Chapter 19

Childhood love

“Jae… Jaejoong” Yunho continued searching among the crowd of students. The moon lightens the entire place and students started to desert the place.

Yunho found himself with a few staff who were clearing the place.

‘The room’ he thought was the ony place he did not search.

   “Jae are you in there?” silence was the only answer to this question. He slowly approach the bed and sat on it he look down in a defeated manner.

 Tick-tock, tick-tock was the only sound in the room which further made him worried about his situation regarding Jaejoong and the night as slowly turning into another day and yet no sign of Jaejoong was in sight.

In the early hours of the day the sound of someone closing the door was heard which immediately woke Yunho up.

“Jae where were you I was worried”

“I needed to think and the only possible way was to be away from you”

“Was thinking the only thing you did because you and Hyunjoong has been out all night Yunho immediately felt a burning feeling on his cheeks. He could not believe that Jaejoong slap him.

Jaejoong stood still in shock never had he lost control of his temper. He always believe that violence is not the solution to a problem. He looks at his hand which was still red due to the impact. Yunho could clearly see the unshed tears in jaejoong eyes.

  “I’m sorry” left Jaejoong mouth as he slowly approach Yunho to examine the damage done by him. He barely touched Yunho to smooth the pain when Yunho slaps his hand away.

“Yunho” said Jaejoong sadly.

“Jaejoong, why are you saying sorry… clearly I was out of the line rightnow. I should not have said something as ridiculous as  Hyunjoong and you having a relationship beside friendship”

Jaejoong stood still listening to Yunho in tears.

“Why Yunho”

Yunho knew what that meant. He knew that one single word meant a story in its own. He knew clearly what was being asked.

“Jae, I promise it’s not what it look like”

“Please clarify the misunderstanding because all i did last night was thinking of all type of scenarios you breaking up with me, you cheating on me, me being the third-wheel or even perhaps I never meant a thing to you” plead Jaejoong.

“You mean everything to me Jae. I need you near me and i will never turn my back on you again i did that once and that was exactly like having winter every day without any source of warm to look forward to. I was only telling her we can’t be together, that i love you when she kissed me. It took me by surprised. I was pushing her back when you came. Jae i love you Please don’t be angry with me”

“Fine, I believe you. However such an ‘event’ or ‘situation’ should not happen again.” Said jaejoong as he smile.

 “It won’t”

“Let’s get ready we’ll be leaving today”

 -----------------

“I hope nobody forgot anything” announced the teacher.

“Yes madam”

“Good, let’s go sir” address the teacher respectfully to the old driver.

“Hmm” nodded he driver as he started the bus and the students was either talking among themselves or looking at the environment as the bus passed by.

“Jae, is everything fine. You didn’t said a word since we step in the bus”

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I was just thinking about something”

“It’s about Yunho, right”

“H-How did you know?”

“Just a guess”

“I think i made a mistake”

“About what”

“About everything”

“So you are having second thoughts”

“I feel like i’m destroying Yunho relationship. Like i’m holding upon a thread that is slowly slipping away from my hand and i can lose it anytime. I’m afraid”

“Jae, I know you are having mixed feelings but all know is that Jessica seems like bad news”

“What do you mean?”

“She did not agree to break up with Yunho”

“That’s going to be a tough journey ahead and I can’t know if I’m strong enough”

“I’ll be standing by your side Jae. You are not alone” said Hyunjoong as Jaejoong rest his head on Hyunjoong shoulder.

Days passed by, Students found themselves in the daily routine of Homeworks, exams and enjoying time with their friends.

Jaejoong started to notice some changes in Yunho behavior. He seemed more distance and they haven’t even spent time together since they got back. It’s like being back to square one only this time he does not know the reason of this ‘fight’ or sudden distance in their relationship. The excuse of having to practice for the upcoming basketball finals seem so overused that jaejoong was starting to feel that Yunho was purposefully avoiding him.

Every time he thought about a reason as to why Yunho was avoiding him, he landed with only one answer- Break-up. He feared that.

Moreover, the way that Yunho has been behaving around Jessica further worries hm. Surely Yunho told him that he will end things with Jessica but that has not been the case up until now.

He stared into the distance just in time to see Yunho score for his team Had Yunho not ask him or more like drag him to come see the practice he would have avoided the stadium just like every other day. He didn’t, no; he would not want to miss a chance of being near Yunho. Although his definition of being near differ greatly he would still like to look at Yunho playing that not seeing him at all.

“Five minutes break” announced the coach and every player went towards a bench where water bottles and towels were placed.

Jaejoong followed every movement of yunho and saw how Yunho looks around the benches to search for him and once found him; he rapidly started to make his way towards him. Maybe… just maybe all hopes is not lost for him thought Jaejoong.

“Sorry i forced you to be here Jae”

“It’s ok, it’s my first time watching practice and i’m quite enjoying it although i’m a bit lost”

“Would you be here for the game on Friday?”

“Of course, you’ll be playing i won’t miss it”

“See you on Friday then”

“Yes, i’ll ahead home it’s getting late”

“Bye jae” Jaejoong wanted to ask Yunho what did he did wrong, Why this cold war, this distance. He started to doubt things whole things going on between them it’s like only him trying. He was starting to get tired of this push and pull game. Yet, he did not feel like letting go of the little hope that Yunho will return his love.

  The day for the basketball finals Jaejoong was really excited although he attended the finals before but today was special Yunho himself asked him if he was going to be there.

The game started and every students was shouting to support their team even hyunjoong was shouting which surprised Jaejoong as Hyunjoong was quite reluctant to come to the game guess it’s the game fever.

The game was soon coming to its end and the school team ended one more score to be proclaim the winners one of the players got the ball seeing he had no opening he pass the ball to Yunho who score just in time before the end of the game was mark by the whistle sound. Every student supporting the school team was celebrating the victory by hugging their friends and the extra players run on the pitch to have a group hug with the players. Both coach shake hands to mark peace between them and the players soon followed so.

Every players when to change and Jaejoong waited for Yunho and by the time Yunho came out every students already when home leaving Jaejoong and Yunho in the stadium.

“I was looking forward to see you”

“Congratulations”

“Thanks Jae I need to talk to you”

“Sure”

“Okay, I’ll say it clearly we can’t be together anymore”

“Why?”

“It best if we are not together I’ll end up hurting you”

“You are hurting me right now”

“Please Jaejoong don’t be any harder for me goodbye” Jaejoong could only watch him walk away. He felt week as if he lost all his strength and feel on his knees.

Only one thought was on his mind his can’t be happening. He knew something was off but he also thought they could work it out together.

Someone knelt in front of him but with the tears he could not figure out who it was. By the way the person was held him in his arms he knew it was Hyunjoong.

“I was stupid to let him in Hyunjoong. I should have known there was no way this thing could have work out. I was an idiot in love and could not see beyond and the road ahead wasn’t leading anywhere” said Jaejoong was he yank the necklace that was a present from Yunho during the first year of high school. The skin burned from where the chain of the necklace had roughly rubbed across when it yanked off.

“Jae please stop crying. I’ll take you home” said Hyunjoong as he help Jaejoong to stand up he could feel Jaejoong clinging to him. That night Jaejoong wished all this was just a nightmare and he would wake up the next day and everything was back to normal.

Yunho pov (before break up)

All I could think of was how to tell Jaejoong the awful news. I walk slowly among my teammates to get change. The restroom was noisy as the players made plans of how to celebrate yet another victory on their part.

I made sure I was the last person to left the room and walk back into the stadium where I know Jaejoong would be waiting for me. Despite knowing of the beautiful plans that he could be having in mind I know I would be hurting him, maybe even break him up to a point I doubt be he would be the same person of that.

I hated myself at that very moment. I wish I could hold him just another time in my arms and tell him of my endless love for him. But I knew far too well that she is having someone reporting mine very movement to her. My meeting with Jaejoong would undeniably be known to her and I wouldn’t be able to protect my Jaejoong. My jaejoong… I’ll would no longer have the right to call him that.  

Standing in the blind spot from which Jaejoong could not see me I wanted to look at him; to remember every figure of his face, the way he look adorably cute when he bite his lips, the way he could play with his figure when he is nervous. My eyes started to get moist and very soon after tear drops started to fall. I hated to be so week, so unable to protect jaejoong. If being apart meant his safety so be it. I would give my life to protect his.

I made my way towards Jaejoong I didn’t blink I wanted to watch him, to remember every possible thing about him.

“I was looking forward to see you”. I wanted him to be at the match today to be my support but he is more that than to me.

“Congratulations” when he said those words I wanted to hug him, to feel him in my arms.

“Thanks Jae I need to talk to you” I had to do it

“Sure” I wanted him to say not just this time

“Okay, I’ll say it clearly we can’t be together anymore” I wished I died on the spot.

“Why?” this question broke my heart. How could I tell him that Jessica threaten to have him run over by a car without anyone suspecting not to be an accident.

“It best if we are not together I’ll end up hurting you” Saying this was breaking my heart. I was feeling as if my life was coming to its end but I had to be strong and straighten out this situation.

“You are hurting me right now” I wanted to take back my words tell him everything I said was a lie but I couldn’t

“Please Jaejoong don’t be any harder for me goodbye” I wanted to run away from seeing him broken. Away from seeing how much he was hurting because of my selfish decisions.

I have to prevent him from every potential danger As much I wanted to think it was a joke I knew it was true. How? Being the daughter of one of the shareholders in the Jung cops I knew the accident was something that could happen in the future. I have some people digging information about anything that could be use against her but In vain.   

So for now it’s best to let go although I now I’m being play in the palm of her hands just the way she wanted it. I’ll endure all of it and find a way out, it just a matter of time for my men to find some kind of mistake done by her.

____________

sorry for late update. Enjoy :)