Hidden Phantoms = Beast

My World "Lies"

Note from author:

Okay guys, this is my first supernatural story, so tell me if somewhere is confusing you and I will try my best to explain. The first few chapters is going to explain some parts of the story, like the characters to try not to get confused okay? Thanks. I used some Korean words in here and I’ll explain it now:

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

_____________________________________________________________________


It’s another bright sunny day at the exclusive School of St. High. It had been like this ever since two years ago, when Faith first came to this school and changed it inside out. Before, this school was the worst school in the whole Seoul, where only rebels, gangsters, son of Mafia bosses study here. Now people from different society levels come here and study together, it is one of the best high schools in Korea, the graduating students are guaranteed to enter first rate or second rate schools in Korea. This is all thanks to the mysterious girl who appeared two years ago, now she is the Student Council President for two years ever since she transferred into this school, the youngest president ever in the school’s history.

 

“Faith! W-wait!” yells Kim.

 

What now?

 

I turn around to find my classmate/friend running anxiously toward me. She bumps into me in full strength but I grasp her before she could fall. Kim is panting really hard with sweats trickling down her face, waving her hands at me shakily.

 

“Kim, calm down first, tell me what’s wrong.” I ask her worriedly.

 

“It-it’s *pants* it’s……BEAST!” she yells.

 

My eyes widen at the mention of the school’s gang name. Although for the past two years, most of the rebels and gangsters transferred away, or got tamed. Beast, the most cold-hearted gang still stayed the same. But they are not like the other gangs who fight everyday and bully other students, Beast tend to stay to themselves and only fight when they feel that someone is threatening their position as the best fighters in the school or someone is getting too full of themselves. They hate liars, cheaters and braggers. Pride is the most important thing to them.

 

I rush toward the school lobby. Only to see 12 students lying groaning on the floor covered in blood. I glance at the 6 figures standing firm and tall without a hair styled in the wrong place.

 

“What happened?” I ask Doojoon, the leader of Beast, and il-jjang (First Jjang) of the school.

 

He looks at me full in the eyes and says dully

“You need to look after your students more; they are getting too full of themselves.”

 

“What did they do?” I ask staring back in his eyes.

 

*Beast smirked*

“They are bragging that they just banged 5 es yesterday” said Kikwang. He and Junhyung is the ee-jjang (Second Jjang) of the school. They are tied in fighting abilities.

 

Looking deep into Doojoon’s eyes I can sense that they are telling the truth.

 

Damn, when did things turn so complicated?

 

I sigh and look at the student body gathering around us. Girls are gossiping excitedly and sneaking glances at Beast, other than being the fighting jjang of the school, they are also the kingkas.

 

Gosh it’s FRIDAY, why did they create this trouble?

 

Blinking twice, I change my expression into a warm smile.

“Please students, there is nothing here to see, lunch is almost over and classes will start in 6 minutes, please go back to your room. The student council will take care of this mess.” I speak in a soft clear voice.

 

HyunJun! Stop sleeping and get over here I yell in Hyunjun’s mind

 

Aish this girl disturbing my nap, what is it?

 

Beast, fight, people, hurt, students, watching, so GET HERE NOW!!

 

…on my way…he replies quietly

 

“Hey sis” someone speak from behind me. I turn around to find my brother standing looking sleepily at me. His name is HyunJun, my youngest hyung in the family. Jun hyung (I like to call my oppas ‘hyungs’) is here as my bodyguard on my father’s order, he is also the student council vice president. He’s only a year older than me, smart, cute (and likes to act cute too) and silly, more like the youngest in the family than me so his nickname is “Baby Jun”, cares for me a lot and could be protective at times……sometimes… anyways he is on my side of the family war, like most of my other brothers.

 

I smile at him and nod my head toward the student body’s direction. Jun glances at them and clears his throat.

 

“Excuse me everyone, but didn’t class start already?”

 

No, there’s still 3 more minutes I telepath to him

 

Jun hyung didn’t even glance my way but in his mind he says

Be quiet little girl, you cost me a nap ^^

 

He narrows his eyes at the remaining students, most of them are gone already but some nosy ones still remain. After meeting his glares, the students hurry away.

 

We turn back to face Beast and I am surprise to see a shock, disbelieving expression on their faces.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jun hyung asks cautiously.

 

Beast looks at each other then nods for their leader to say something.

 

“I can’t believe we just realized this today, Faith, the student council president, the girl who changes St. High from dust into gold, is actually a…” Doojoon starts to lean in then whispers in front of my face, “a Phantom”.

 

Baby Jun gasps and looks at me in disbelieve. I only stare at Beast who are all grinning smugly. I reveal my mind back to the day I read about Beast’s profile. They all came from American just 3 years ago, how could father have possibly missed them when creating the Paranormal Empire? Which takes place 2 years ago……

 

*Click* the mental wheel in my head stops and I came to a reason… ahhh everything makes sense now.

 

“Hahahaha, Beast who are you to talk about me? I know who you are now, you belong to the H.P. or in other words Hidden Phantoms.” I smirk.

 

Kikwang’s eyes narrows, and Dongwoon looks sharply at me.

 

“How do you know about the Hidden Phantoms?” growls Doojoon taking a threatening step towards me.

 

Baby Jun immediately steps protectively in front of me.

“Get away from her!” Baby Jun growls back.

 

“Guys stop!” I exclaim, then add “no fighting in school, Jun Hyung you are the vice president you should know better.”

 

*Snort*

“Sis, I never knew you cared about the image of this school this much.” Jun hyung snorts.

 

“Hidden Phantoms are those phantoms who erased their existence in this world when they got the news that The Emperor is going to create a Paranormal Empire in Korea. Because they don’t want to be controlled by the Emperor, technically speaking, no one wants to be controlled by others, but in order to erase their names from ‘The List’ that contains every Phantom’s names in this world, a sacrifice must be made. A blood sacrifice that is given against his/her own will.” I look straight in the eyes of Doojoon when I said the last sentence.

 

No one speaks for the next few minutes. A heavy silence hangs in the air.

 

At last I ask:

“So tell me, who did you kill to erase your name from the List, Beast?”