Faith, the Sly One

My World "Lies"

Note from author:

Hello guys! This chapter, I am going to introduce Faith’s character more, then I’ll go slightly into her true-self, M.

 

Hyung: Literally means “older brother”, used by males

Oppa: Literally means “older brother”, used by females

Kingka: the most handsome guy in the school

Jjang: means someone that is the best at something. In my case, I am talking about fighting jjangs.

Il-Jjang: means “First Jjang”, it means the best fighter in the school

Ee-Jjang: means “Second Jjang”, it means the second best fighter in the school

Sam-Jjang: means “Third Jjang”, it means the third best fighter in the school.

Sii-Jjang: means “Fourth Jjang”, it means the fourth best fighter in the school

 

Highlighted Text Like This: Thoughts going on inside M’s mind.

*Text in This* -- Actions or sounds

Text like this: Thoughts going on in other people’s life

Text like this: Mind conversations, telepathy

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Recap from Chapter 3:

 

“Easy” I grin, “Join the Student Council.”

>>> 

Beast looks at each other and stares at me. I stare back at them. After 2 silent minutes, Doojoon said:

“Alright, we will join the Student Council.”

>>> 

Then continue to walk away, smiling pleasingly to myself when I hear Beast cuss irritably from the other side of the lobby.

This year is gonna be fun.

>>> 

“Oh, well whatever the heck, I can’t wait for it! Let's do some fan service baby!” Seungri yells excitedly.

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Before last period, the news that Beast joined the Student Council is all over the school. Students from all grade levels are confused by Beast’s reason to join the Student Council and they are frustrated that no one from the Student Council knows about this other than Hyunjun and me.

 

“Faaaiiittthhhhhhhh just tell me whyyyyy” Kim whines next to me.

 

*Chuckle*

“No reasons, I just told them all the benefits from joining the student council then I offered them to join which they accepted. Simple as that. ” I answer without looking up from my math homework.

 

It’s Friday afternoon and every Friday’s last period, we have a Study Hall period, but mostly, the students would just talk and chat with each other. I am the only one who’s actually using this time to do all of my homework, for the weekend and next week. Since I’m always busy at night… Anyways, I am here doing calculus (although I shouldn’t be learning it until I’m a senior and I’m still a sophomore, but the school is giving me special lessons) while Kim keeps on talking about how cool Big Bang is, and Baby Jun is asleep on the desk next to me with his head down, trying to catch the nap I disturb at lunch.

 

Suddenly the door bangs open revealing a tall, skinny, y girl with a very pissed off expression on her face. Some of guys whistle while others go back to what they are doing. She searches the room and her eyes land on me, then she stomps her way toward me. I didn’t really pay her any attention because I’m busy calculating in my mind. It isn’t until she slams her hand down on my desk do I finally realize her.

 

I calmly look up from my worksheets and the whole room falls silent.

“Yes?” I ask smiling softly.

 

*Growl*

“Stay the away from Kikwang oppa you disgusting !” she yells angrily.

 

Everyone gasps.

I blink once, twice. Still not comprehending the situation…

 

Oh, shoot, she means Kikwang from Beast? Really these guys, bringing me nothing but trouble today.

 

“Excuse me?” I ask tenderly.

 

“Don’t you ing look at me with that ing naive face of yours, it’s making me sick.” She screams.

 

I arch my eyebrows.

I don’t know what her problem is but I am getting pissed.

 

“You know, don’t you think girls who yell ugly words in front of others are hideous?” I ask nonchalantly, pushing my glasses up.

 

Her eyes grow big as my insult sinks in. Then she narrows her eyes and glare at me.

 

“Who the do you think you are? Judging people like that? Just because you are the student council president doesn’t give you ing control over us. You are only garbage.” She snarls furiously at me. I look around, my classmates seem horrified on the outside but as I swift pass their minds, I can feel that they slightly agree with the .

 

Damn that , if this goes on, it’ll be trouble. I guess I have to stop this now.

 

I frown slightly.

 

“You are wrong, I’m not controlling you, and I’m only speaking what’s on my mind. It’s my right to speak whatever I want, just like you did. ” I said softly, but firm.

 

*Snort*

“Oh listen to her, ‘I am only speaking what’s on my mind’” she mimics me in a disgustingly sweet tone, “yeah right! Ever since she came into this school, how many of us can’t enjoy ourselves? How many of us aren’t free to do what we want anymore, and how many of us are forced to keep up this good student act? SHE IS JUST A ING TWO-FACED !” she turns around and shouts at my classmate, then turns back to me with a smirk on her face when the students start to have mumble conversations with each other.

 

I look at my classmates and slowly the edge of my mouth tips up.

 

Perfect, she is falling straight into the trap.

 

I put on a sad expression on my face and frown.

 

In my mind, I am actually invading into everyone’s mind, controlling them, overpowering the owner’s thoughts and planting my own thoughts in them. Erasing any suspicions they have on me and adding feelings like compassion, pity and sympathy towards me.

 

Yes, spirit gives me the ability to invade others’ mind and control them, like looking into their memories, changing their minds, commanding them and so on. No other Phantom has the power to control another person’s mind. Some can, if they practice and train for years, but they can only control Marroks when they do and it can’t last long. While I, on the other hand, can control everyone, Phantoms or Marroks.

 

Soon, arguments can be heard in the burble conversations. Words like “You’re wrong!”, “How can you do this to her?”, and “That girl is crazy” can be heard among it. The slowly loses her confident smile as she glances nervously around the room.

 

Heh, now for the final touch.

 

I finally prod a command inside a certain person’s mind. At first, there are some resistances, but I push my thoughts more firmly into her mind and the resistance stops almost immediately. Go and slap the girl, tell her how dare she to say this to me and starts yelling at the other classmates for how dumb they are for listening to her lies. I whisper in her mind, now completely control by me.

 

Slowly I feel movements next to me and I silently smile.

 

*SLAP*

The sound echoes in the room, loud and bright. All of the students turn to the , whose head is turn to the side with a red hand mark on the left side of her face.

 

I pretend look up and gasp. I hurriedly go to the skinny girl and touch her face checking for any injuries.

 

“Oh gosh, are you okay?” I ask worriedly, holding the ’s face.

 

She slaps my hand harshly away and pushes me backward, causing me to almost fall.

 

“I don’t need you’re damn help!” She yells.

 

Oh, then you are digging your own grave.

 

Suddenly, another voice booms in the room. The voice belongs to the person the slaps the ’s face.

“How DARE you say that to Faith? Do you even know what she did for this school? How much she sacrifices for us?” yells KIM.

 

Yep, you hear me, Kim, my good friend is the one that slaps the under my command.

 

Kim turns to our classmates and glares at them angrily with hurt,

“And you guys! How could you just betray Faith like this? It’s not because of her status as the student council president that makes everyone like her and you know it! She works double the amount of time of everyone plus together here, she earned her own respect! Out of the whole school, you guys should know that the most! I can’t believe you will just let a who pops up from nowhere yell at her while you guys watch and judge her yourself! When Faith is working hard for all of us, that is probably trying to seduce another guy!” Kim screams at the students pointing her finger at the girl.

 

I sneer in my mind.

On the outside, I run and hold Kim back as she strikes to the girl. But she is still struggling under my hold to get to the .

 

“Stop Kim! Stop! Don’t!” I try calming her down, when she still doesn’t listen. I snap in her mind STOP! Stop struggling with me. Immediately, Kim stops like a puppet.

 

I firmly stand up and look around, satisfy when I see guilt on every classmate’s face. Then I look at the that stands alone with a circle forming around her. I let go of Kim and step up to look her in the eye.

 

I take a deep breath then said:

“Please. This is study hall time and you are disturbing other students who are trying to study. Can you talk somewhere else where you can’t disturb others?”

 

“Who the hell in here is studying?” She snaps at me, trying to sound brave but her voice shook a little.

 

“Daniel over there has been trying to focus on his biology for some time now, and L. Joe over there is trying to read his English textbook, while I am trying to finish my calculus. If you don’t have anything rational to say, please just leave. As for me stealing Kikwang away from you, please don’t be foolish, I am not interested in him that way.” I said serenely but my voice takes on a little of the angry tone.

 

Daniel, the class nerd looks up at me in surprise, and L. Joe, the new student only stares at me.

 

My classmates finally stand on my side again as they shout out: “Yeah, leave us alone”, “Don’t mess with Faith anymore” and “Just get lost!”

 

The is slightly shaking. I just turn away from her and go back to my seat. Gently guiding Kim to her seat on my way.

 

Just as I am sitting down, a warning shots through me. I read the ’s thought that she plans to hit me on my head with the pocketknife she hides inside her sleeve. However, I didn’t bother to get up from my seat because that would raise suspicion.

 

Then I detect another mind, inside this room that’s awake.

But I don’t have time to send him telepathy before the runs to me yelling loudly. Before I decide to move, another person flashes pass me and grabs the ’s wrist twisting it painfully until the drops her knife then he throws her mercilessly across the room. Everyone gasps, trying to understand what happened just now. After they finally got it, they start to yell and cuss at the who is now gasping on the floor. Some run out to call the teachers. Others run to check on me.

 

Hey! Jun Hyung! Since when have you been awake?I ask cheerfully in Baby Jun’s mind, while trying to hard look shock and scare on the outside for my classmates.

 

Uhhh I just woke up! =D

 

DON’T LIE!!! I know you! I scowl in his mind

 

Oops caught ==”, well since that girl starts shouting…

 

THAT long? And you didn’t help me? Ohh thanks A LOT!!!!

 

Heyyyy! I did help you just now…… when I kept you from being hurt.

 

==” you know that I can protect myself just now. Don’t use that as an excuse.

 

….. cheeeee *MEHRONG* =p

 

o;O OMG sooooo childish!

 

YAHH!! Shut up! I’m older than you!

 

I roll my eyes mentally and then I begin to reassure my classmates that I’m fine and they should go help Kim.

 

Poor Kim, she can’t handle my powerful ESP in her mind so she faints right after I lead her to her seat. That’s the problem with Marroks, their body is too weak to handle ESP for a long time. So that’s why it’s illegal to control Marrok’s minds in our world, because it could end up killing them. It’s almost like searching the whole ocean for a single coin to find a Marrok that is strong enough to handle ESP. He/she will be as precious as platinum in our World if we do find one, we call those kind of people S.M. (Super Marroks). S.M.s might not have their own ESP, but they are certainly stronger than any Marroks in the World, and they have a special trait that makes them so important to us. That is, S.M. has a special kind of body that absorbs ESP and uses it as their own. It’s very rare to find one, in the Phantoms’ history, only one had been found.

 

20 minutes later, the teachers come and take Ms. y away from us. They assure us that we won’t be seeing her again. In that 20 minute, I finish my all calculus homework and Kim is send to the nurse office. The nurse said that she has an “emotional breakdown”, so that’s why she fainted.

 

*Ringgggg*

The last bell of today rings, signaling that it’s the end of school for this week. Students hurriedly pack up and run out the door, before the last period ends, the news of the ‘Study Hall Incident’ is already all over the school.

 

As I walk down the hallway with Hyunjun, different people greet me and ask if I’m okay.

I smile and reassure them that I’m fine and quickly make a short cut into Jun Hyung’s car, in the parking lot.

 

“Gosh, why the hurry? Don’t you want all of them to console you?” Baby Jun teases me as he drives out of the school ground.

 

“Be quiet” I said grumbling and close my eyes.

 

I hate it when I have to control other people’s mind. It make me feel disgusting, like a freak, a monster. I have the power to end a person’s mind instantly. It’s not right to do that, but I HAVE to do it, for HIM. I’ve learned the difference between HAVE and WANT since I was 5…. Ever since mom died….

 

The words that the said replies in my mind:

SHE’S JUST A TWO-FACED ……

 

Hahahaha, you have no idea…. 2 faces are too little for a person like me, 3 faces are just right….. What kind of people turns their good friend into a puppet?

 

Damn

Tears swell up in my eyes but I refuse to cry. I refuse to give in. I WILL not give in.

 

“Hey, do you have any plans for tonight?” Baby Jun asks me, unaware of my unshed tears.

 

I reopen my eyes, now strong and resolve.

 

“Yeah, I have to go meet the boys. They probably got the information that I asked for.” I respond with a shrug.

 

“Oh? About the guy that betrayed us? So what are you going to do with it?” Jun Hyung asks me curiously, without glancing away from the road. We are now entering the expensive zone of Seoul, driving toward the largest house in the district.

 

*Chuckle*

“Let’s just say that it’s going to be a colorful night.” I answer with a sly smile and take off my glasses then release my black glossy hair from a black fluffy hair band which I use to tie my hair half up every day for school as we drive through the gate of the mansion of the richest man in Asia.

 

Oh, who is my dad.