The Man Known as Hyunjoong

My World "Lies"

Note from author:

Okayy I promise I will try to update more often! PS please tell me if you guys catch any typos! THANKSS <3

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

Sam-Jjang: means “Third Jjang”, it means the third best fighter in the school.

Sii-Jjang: means “Fourth Jjang”, it means the fourth best fighter in the school

Hyung-nim: Respectful way of calling someone in the higher level than them and in my case, I use it to call the gang leaders.

 

Element Colors:

Fire- Red

Water-Blue

Earth- Green

Air- Purple

Spirit- Silver

 

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

______________________________________________________

Chapter 10 Review:

Timidly I move toward Faith and put my arms around her. At first her body is stiff but then after a second she relaxes and puts her arms aroud me. The whole world seems to have stopped moving there are only the two of us, her within my embrace.

 

I let out a little sigh and feel as content as I ever did for my whole life. But too soon the moment is over and my eyes follow her down the stage. Longings surge in my heart in a way I've never felt before.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Double damn, there’s only one reason why he’s here.

 

“And you are?”

 

“Oh I’m sorry I forgot to introduce myself,” he smiles charmingly, “I am Faith’s eldest brother, Hyunjoong. Nice to meet you”

 

Triple damn.

___________________________________________________________

 

“Faith today was sooo fun. We’ll see you in school!” my classmates say then giggle at my brother before hurrying down the mall to get back home before their curfew.

 

Waving cheerfully I watch them disappear around the corner, then abruptly my facial expression changes and I turn around to face my brother

 

I was hoping I could avoid him for a little longer…

 

“You will not cancel dinner with me again in the future.” My brother says with a deadpan face without even looking at me.

 

“Then why don’t you stop asking me to have dinner with you, saves us both the trouble of seeing each other’s face.” My voice as cold as stone.

 

“M…” Hyunjoong exasperatedly sighs, finally looking at me “If I do not have urgent matters to discuss with you I would not have done that. Now can you stop acting like a kid so we can have some business done?”

 

I smile at him, a bizarrely cold smile that shows promising violence and rage.

 

In response my brother only stares at me with those eyes that I could never read.

 

My brother, Hyunjoong is CEO of the ‘Empire’ trading company that my father owns. In front of the whole world he is the youngest, most successful businessman the world has ever seen. At the age of 24 he graduated with a PHD in finance and marketing at one of the best universities in the world and he succeeded the Empire company at the age of 25. But to everyone in the underworld is he the right-hand man of the Emperor, the loyal dog by his side. While he does not concern himself with Paranormal Empire, he controls the Asian trading market with an iron fist and the only person he ever listens to is my father.

You can say that he is the only one of my siblings that stands in the ‘light’. He only dirties his hands while he carries out orders from father.

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t get along well with him. He is loyal to the Emp. and only the Emp., my only brother that is completely on the other side of the family war.

 

“What do you want?” I grit the words out of my teeth.

 

“Too public, let’s go to that corner.” Hyunjoong says then abruptly turns to walk away without waiting for me.

 

Wordlessly I follow him, not because I’m obliged to but because I don’t wait to spend one more unnecessary second with him. Let’s get this matter over and done with.

 

But little did we know we are being followed…

 

[Seungri’s [POV]

“Hyung, that girl today…” I start the sentence but I have no idea how to finish it. Right now we are in our disguise walking down the mall to get to the parking lot.

 

“You mean that fangirl Faith?” TOP hyung answers, “I don’t know but I don’t feel good about her.”

 

“Yeah me too, I feel that she is nothing but bad news.” GD hyung continues.

 

I frown at what those two are saying.

 

Bad news? Surely they don’t know what they’re talking about

Then comes the sudden desire to defend her.

 

“What bad news? You don’t even know anything about her don’t judge her so rashly.” I say with a displease tone.

 

The members look at each other with raised eyebrows.

 

The maknae has it bad. GD telepaths s except Seungri.

 

I know, but still… there’s something about that girl that makes me uneasy.

 

TOP, I feel that way too. But I just don’t know what. Taeyang responds.

 

Well regardless of anything… I think we did really well tonight! Daesung exclaims happily…

 

Unaware of the members telepathy conversation, I continue my way. Until a figure catches my attention from the corner of my eyes.

 

Isn’t that??

 

Silently I stray from my members and follow the backside of two figures walking timidly to a corner of the mall.

 

[M’s POV]

“So what is it?” I ask as soon as we are alone.

 

“Why are you so mad at me?” Hyunjoong turns and unexpectedly asks me.

 

Why I’m so mad at him? Is he serious?

 

“You know why.” I stare up to him with anguish eyes.

 

“You mean because of what happened with that woman?”

 

I narrow my eyes at him, “Let’s get to the point, what do you want-”

 

“Are you avoiding the conversation?” He interrupts me.

 

Anger flashes in my eyes, “Like the Emperor, you disregard those who you see have no worth for you. She cares for you, you disrespectful bastard and yet you-”

 

“That woman that raised us cares for no one, she is a shameless-”

 

“Watch your mouth,” I snarl dangerously “That woman you speak of is our mother.”

 

“That has no right to be our mother.” Hyunjoong sneers.

 

In a blink of an eye, I have Hyunjoong against the wall with my arm against his throat.

 

“You are the Emperor’s loyal dog after all, vile-”

 

“I remember telling you to call dad ‘father’. So is this the only reason why you are mad at me? Because of what happened with that woman?” He interrupts me without a trance of fear.

 

“Yes, yes. All father cares about is himself; his little game and his ambition. To achieve that he even murdered our mom. He is a despicable, pathetic excuse of a man and yet you side with him, you, who I once trusted with my life. You are no better than dad, you scum.” I finish my sentence in a whisper with contained rage.

 

Hyunjoong’s eyes turn green like some Phantoms can do when they are really angry, “Careful little sister, my temper is not as good as it used to be.”

Do not let Hyunjoong’s appearance fool you, he is part of my family therefore he is one of the strongest Phantom alive today, with unnaturally high ESP.

 

Silver air escapes from my skin, if any Phantom sees us he/she would think that I am surrounded in silver flames.

 

A small muffled gasp tears us from our post-fight. Immediately both me and my brother straighten and try to sense someone other than us on this premise.

 

But the sound of rapid footsteps fades as the presences I sensed for a fracture of second travel further and further away from us.

 

But those presences feel awfully familiar…

 

“Let’s go M, we shouldn’t stay here any longer.” Hyunjoong says as he feels the same thing as me, tension from earlier passes on but never forgotten, only stuffed away as we have a more pressing problem.

Whoever eavesdropped on us has already escaped our radar, and clearly for them to travel this fast they have to be Phantoms.

 

Together we enter the parking lot. Hyunjoong’s motorcycle is parked right next to mine, his is a simple black bike that has shiny surface and a line of silver across the middle.

 

Let’s go home first He says in my mind

 

Alright.

 

I changed my bike back into Scorpio and then we took off into the night street of Seoul.

 

[Seungri’s POV]

 

I follow both of them to a deserted corner as I hide behind the wall to listen to their conversation.

 

I know it’s a stalkish thing to do but I wonder if that guy Faith is with is her boyfriend.

 

“…Emperor, you disregard those… no worth…that woman that raised us…shameless…” I listen intently, trying to make sense of what they are talking about.

 

Suddenly a hand grabs my shoulder, startled I spin around only to see the rest of my members.

 

GD hyung glares at me but I quickly put a finger against my mouth and point to my ears.

 

They seem to catch the clue since they didn’t say anything else and listened with me while peeking from the wall.

 

“…our mother… has no right to be…”

 

Oh so they are siblings…

 

My eyes widen when Faith suddenly shoves the guy against the wall. It isn’t the action that surprised me though, it was the speed of it. From one second to the next, that’s all it took.

 

The rest of the members exchange an equally startled look with each other but theirs have a trace of alarm.

 

“…emperor’s loyal dog…call dad ‘father’…is himself…ambition…even murdered our mom…”

 

WHAT? Their father murdered their mother? Even more confused now I continue to eavesdrop on their conversation.

 

But what happened next surprised me even more.

As I am watching, Faith’s brother’s eyes turn green which has nothing to do with contact lenses, they just abruptly turned green. And then as if that isn’t strange enough, silver smoke started to erupt from Faith’s body. At first I thought she is on fire but then it turns out that she is fine.

 

The members are even more anxious now. GD and TOP are communicating with their eyes, GD sends a signal to both Taeyang and Daesung.

 

On a count of 1, 2,

 

Too shocked I am unable to suppress a gasp from escaping my mouth.

 

3!

 

Winds surge past me, and my feet is no longer on the ground. Somehow my belated mind finally put the events that happened into order.

 

As soon as the gasp leaves my mouth, a strong hand covers me, muffling the gasp and more pairs of strong hands lift me off the ground and carry me away at an incredible speed. This all happened in less than a minute which is how I end up breathing hardly in Big Bang’s black van as my members stare at me with concerning eyes.

 

Too stunned I could only stare at them and they seem to be speechless as well.

 

“Here have something to drink,” GD hyung finally breaks the silence, handing me a bottle of water. I hungrily grab it and swallow a mouthful.

“How much did you see?”

 

Before I could reply, my vision blacks out and my world goes silence.

 

[GD’S POV]

“The potion worked.” I say to my group mates.

 

“Yeah, we can see that Jiyong.” TOP hyung replies staring at Seungri’s passed out body.

 

*Rubbing his forehead*

“What do we do now?” Taeyang asks.

 

“There’s nothing we could do, if the potions works then Seungri will think that everything that happened is a dream.” Daesung answers while fetching a brand new bottle of water that does not contain magical powders.

 

“Exactly, so no one mentions anything about this incidence alright?” GD says with voice full of authority.

 

“Yes sir.” s reply.

 

I knew that girl was bad news, who would have thought she was a Phantom. Especially with that color… A spirit user. Hopefully we won’t bump into her again.

We cannot allow her to realize who Seungri really is. GD thinks exhaustedly while watching the maknae’s peaceful sleeping face.