黑龙... Black Dragon

My World "Lies"

Note from author:

Haha… well it’s certainly been an awfully long time. I am really really sorry. It is my new year’s resolution to update this more often and I will do my best to make that happen. Please comment and let me know what you think of the new chapter J

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

Sam-Jjang: means “Third Jjang”, it means the third best fighter in the school.

Sii-Jjang: means “Fourth Jjang”, it means the fourth best fighter in the school

Hyung-nim: Respectful way of calling someone in the higher level than them and in my case, I use it to call the gang leaders.

 

Element Colors:

Fire- Red

Water-Blue

Earth- Green

Air- Purple

Spirit- Silver

 

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

______________________________________________________

Chapter 11 Review:

 

“Watch your mouth,” I snarl dangerously “That woman you speak of is our mother.”

 

“That has no right to be our mother.” Hyunjoong sneers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Oh so they are siblings…

 

My eyes widen when Faith suddenly shoves the guy against the wall. It isn’t the action that surprised me though, it was the speed of it. From one second to the next, that’s all it took.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

We cannot allow her to realize who Seungri really is. GD thinks exhaustedly while watching the maknae’s peaceful sleeping face.

______________________________________________________

 

Do you know them? Hyunjoong hyung asks in my mind

 

Currently we are speeding on the streets of Seoul rushing to head back to our mansion.

 

No.  I grunt back, to be honest the presences we felt earlier is really familiar for some reason but I would never tell him that.

 

Afterwards we elapse in silence and arrive at our mansion.

 

Jungmin and Hyungjun meet us in the garage now. Hyunjoong telepaths Min hyung and Jun hyung even before going through the front gate.

 

The distance between the front gate and the mansion should be a good 500m, which means Hyunjoong hyung can telepath that far without a sweat.

 

I think to myself, unlike the rest of us, Hyunjoong has never been in a battle in front of us so we have no idea the depth of his ESP. There is a very likely chance that he is even stronger than me. This is why every opportunity I get I try to figure out the extent of his powers.

 

“What’s wrong?” an alarmed Min hyung meets us in the garage way before we got there with our bikes. He must have used ESP to run here. Hyunjoong hyung and I get our down on our feet to greet them.

 

“Greetings Hyung.” Jun hyung gives Hyunjoong hyung a 90 degrees bow. He responds with a nod.

 

“Let us go in first, it’s best not to have someone overhearing us.” I say while rushing in the garage to park my bike. Min hyung and Jun hyung follow behind me while closing the garage door. The garage is built with the strongest metals on Earth, it can withstand gunfire and snipers, and it has the best soundproof walls in the mansion. This is where we usually have our meetings.

 

As I am parking my bike, I can hear Hyunjoong hyung explaining what happened to the others.

 

After hearing the whole ordeal, Jun hyung sends me an alarming look. I know what that means, but I have to respond to that later.

 

“…So who do you think it was?” Jun hyung finally asks in the end.

 

“We don’t have information on anyone new looking to cause us problems from the Red Fox. Have you felt their presence before M?” Min hyung turns to me.

 

“No,” I lied, “I’ve never felt their presence before.”

I have decided to investigate why the presence felt familiar by myself first then report to my brothers. I’m not sure why but somewhere inside me I don’t seem to want to find out who the eavesdroppers might be.

 

If I’ve felt them before then they can either be someone from my school or people I’ve passed by in the streets. The options are endless.

 

“Then we don’t even have a clue to start with,” Jun hyung says with frustration, “is there someone specific from the business that has the power or connection to hire Phantoms to work for them?”

 

“Hmm… Could be anyone in a considerably high position of power, the list is too long.” Hyunjoong hyung, whom has been patiently listening to our discussion, answers.

 

“If father did not have as many enemies as he does then this wouldn’t have been a problem.” I add spitefully despite myself.

 

Min hyung and Jun hyung turn to me with alarming glances, trying to tell me to stop through their eyes. But it was too late.

 

Hyunjoong hyung slowly shifts his eyes towards me.

“If you have a problem with father, you could discuss it face to face with him.” His voice is soft but it does not hide the power behind them.

 

“And give him the satisfaction to have me ‘seek his audience’? I don’t think so.” My voice equally as soft, not hiding my own power.

 

Silence follows… after a view minutes with none of us speaking, Hyunjoong hyung glances away from me. Beside me, both Min hyung and Jun hyung take a collective sigh of relief. Glad that no blood will be shed tonight.

 

“Anyways let’s return to the problem at hand. I want your unit to start investigating instantly Jungmin, and report back to me as soon as you find something out. Hyungjun, also contact the twins and let them know about the situation.” Hyunjoong hyung gives out the orders in a controlled voice.

“We don’t know who they are or what they are after so do not leave your guards down.” He turns to look at Min hyung and Jun hyung in the eyes.

 

“M, meet me in my room in 5. We need to discuss about some recent issues that have surfaced.” Then abruptly he disappears, leaving behind a trail of dust as he uses his ESP to go back to his room.

 

As soon as he leaves the garage Jun hyung turns to me with the same look as before.

 

I sigh before answering, “I know what you want to say, but you should also know what I’ll say to you as well. Yes, I know I should control myself better around him. No, I’m not sorry about my actions. Yes, I would have still said the same thing even if we rewind time.”

 

“You need to watch out M, before you push his buttons too far.” Jun hyung told me in an exasperated tone.

 

I glare at him, but I didn’t say anything in response. Jun hyung knows that I will never stand to be in the same room as him so there’s no point in his warning.

 

“You should go before he comes back to find you,” Min hyung says in a reasoned tone, “we’ll lock up here.”

 

I nod once in gratitude before speeding away.

Seconds later I am standing in front of a grand wooden door, polished with carvings on the edges. The kind of doors you would see in those medieval British TV shows.

 

I raise my hand to knock but stop myself.

To knock or not to knock…?

 

You might as well come in, I can feel your presence in here. My brother telepaths me.

 

Bristly, I draw myself up, knock twice and then open the door without hearing his reply.

Polite, I could still do.

 

“Please shut the door.”

 

The door closes with a click behind me, I turn around and wait for him to speak.

Hyungjoon is sitting at his desk with a pile of paper in front of him, and he doesn’t even spare me a glance when I entered.

 

Fine, two can play this game.

 

I am also staying quiet, waiting for him to speak up first.

 

Eventually he sighs and looks up from his work, “Do we always have to have this power play when we see each other?” He asks me in a patient tone.

 

Oh and who started it this time?

 

I just stare at him, because even without replying he would know my answer to that question.

 

“Fine, let’s just get on with it” He abruptly says, “I want a report on your mission.”

 

That takes me by surprise, why would he want a report of something to do with the P.E.? But I guess this concerns even him since it concerns the ‘item’.

 

“MBLAQ and I chased down Goo Jum in Myeongdong and we were able to retrieve the lost stroll.” Yes, the lost ‘item’ is the list or stroll that has all the names of Phantoms in the world, it has been protected by own family since the beginning of time but somehow one puny thief is able to steal it. Speaking of that, I take the green Dragon scroll out from my pocket and hand it to Hyunjoong hyung. I retrieved it before coming to his room.

“Well done.” He says to me and I continue with my report.

“When I interrogated him, I couldn’t penetrate his mind because there was an abnormal amount of unknown ESP that was acting as a barrier to prevent me from reading his memories.”

 

“Oh” this catches Hyunjoong hyung’s interest.

 

I give him a quick nod and continue with my story.

 

“Although I was able to get some information out of him, it seems as if the aim of the mastermind behind this isn’t to take over but to destroy the empire. Goo Jum said that the day the P.E. falls is ‘the day that marks the end of all Phantoms and all suffering. The New Start.’” I recite Goo Jum’s speech in my mind.

 

Suddenly Hyunjoong hyung sits up in his chair and focuses all his attentions on me.

 

I narrow my eyes at him. Something is going on.

 

“And did the traitor mention the name of his boss?” He asks intently.

 

“…黑龙… Black Dragon” I response with the faint inaudible name Goo Jum uttered after the torture.

 

Time seems to stop as Hyunjoong hyung just sits there. After a minute has passed I couldn’t wait any longer.

 

“What is going on? Who is Black Dragon?” I demand.

 

At my words, he finally stirs to life.

“Nothing for you to worry about.” He replies nonchalantly.

 

I grit my teeth at him, “If this person threatens the safety of the Phantoms under the Paranormal Empire then it is something for me to worry about. Unwilling I may be but I do the duty that is given to me. As the leader of the Military Branch and the head of the Emperor’s Elite Enforcers’ Team I have the power to order you to tell me what’s going on Hyunjoong hyung.”

 

“This is beyond your power, it does concern you but I need clearance from father before I am allowed to tell you.” Hyunjoong hyung just replies in that same obnoxious tone as before.

 

Before I can say anything else, he continues “This is all for the night, thank you for your work. I will inform the twins by myself so you can take tomorrow off.” Then turns his chair around.

 

‘You are dismissed’ is the unspoken phrase.

 

I will myself to control my rage, it is not common for my brother to treat people like they are tools so I really shouldn’t get this bothered by it anymore but still. After a few seconds, I turn around and leave as well, without bothering to say goodbye.

 

it is then when I remember that I forgot to tell Hyunjoong hyung about Bi, but then Bi is my problem. I can't face him another time tonight, I will just have to tell him the next time I see him. 

 

As soon as I left the room. Hyunjoong sighs heavily, turns to face the table again, then puts his elbows on the table and his forehand on his crossed hands.

 

“What am I supposed to do now? With him back... I can’t protect M from the shadows anymore, mother.” He whispers quietly, as soft as a prayer.

 

[Back in my Room]

I lay down on my bed thinking back to the events of today. It’s been an awfully short day but it’s still giving me a headache.

 

First there’s the weird aura I sensed from the boy band, then I have to see Hyunjoon hyung, and then there is that intruder in our conversation, and last there is that Black Dragon guy along with the problem he brings with him.

 

This day just gets worse and worse doesn’t it arggg. I put my hands on my face. Slowly my façade melts away again. I normally don’t allow myself to let out my M side in two days in a roll but then again, it’s been an awfully tiring two days.  

 

SCREW THIS. I let out a grunt of frustration, jump to my feet and intend to go to the gym to work off some sweat. But I change my mind and lay down again, thinking back to the boy band, especially to that maknae.

 

Who is that guy? I am sure there is something weird about his aura… That is the last thought I had before drifting off to dreamland.