The Transformation

My World "Lies"

 

Note from author:

Hello guys! This chapter, I am going to introduce Faith’s two other lives. Hope you guys will enjoy this chapter, and please leave comments if you have somewhere you feel confused or if you have some comments.

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

Sam-Jjang: means “Third Jjang”, it means the third best fighter in the school.

Sii-Jjang: means “Fourth Jjang”, it means the fourth best fighter in the school

Hyung-nim: Respectful way of calling someone in the higher level than them and in my case, I use it to call the gang leaders.

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 4 Recap:

“Oh? About the guy that betrayed us? So what are you going to do with it?” Jun Hyung asks me curiously, without glancing away from the road. We are now entering the expensive zone of Seoul, driving toward the largest house in the district.

 

*Chuckle*

“Let’s just say that it’s going to be a colorful night.” I answer with a sly smile and take off my glasses then release my black glossy hair from a black fluffy hair band which I use to tie my hair half up every day for school as we drive through the gate of the mansion of the richest man in Asia.

 

Oh, who is my dad.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Welcome home Young Master Jun and Miss Jay!” Mr. Park, our butler, exclaims when he opens my door.

 

Immediately, I put on an elegant smile and step gracefully out of the car and take Mr. Park’s hand. Right away, the maids and servants form into 2 rows and bow to us as Jun Hyung and I walk up the stairs that lead us to our house.

 

(Picture of House: http://luxuryresorthotel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mansion-mgm-grand.jpg)

 

“Mr. Park, have my father left any words for me when he left today to America?” I ask Mr. Park in a polite tone as we walk into the lobby and up the stairs to the second floor.

 

“Miss Jay, your father told me to tell you to ‘dispose all the trashes’ before he comes back.” Mr. Park answers in a calm tone.

 

‘Dispose all the trashes’ what a fancy way to say ‘kill all those who are worthless to you’ dad. I wonder if I am ever one of those ‘trashes’ you want to dispose? I thought bitterly to myself.

 

*Cough*

“Miss, your….uh….brother, Master Joong, also left a word with you before he left for work today.” Mr. Park says anxiously.

 

I stumble for a second and lose my steps but quickly regain my composure. Beside me, I feel Baby Jun halt for a second and quickly chases up with us.

 

I keep up my collected smile and nod at Mr. Park to continue.

 

*A-hem*

“Your brother told me to tell you once you get home that he will be expecting to eat dinner with you today when he gets back from work, he has something to talk with you.” Mr. Park says nervously. Everyone in this mansion knows the so-called “war” between my oldest brother and me. We, the siblings are divided into sides, the side with my eldest brother and father, and the side with me. Because of that, whenever I’m with my eldest brother, there is tension in the air.

 

I smile generously at Mr. Park and say:

“Unfortunately, I have an appointment with my friends this evening. Please kindly inform my brother that I am devastated that I couldn’t enjoy a fine dinner with him. It’s such a pity, really.” The sarcasm thick in my voice and I can hear Baby Jun snort beside me.

 

Hyung is going to be really pissed off when he hears that He sneers in my mind.

 

Oh please do shut up =] And he won’t be, because I’m cleaning out the trashes like father ordered me to, so he can’t be mad at me. I shot back in Jun Hyung’s head.

 

Whatever you say sis, I’m going to my room first. Ma probably wants me with him tonight. He enjoys torturing me every night with his problems.

 

I turn to Mr. Park. He seem to be sweating a bit because of the conversation we had earlier.

 

“Mr. Park, thank you for your work. Please, take an early leave today, I heard that it’s your 10th anniversary with your wife. Mrs. Park would want you home early or else she will blame me the next time she sees me.” I say jokingly with a smile.

 

Mr. Park hesitantly smiles at me and bows graciously before he leaves for the night.

 

I watch until he turns into the corner before losing my graceful smile and shuffle to my room in a hurry.

 

“Damn, I thought he will never leave.” I mumble to myself as I open my door to my huge bedroom.

 

(Picture of Bedroom: http://www.homeideasdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Beautiful-Bedroom-in-Luxury-and-Classic-Theme-02.jpg)

 

I check the time as I throw my bag on the sofa. 5:40 pm.

Good, that means I still have an hour and 20 minutes before meeting up with the boys.

 

Quickly, I make my way to my walk-in closet and shut the door behind me.

 

(Walk-In Closet: http://www.dpdoor.com/images/closets/fancy-walk-in-closet.jpg)

 

Once I’m inside, I walk up to the book shelf directly in front of me and pull 3 random books out in order. Immediately, my room starts to change its form, walls are being turn inside out, tables revert into the wall and new tables come out, closets turn 180 degrees and the back is facing us with new clothes on it.

 

(New Walk-In Closet: http://www.waldronareachamber.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/walk-in-closet-design.jpg)

 

This closet is W’s closet, the last side of me. W, the Ice Prince and the leader of the most vicious gang in Seoul is actually me in disguise as a boy. I straighten up and walk around the room looking for an outfit to wear. The room is covered in weapons, baseball bats, jackets, hoodies, guys’ jeans, gloves, shoes, and everything that a (guy) gang member needs. Carefully, I pick a black hoodies from the shelf and a black jean, along with a black basketball shoe with red flames at the bottom. I strip off my school uniform and wear a chest binder that makes my chest look like a boy’s and wear the rest of my clothes.

 

Then, I tie my straight black hair up and braid all of them leaving my bangs alone.

 

(Hairstyle Like This BUT WITH BANGS AND MY HAIR IS STRAIGHT: http://www.iknowhair.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/f8d63_8c467_black-hairstyles.jpg)

 

Next, I walk over to the other side of the closet and open a drawer, inside are a bunch of fighting gloves and knuckle dusters. I pick 2 of my best ones since tonight there is going to be some actions.

 

(Fighting Gloves: http://www.ufchome.com/wp-content/uploads/official%20ufc%20fight%20gloves.jpg)

 

(Knuckle Dusters: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zaMIxtmf1kA/THL5ZQV0glI/AAAAAAAABes/ha55_dE4eDM/s1600/Love+Hate+brass+knuckles+knuckle+duster+homemade+weaponcollector+(7).JPG)

 

I pull on my gloves but left my knuckle dusters in my pack pocket, I only use them in emergencies because I don’t like them.

 

They are deadly, especially if I use my full power with them.

 

Lastly, I pull open the next drawer and inside are about 20 bandana face masks. I randomly grab a black one with a red scorpion sewed on it and tie it to me wrist.

 

*Smirk*

I walk confidently over to the wall mirror and stare at my reflection. A boy with dark hoodies, killer gloves, kick shoes and cool hairstyle stare back at me. Everything about him screams DANGEROUS, HOT, BAD , and DARK. I draw my hoodies over my head and now my face is half buried in shadow. It only increases the effects of my BAD look. I check the time 6:20 pm, just on time.

 

It’s amazing how I could turn into a totally different person in just merely 40 minutes. But that also means that I lose my identity more easily.

 

I stare into the eyes of my reflection, all I could see are coldness, danger and hardship in the boy’s eyes. There is no sympathy in his eyes, only merciless gaze. I sneer a little, somehow it only make me look more dangerous. W mode is all out now. There are no more traces of Jay or Faith in this final appearance.

 

(Final Appearance, CLOSE TO THE ONE IM DESCRIBING: http://cdn4.lookbook.nu/files/looks/small/134543_DSC_0705_split.jpg?1234515450)

 

I walk to the Sakura painting on the wall and punch 3 different parts. The room instantly changes back to its original state and I walk out of the closet. It’s 6:30 pm, I still have half an hour to get to the base.

 

Swiftly, I grab my ipod, wallet, and phone on my couch and stuff them in my back pocket.

 

“M! Where are you? My baby sister~~” calls a voice sounding faraway.

 

*Sigh*

Here it goes…

 

The door burst open and a tall, handsome, charismatic guy wearing a leather jacket runs in and pulls me in a bear hug.

 

“How’s my baby girl doing?” the guy cries.

 

*Sigh*

“Jungmin hyung, let go of me. I am going to be late.” I utter exasperatedly.

 

Min hyung lets go of me and smirks.

 

“If I didn’t know better I could think that I am hugging our nonexistent boy sibling.” Jungmin ruffles my well tidied hair.

 

“YOU-“ I start to say.

 

Just then, my door burst open again. This time a stylish, gangster, cool, UN-babyish Hyunjun walks in and pulls Jungmin off me. Erasing my chance to pummel Min hyung for messing up my hair.

 

“YOU HORSE! You made me wait for you for 1 hr but the first thing you do when you get back was to come find M? You totally utterly ignored me???” Jun Hyung yells at Jungmin.

 

Jungmin hyung only looks bored and yawns.

“You are not important Hyunjun, you should be glad that I even made you my lieutenant in the Pack.” Jungmin mocks Jun hyung.

 

“YAH! You know that the only reason why you made me your second is because you need me!” Baby Jun sneers at Jungmin.

 

“Hah, don’t flatter yourself, I only made you my second because you are going to take over my position soon.” Min hyung argues back.

 

I am getting sick of their cat and mouse fights.

 

Do they ever get sick of this? It’s basically like this every day…

 

STOP! I yell in their minds.

 

Both of them freeze in their position, cutting off any words they are going to say.

 

I glare at both of them and in less than a second, I am already out of my door walking down the corridor. Now is the time for the maids to have dinner in another section of the house, so I don’t have to worry about anyone seeing me in W mode.

 

“Wait M, are you going to finish the business today?” Min hyung yells from my room.

 

You don’t have to yell, I can still hear you, you know…

 

“Yeah, the boys found out where Goo Jum is hiding, I’m going now to take care of him.” I respond back. I didn’t bother to raise my voice because I know that Min can hear me because of his super hearing. Everyone in my family has insanely high ESP, because we are the Guardians of the Phantoms (I mentioned in the first chapter). Which means that our ESP is always in every part of our body making us super humans, like extremely strong and fast, along with super hearings, seeing, strength etc.

 

Jung min is my fourth oldest brother. He is currently studying in Seoul University and is the leader of all the college gangs, his job is to recruit unauthorized or free Paranormal Beings that isn’t bound to my father yet and add them to the Paranormal Empire (I’ll explain more about the Empire later on in the story). Being the leader of all the college gangs gives him the advantage of being the first one to get all the newest news, since college gangs are everywhere thus giving him information from everywhere. Therefore his other job is the Informationist for father. Min hyung is the most cunning/evil brother out of all my brothers and he likes to tease me the most too, but nonetheless, he cares for me a lot.

 

“Wait, we’ll leave with you.” Baby Jun says and in a second, both he and Min hyung are beside me moving superfast to the warehouse behind our mansion.

 

“So what’s new with in Red Fox?” I ask as we arrive at the warehouse. I punch in the codes on the door and a green light flashes on the monitor before the door opens by itself.

 

The warehouse is actually the place where we leave all of our motorcycles and ‘equipments’, such as rifles, shot guns, many iron baseball bats, and metal pipes. I come in the dark warehouse and pull a switch on the side of the door. Straight away, the warehouse lights up and the interior of the house are made from iron. On the walls were lines of ‘equipments’ that might come in handy sometimes, and in the middle are 3 beautifully polished shiny motorcycles with different designs lined up perfectly in a straight line. There are spaces for 3 more motorcycles on the side.

 

“Nothing, we found two newcomers in Konkuk University, and we suspect that they are Phantoms but we aren’t sure yet.” Min hyung answers as he walks toward his black shiny motorcycle with red flames at the bottom and a huge symbol of his gang, The Red Fox, on the front of his bike. Baby Jun follows him and goes to the bike next to Jung min’s that is also black and shiny but his motor only has the symbol of The Red Fox, no red flames. He says that he like to keep things “simple”.

 

*Sneer*

“Daddy will be so pleased. More people to join his little scheme.” I murmur darkly as I make my way toward my own motorcycle. My motor is also black and shiny, but it is much smaller than my hyungs’ and the body is thin and long with the edge of my seat going up. The head of my bike big and fat and on it is the symbol of my gang, The Black Scorpion. My motorcycle is exactly in the shape of a scorpion, it is the sign of me whenever people see it. It’s called the ‘Scorpio’.

 

(Scorpion Motorcycle :http://andyw-inuk.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/R1200GS-BMW-Motorcycle-Photo/The-weird-the-wonderful-and/canjamotobmwr1200sscorpion2/397386661_uRDfy-S-2.jpg)

 

I place my helmet on my head and look at my watch. 6:35 pm.

 

! That means I only have 25 minutes to get to the base.

 

I step on my gas and the back wall of the warehouse disappears, I reverse my bike and zoom out of the warehouse in the matter of seconds. Subconsciously, I know that Min hyung and Baby Jun also left the warehouse after me but I didn’t pause to say good bye to them.

 

Once on the roads, I zigzag between the cars, pass the red lights and speed on the highways. The Scorpio is like a real scorpion, winding between the cars slyly and silently, looking for a prey to fed upon. After 5 minutes a siren wails behind me. I look at my mirror and see 2 police cars flashing red and blue lights behind me.

 

*Smirk*

Pitiful fools, they think that they can catch me.

 

I can sense the mind of the police men in the cars behind me, 2 of them are pissed off because I interrupted their break time and they couldn’t finish their chocolate nut doughnuts.

 

I increase my speed and in two skillful abrupt turns, I shake off the police’s pursue and continue my way.

 

At exactly 7:00 pm, I stop in front of a warehouse in an urban area in Seoul. I take the helmet off my head and pull my hoodie above my head again then walk in the warehouse.

 

Inside are scattered groups of teenage guys, some talking together, some smoking, some playing cards, some having a dance competition and some fighting over some girl. They wear cool clothes and give off a dangerous aura, every one of them have a scorpion bandana tied to their wrist. In the far end of the warehouse, a group of 5 boys are sitting together on a sofa, some are talking and the rest are just drinking patiently waiting for their leader. They are clearly different from the other guys in the room, the dangerous aura they give off is 10x more but apart from that, they also give off an aura that made them total bad-asses and hotties. They are legends in the gangster world.

 

As soon as I enter the warehouse, everyone stops what they are doing and stand up, even the people who are fighting. In the same time, they bow with their heads down and shout “HYUNGNIM!”

 

I nod in response and strike across the warehouse until I reach the 5 boys sitting on the sofa. They are the only ones who didn’t stand up but that’s fine.

 

“Yo Boss! Wassup?” a guy with orange curly hair salutes me with two fingers as I arrive in front of them.

 

“Where is Goo Jum?” I ask in a cold, emotionless tone.

 

“According to our source of information, he is still in hiding from us, but we have people that saw him at Myeongdong today, it seems like he is still there.” a guy with short black answers as he bend over and put his elbows on his knee and crosses his fingers.

 

“Myeongdong? What is that guy thinking? That place is busting with people!” the first guy with the orange hair exclaims in disbelief.

 

“Mir, crazy people are everywhere, but he should have known better.” a guy with mushroom brown hair says while shaking his head disapprovingly.

 

“No Thunder, I think he assumes that Myeongdong is the safest place because although it is busting with people, they are mostly tourists and bored teenagers going to hang out. He wouldn’t think that a member of the Black Scorpion would hang out at a place like that.” a guy with long yellow hair explains.

 

“Whatever it is, we have to get him soon, or else he will disappear on us again.” the guy with the short black hair says again.

 

I consider the situation for a second, why has Goo Jum come out of hiding? Did he think that we give up searching on him? Is this a trap?

 

No, if that was a trap, then he would do something to make us notice him, when our guys that saw him today, it was purely a coincidence. He really thinks that we have given up searching for him huh? Ignorance guy.

 

“When do we leave?” the last guy with short brown hair asks me in a bored tone.

 

“Now.” I command, taking out my knuckle dusters and put them on then stretch my neck.

 

The rest of the guys slowly got up from the sofa and stretch their arms or yawn. I turn around and walk out the door, the other guys follow me.

 

“This is gonna be fun~” Mir says playfully before heading out with the rest of MBLAQ.