine. But more... Tragic.* You sighed before entering your room. *From now on, I shall try to make Mr. Grumpy Bacon smile!* You smiled at that thought and walked into your room. Baekhyun was there, reading the magazine.

"You can sleep in my bed tonight," he said, without looking up from the magazine.
You blinked. "But where are you going to sleep?" He glanced at your corner, you followed his gaze. "No, I can't let you sleep there!"
"If you sleep there, your body will ach as much as it does today. If you sleep on my bed, you'll feel better." You shook your head in disapproval. Baekhyun sighed. "You asked for it." You blinked in confusion. Baekhyun bent down and grabbed your legs as you fall into his other hand. He walked over to his bed and laid you there. "Now rest," he said and walked out the room, closing the door.

You sighed. *What's with him? At least he didn't slam the door...* Few seconds later, Chanyeol's door was slammed shut. And you heard yelling. You snickered. *Oh, spoke too soon.*


3rd update!!! 8DDD <3 .. Guess who's thinking of doing another update today? ;DD LOL
Careless, careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous.
Heartless, mindless. Nobody care about me~ <3