The Empire

My World "Lies"

Note from author:

Oh gosh, guys I am sooooo sorry. It took me wayyyy too long to update. Especially to you misheyxxxooo (Forgive me?). I didn't write anything for 2 months, but now that I got a new comp. I will update frequently. So thanks everyone for being patient. And once again. SORRYY!!! ><

 

This chapter I explained the structure of the Paranormal Empire or P.E. If it's confusing please comment, so I can change it.

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

Sam-Jjang: means “Third Jjang”, it means the third best fighter in the school.

Sii-Jjang: means “Fourth Jjang”, it means the fourth best fighter in the school

Hyung-nim: Respectful way of calling someone in the higher level than them and in my case, I use it to call the gang leaders.

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 Recap:

“When do we leave?” the last guy with short brown hair asks me in a bored tone.

 

“Now.” I command, taking out my knuckle dusters and put them on then stretch my neck.

 

The rest of the guys slowly got up from the sofa and stretch their arms or yawn. I turn around and walk out the door, the other guys follow me.

 

“This is gonna be fun~” Mir says playfully before heading out with the rest of MBLAQ.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

20 motorbikes roam the street of Seoul; they travel between cars like leopards, fast and speedy, but all of the bikes are black and sleek and to those who understand. They know that those are the Black Scorpions, members of the most vicious gang in Seoul and leading them are the legendary figures in the underworld of Korea, W the Cold Blooded Prince and the infamous group of gangsters, MBLAQ.

 

Where is he? I telepath in my gang member’s mind, normally, an average Phantom can only connect 3-4 people’s mind in private conversation, and the stronger the Phantom is, the more minds he/she can connect. However, I can connect up to 50 minds all at once thanks to my element Spirit and my naturally high ESP, so I can connect all of Black Scorpions’ minds at the same time.

 

The last time our boys saw him, he was at Starbucks. But now we are not sure. G.O replies me in our mind conversation as he disappears between two cars and merges out seconds later.

 

Most likely, he didn’t leave yet, there is a reason why he is there and he is not going to abandon it so quickly. Watch this. Joon speeds up and drives on top of a truck then does a 360 degrees flip in mid air. He lands with a loud yell and the rest of the gang cheering for him, follows by a lot of honking from the truck he jumped from.

 

But then how are we going to find him? Myeongdong is so big. Thunder asks, he is next to me the whole time but he slowed down a bit to watch Joon’s trick. And nice flip Joon hyung, but you looked like a flying lion when you landed.

 

Joon tightens his grip on his motorbike and speeds up beside Thunder to give him a nice slap on the back. Thunder just laughs and bumps Joon back with his motorcycle.

 

‘Yeah’ choruses from the other members keeping quiet this whole time as a response to Thunder’s question.

 

Separate and go off by yourself, then circle the perimeter of Myeongdong, if anyone sees Goo Jum, contact us immediately. Seungho answers emotionlessly, he is driving on the other side of me and always keeping up with my pace.

 

Don’t waste time and finish this. The sooner, the better. I state coldly then speed up with a ‘zoom’. The rest follows closely, and the Myeongdong district is just ahead of us.

 

Let the hunt begin. Mir chuckles evilly before the gang disperse in all directions.

 

“So, where are we going?” Thunder asks as we drive off toward the east part of Myeongdong.

 

“Starbucks.” I reply in one short word.

 

“Isn’t that where our boys saw Goo Jum the last time?” Thunder asks.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Shouldn’t we go to somewhere with more people?” Mir asks

 

“No.”

 

Mir and Thunder share a quick look.

 

“Then what are we going to do when we get there?” They ask together.

 

“Find clues.”

 

“HELLYAH! A two-word answer!” Mir and Thunder whoop and Hi-5 each other.

 

*Roll Eyes*-W

 

“If you guys have time to play, why don’t you drive faster? You are slowing us down.” G.O says before the 4 of us speeding up leaving the maknaes behind.

 

“HEY! Get back here!” they protest.

 

Suddenly, my mind detects another familiar presence in the crowd on our left.

 

STOP! I command, immediately, all of MBLAQ brace their bike and stop in their track.

 

I scan the crowd of people around us, these is a group of teenage girls and another group of drunken business man but none that fits the presence that I’m looking for.

 

I narrow my eyes dangerously and expand my mind over this whole area sweeping every person but the presence never comes back again.

Did I imagine it? *growl* No, I wouldn’t make a ridiculous mistake like that. That mother er wanted me to sense him, to give me a ing warning that he is always watching for ‘the time’ to come. I slam my fist down on the hood of my bike, the metal bends from the force of my punch creating a big hole at the head of my bike. But I don’t freaking mind right now

 

MBLAQ share a wary glance with each other.

 

What did you sense W? Seungho’s voice shoots in my head. I turn to stare into his cool and alarmed eyes, fury and rage visible in mine.

 

‘He’s’ here I snarl in their mind, anger dipping in every syllable.

 

Tension all at once enters the bodies of every members of MBLAQ. Thunder’s face registers pure horror, Mir’s face is a combination of rage and fear, G.O and Joon both show a bit of pain beneath their fury. Everyone seems a bit shaken up by the news, only Seungho shows uncontrollable rage.

 

Bi…The name rings in everyone’s mind

 

“Where is he.” Seungho whispers with clenched jaw, barely making a sound. It’s as if, if he shouts then he would lose control of anger he buries deep inside of him, the dark, intense rage that’s in his sub conscious every second of everyday, torturing him and slowly consuming him from the inside.

 

“Gone, I only felt his presence for a second.” I reply coldly.

 

“Even spirit can’t identify him?” G.O asks grimly.

 

*Growl*

“If spirit did, do you think I‘d still be standing here?!” I snap at G.O.

 

Joon’s face paled, “That means he’s stronger than before.”

 

A cold wind blow pass us, everyone’s face is grim. Suddenly, Seungho speaks up: “True, he did get stronger over the past 2 years, but don’t forget, he is not the only one who’d gotten stronger.” He’s voice is still rigid from anger but there is a firmness in his voice that made the members slowly look at him.

 

“Don’t ever forget the trainings and hardships W put us through just for the purpose of defeating him. We are not the helpless, pathetic bunch from 2 years ago.” Seungho said with new determination. One by one MBLAQ’s expressions harden, from fear and pain come resolve.

 

“Yeah that’s true, if we can get through W’s training, then we can definitely handle him.” Joon jokes.

 

“Oh when we got through W’s training, I thought I could take on Lucifer and still get away without a scratch.” G.O says sarcastically.

 

The rest snickers and laughs their agreement. I just roll my eyes.

 

I look at them smiling silently inside; this is why Seungho is the leader of MBLAQ and the second in command of my father’s elite enforcers’ team (E.E.T.), with me being the first in command. He got leadership skills and he is resilient. The E.E.T. is a special assassination team that helps the Emp. kill off his enemies in the dark but we are also the commanders of the Paranormal Army (P.A.) and the head of the Military Branch of the Paranormal Empire. (If you are confused, read more)

 

My father’s empire runs by the “Emp. System” created by no other than the Emp. himself. The system runs very simply, there are 3 stages in the system that's run by the 5 siblings (minus Hyunjoong) and they report directly to the Emp. However, unlike other empires in the history, this Paranormal Empire is run by the Phantoms in major gangs and mafias in Korea in the 21st Century. So we basically control the underground world of South Korea.

 

The first stage is to recruit new youthful and capable members into the Black Scorpions: to train them to become awesome fighters and to specifically train the P.B.s to wield and control their powers. This is lead by me and MBLAQ, we conduct all the special trainings for the newly recruited members, both Marroks and Phantoms. All members are aged between 14-18, basically their whole high school lives are spend in the Black Scorpion. After they graduate and go off to college, they will enter my hyungs’ gang, the Red Fox.

 

The second stage for the members that newly enter the Red Fox is to train their inquiry skills, such as using different methods to find information and to analyze, examine, and investigate difficult problems. This involves ability to disguise oneself, to follow someone without them knowing, to spy on the enemy’s side, to hack into complex systems and the ability to mix into any kind of group within the matters of week. The Red Fox is led by Jungmin hyung (the third youngest) and Baby Jun (second youngest). Other than the task to train newcomers, Min hyung, Baby Jun and a few others are also the Elite Red Fox that rules the Intellectual Branch of the P.E. Again, all members are aged from 18-22, they will spend their college year training in the Red Fox, then after they graduate, they will officially work in the main division of the Paranormal Empire.

 

The third and final stage is to join the Avenging Angels, the biggest mafia organization in Asia lead by the Lucifer Twins, my second and third eldest brothers. But in reality, the Avenging Angels is actually the main division of the P.E., they are the heart of the empire, where their job is to fund the empire. In the Avenging Angels, you will use the skills you learned in Black Scorpion and Red Fox to work for the mafia to earn money that funds our empire. All 3 gangs are merely stepping stones used by the Phantoms to run their empire, so majority of the members in all 3 gangs are Phantoms. Only Phantoms are aware and involve in the Paranormal Empire, while Marroks are ignorant to the activities of the Phantoms in their own gang.

 

There are 3 branches in the Paranormal Empire: the Military Branch, the Finance Branch, and the Intellectual Branch. When you enter Avenging Angels, you can officially choose which branch you want to belong into. Once you choose, you can’t change anymore. The Military Branch is under my authority, the Intellectual Branch is ruled by Min hyung and the Finance Branch is under the Lucifer Twins’ control. Basically every gang is in charge of one of the branches in P.E:

 

Black Scorpion --> Military Branch

Red Fox --> Intellectual Branch

Avenging Angels --> Finance Branch

 

Other than their job in the Emp. system, they are also branches of the P.E.

 

And there are also the “Higher Levels”. The Higher Levels is basically a board which consists of all the 3 heads of the branches and the Emp. They are the ones that watch over the 3 gangs to look for any suspicious activities in the organization/empire and make big decisions based on the welfare of the empire. They are the “real deals”; you don’t want to mess with them because I’m one of them.

 

That’s basically the structure of the Emp. System. It’s a very complicated system that took dear ol’ daddy 9 years of his precious life time to plan and arrange. A very precisely thought out system indeed. It’s nearly impossible to bring the empire down or to even inflict any harm on us at all because we are not your normal human beings. Many rival gangs dreamed to take over our empire but none has ever done it. However, 2 years ago, someone almost did…

 

 

Hyungnim! I saw Goo Jum in an alley next to starbucks. One of my gangmate informs me through telepathy breaking my train of thoughts.

 

OH GREAT, what a perfect timing. I grumble softly.

 

"We have to get back on the task in hand. As for Bi... We'll discuss about him at the next board meeting." I sigh. MBLAQ growl deeply in their throats but they let the matter pass because they know that they can't do anything now since they lost him.

 

"Huh, I'm pissed off now." Mir snorts and flips his bang with his finger.

 

*Smirk*

"Then how about we find our entertainment for today?" Thunder says with a sinister grin.

 

*Sigh*

"Just don't traumatize him, like you did with the last guy. Poor soul couldn't speak for 2 months. Emp. got really mad since he needed important information from him. But he couldn’t get any since the guy can’t talk." G.O theatrically sighs and crosses his arms as his shoulders drop.

 

“I had to make up a reason as to why he was traumatized to cover for you two.” He shakes his head.

 

Mir and Thunder roll their eyes. "Puh-leze, we didn't scare him that badly, and most of it is Joon hyung's fault anyways. If only he didnt-"

 

"YAH! Don't drag me into this you stupid maknaes." Joon cursed crossly.

 

"You meanie!" Mir whines. G.O shivers at the maknae's aegyo and Joon pretends to throw up.

 

"Oh god Mir, for the sake of our lives. Can you stop your aegyo." Thunder asks with a shudder.

 

Oh brothers. I mentally slap myself. If the others knew that this is the real MBLAQ, their entire image will be ruined.

 

*....sighhhhh*

Seungho pitches between his eyes and shakes his head slowly.

"Guys, let's go. We are wasting time here." He commands with a roll of his brown eyes.

 

The members grin at their leader. "Neh hyung."

 

Finally. Such dorks…Seungho let out a mental sigh.

 

Then we swiftly jump on our bikes and drive off to Starbucks.

 

W. Seungho telepaths me.

 

What? I answer as we drive pass a group of tourist. They are yell at us for our dangerous driving.

 

What is our order? Seungho asks. Immediately, the other members’ interests pike up, even if they didn't say anything. Their minds are paying attention to my answer.

 

Very easy. We just need to capture Goo Jum alive and take back the "item" he stole from us. Then we can take care of him.

 

Awww that's no fun~ Mir whines as soon as I finish.

 

Stupid maknae, our assignments were never meant to be fun. You of all people should know. Joon scowls at Mir.

 

Haha Hyung, don't make me laugh. Can you say that you don't feel the rush of excitement when they run from us every time? Or the sense of power you feel when they cower on the floor crawling to get away from us? Mir chuckles, but sadness lingers in his voice.

 

There's no answer.

 

See hyung, you do. Every one of us does. And that's how ed up we are. That's also the reason why we are they only ones who can do this. We are ruthless because we know the price we have to pay and we will carry the burden with us all the way until our last breath, that’s why people fear us so much. They know that we won’t hesitate to do anything to them if they offend us. And… that’s why we are here. Mir finishes up wretchedly as we arrive at the entrance of the small alley next to Starbucks. His usual cheerfulness gone. Even Joon, the one who usually scolds Mir didn't say anything. Because what the maknae said is true. So very true...

 

 

“Let’s do this and go home.” I declare as I get off my bike and disappear into the alley.