Prologue: History of the Phantom

My World "Lies"

 

      Since the creation of humanity, there had always been two kinds of people. One being your everyday normal Joe, or as we like to call them, the Marroks, those who walk freely not bound by any magic or curse, the normal people. Another kind is the sort of people that only appeared in your childhood fantasy, the kind with super powers, abnormal abilities, the power to control elements. We are called the Paranormal Beings (P.B.), or nowadays, the young people like to call us the Phantom.

 

       You can always see traces of us in our world’s glorious history, like Japanese ninjas, European witches, or Chinese priests. Many, many unexplainable events are created by us, there are no real witches, demons or priests, only us, who can perform rituals and use magic. Only it isn’t actual magic, our ancestors believe that everything in this world is made out of energy, and P.Bs are only those people who have the ability to control those energies and use them combined with our world’s natural elements, those energies or powers are called ESP.

 

All Phantoms carry ESP, and that ESP can transfer through our body. For example, if we want super hearing, we focus our ESP on our ears and it will use the energy to sharpen our hearings. But for those who possess a lot of ESP, we simply release our energy throughout our whole body, thus, not only do we get super hearing, we also get super speed (which is concentrating ESP on the legs) at the same time. In other words, we get to use our ESP on all of our body parts where other weaker P.B.s can only focus their ESP on one place. Every P.B.s have their own element from our mother Earth which they control, there are a total of 5 elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Spirit. Each element has their own power, for example Earth, in the color of green, controls the trees and rocks. Fire, in the color of red, controls heat and –well- fire, Water, in the color of blue, controls rain and water, Air, in the color of purple, controls wind and Oxygen, and lastly spirit... Spirit, in the color of silver, is the most extraordinary element out of all 5, because it controls the mind of people, by their minds, I mean that spirit has the power to control a person, look into their memories and make them to things by your will, it is the most brutal and rarest element to have. Of course, all the elements can do much more than that, those are only the basics. I’ll get more into the ESPs later on in the story.

 

There aren’t as many Paranormal Beings as Marroks, therefore we never made our existence known to the world, and we used to stay all together in one place a long time ago. However, the Marroks started to get suspicious of the strange coven of people who lives isolated from the rest of them but seems to have to trouble hunting, making fire, finding water and making shelters under trees, at all, which is -of course- all created by our control of the elements, so our people start to drift apart because of the risk of being discovered. That’s how the myths of witches start, but, the P.Bs are originally from Ancient China, they moved all the way to Medieval Europe because the Chinese began to get wary of them. However, even nowadays, most P.B.s are found around Asia because they return home after centuries in the western world.

 

There is a system that the P.B.s follow, traditionally, all P.B.s are protected by a family with the strongest ESP, they are called the Guardians. The Guardians protect the P.B.’s secret and eliminate those who spill the secret, and that duty is passed down through the family line. The Guardians also guard another secret, they are the only ones who know the existence and whereabouts of all the P.B.s in our world, even after they lost contact with them for several centuries. Every generation, the oldest sibling will be in charge of the names, and the latest one was Mrs. Marylyn (a.k.a. my mom). But that was before she’s murdered, after she is murdered, the names had fallen into the hands of my father, he gathers as many P.B.s as possible in Korea and starts his own empire 2 years ago. An empire where he rules over all the P.B.s and underworld of Korea. My father is The Emperor, the richest man in Asia in front of the whole world, but the ruler of the Paranormal Empire (P.E.) in the dark.

 

This is where I come in. My name is Jayme M. Faithany, but no one calls me that for a long time, maybe, except for my 5 brothers. I am currently 16 and studying at St. High. IQ 180 genius, nothing special, oh-but except that I am a P.B. and have the strongest ESP in my family but half is sealed away by my father since I was 5, my mother is murdered because of me, and this is probably the last time you can ever hear me speak a truth again. Let’s see… what else? My life is being controlled by my father 24/7, I’m presently at “war” with my oldest brother, my element is spirit, oh and I am a Class-A actor in my life, and no one has figured that out yet. Other than that, nothing special. Ordinary life right?