16

Developing Friendship

I want to completely apologize for not updating this fic in over a year. I won't give any excuses, and I'm sure a lot of you even forgot about this fic orz

I did some editing and revising in the ious chapters, nothing too major. ^^ but I hope you guys like this chapter, even though it's completely lame and sort of rushed c:


You know, life can make you stumble upon some unexpected situations you have no means of being in.
 
For example, today I found out that the two people I pretty much dislike the most in this world is now going to be attending the same all-boy school that I am. One of them being an old friend who humiliated me two years ago, and the other being a hyper active brat that brings nothing but headaches and annoyance whenever he comes around. 
 
Just finding this information out was enough to ruin my day, but my guidance conselur, Mr. Chae, thought it would be a wonderful idea to take me out of my classes and forced me to show them around the school. This rich fancy school I hate so much. And the fact that they both transferred on the same day (seriosuly, what's the chance of that ever happening?) and that I have to deal with their non stop bickering and arguing between the two, because apparently they hate each other, is just the cherry on top. And they hate each other because of me. How wonderful.
 
Jaehyun and Baro are both pains in the asses and I'm not surprised that by the last class period of the day, I haven't killed the both of them yet. Or myself.
 
The only person who has managed to keep me sane was Namsoo, the other new kid, (seriously, three new kids in one day?) who I first met when bumping into him on my way home one day. And who oddly looks a lot like an underclassmen acquaintance of mine.
 
First having to deal with my parents sudden "break" from each other, and now having to deal with all this new kids nonsense really does put a damper on life. Even though has always been a dull to me. 
 
I stood in front of the doors of the school's library, where I agreed to meet up with everyone during our last class period after finishing their school tour and showing them to their classes. Seeing that we all had our free period at the same time, I really had no choice but to spend it with these brats. 
 
Namsoo was the first to show up and tagging along with him was Jinyoung. I could assume that the two became quite close after leaving Jaehyun with Jinyoung to show him around the sports department. You could obviously see the hearts practically floating around Jinyoung's head and I could just barf from looking at the lovely dovey face of his. This is the first time I've ever seen Jinyoung acting like a teenage girl and to be frank, it was horrible.
 
"Where are the other two?" Namsoo asked once he reached me. He took a peek into the library's door and pulled his head back out with a frown. "Are we really spending our free period here?"
 
"Do you not like the library?" I asked, taking a peek in as well. As always, it was pretty empty. Just the way I like it.
 
"It's not that," Namsoo said, "It's just kind of lame, you know."
 
"No, I don't know."
 
Namsoo let out a nervous laugh and shuffled a bit away from me and closer to Jinyoung. I assumed he still hasn't gotten accustomed to my straightforward attitude and I don't blame him. It takes a while for people to get used to it. He glanced over at Jinyoung, who just shrugged his shoulders. I have a feeling Gongchan won't be too happy about this new friendship that blossomed.
 
We waited a couple of more minutes for Jaehyun and Baro to show up and when they finally did, I wasn't surprised to find them both glaring at each other as they walked down the hall towards us. Jaehyun was doing most of the glaring though.
 
But the glaring stopped the moment the two of them spotted me, completely ignoring the two males standing next to me, and at the same time they both rushed over. Each of their speed was picking up as they tried to get to me before the other.
 
"First!" Baro shouted when he grabbed me into a hug, a quick second before Jaehyun managed to. He looked up at Jaehyun and stuck his tongue out at him like a little kid, to which Jaehyun responded with a scowl.
 
"Let go of me," I said as I tried to push Baro off of me. It was kind of difficult since Baro held on to me tight and I haven't even to the gym in quite a while (never, actually). 
 
"Yeah," Jaehyun said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of Baro's grip and into his own. "Keep your hands away from Duel. And any other parts of you, you ."
 
"? If anything, you're the ," Baro snapped back. He grabbed me and pulled me back into his arms. "And who said you had the rights to touch Duellie if I can't?"
 
"Neither of you have the rights," I mumbled under my breath. 
 
"What's going on here?" I heard Jinyoung ask Namsoo from the sidelines as dumb and dumber continued their argument about who and who cannot touch me. Namsoo just sighed and mumbled, "I have no idea. It's been like this all day."
 
Eventually I had enough and I pushed both of the idiots away from me, giving them a hard look before entering the library without a single word. I sat down at my usually table and, of course, the rest of the gang followed right behind. Namsoo and Jinyoung sat together across from me while Baro and Jaehyun practically fought each other to try to get the seat beside me. When Jaehyun finally won, Baro grabbed the chair from another table and set it on the other side of me.
 
"Ok," I said. I reached up and rubbed my temples for a bit, hoping that the headache I was having would soon go away. "I am going to set some ground rules for the two of you." I glared at the two boys sitting beside me. "Frist, you guys are going to stop this stupid rivalry between each other whenever I'm around. I don't care how much you guys curse at each other whenever I'm not here, but if I'm nearby I want you two to keep your damn mouths shut.
 
Second, stop grabbing at me. I'm not a piece of meat you can toss around back and forth whenever you want. It's really annoying to have both your arms being pulled at the same time."
 
Both Jaehyun and Baro looked away, their eyes down casting towards the table. A part of me felt bad for scolding them but a bigger part wanted to say much more, enough for them to want to transfer to another school instead of this.
 
At that moment, Gongchan came over to the table, a happy expression painted on his face. "Wow, Junghwan. I didn't know you had other friends," he joked when he noticed the three extra people sitting at the table.
 
I scowled at the underclassmen as he got ready to sit at his regular seat right besides Jinyoung, but he froze the moment he saw it was being occupied by somebody else.
 
"Get another chair," I said, slightly amused at the flustered look on the younger's face. I could tell he wasn't so thrilled that somebody else was sitting beside his perfect angel "And it's Sandeul. Not Junghwan."
 
When Gongchan finally did get a chair and sat down on the other side of Jinyoung, I decided to do a quick introduction of the new kids and get the whole thing over with so I could ignore everybody for the rest of the class period. 
 
But the introductions were worst than I thought it was going to be. 
 
For one thing, apparently Gongchan and Baro already knew it other.
 
"He lives in the same neighborhood as me," Gongchan explained with a wide grin, "He was the new kid I was telling you guys about earlier this month. But I didn't know Sanduel was friends with him too. What a coincidence!"
 
And if that fact wasn't annoying enough, Gongchan was completely oblivious at the similarity that he and Namsoo had. Nor did he notice how buddy-buddy Namsoo was with Jinyoung. A little too close to be called friendly, in my opinion. He was too busy noticing something else.
 
"Did anybody tell you that could be a model? I'm serious, you have the face that I'm sure the camera would love!" Gongchan spent the whole time throwing Namsoo compliments after compliments about how handsome he was and, unless Namsoo was also unaware of how they practically looked like twins, Namsoo threw the same compliments right back at him. 
 
"Am I crazy, but don't they look alike?" Baro whispered in my ear as we just watched Gongchan and Namsoo embarrass themselves. 
 
"Hey, hey, hey," Jaehyun snapped from besides us, "Get your lips away from Deul."
 
Baro rolled his eye and leaned back into his chair. "Whatever," I heard him mutter under his breath. 
 
I shot Jaehyun a hard look and Jaehyun also leaned back into his chair with a frown now formed on his face. I knew what Jaehyun meant about Baro "keeping his lips away" and the last thing I needed was for Baro to find out that somebody else knows about our kiss. Especially when that somebody is someone he really hates. 
 
-
 
If there was ever a moment I could fast forward and have it erased completely out of my memory, it would be now.
 
Throughout the whole free period, I dealt with the five most annoying beings this school has to offer. Namsoo and Gongchan throwing each compliments every chance they could get. Baro and Jaehyun glaring at each other the whole time and snapping at the other whenever one tried even talking to me. And even Jinyoung, who used to be the normal one, spent the whole time shooting gushy eyes at Namsoo, which was really disgusting to look at. 
 
You couldn't imagine the relief I had once the school bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Without saying a goodbye, I got up and dashed out of the room, trying to get as far away from the group as possible. I couldn't be near them another minute without the possibility of me ripping somebody's head off. 
 
I was putting my books away in my locker when somebody suddenly grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. I looked at the person and immediately frowned. 
 
"You know, following a person is a form of stalking. I could sue you for that."
 
Baro laughed and removed his hand off of me, but still stood very close. "I wasn't following you. I was looking for my locker and I just happened to find you. Fate, huh?"
 
I sighed and turned to close my locker. "I'm leaving." I tried walking past Baro, but he stepped in my way again and grabbed me by the wrist.
 
"Let's walk home together."
 
I wanted to say no. I really did. But once again those damn puppy eyes of his , he had me quickly wrapped around his little finger and next thing I knew, I was heading out the school was Baro by my side. 
 
I wasn't worried about running into Jaehyun, even though it would be hell if that did happen. I was pretty positive he works at the bakery right after school, so the moment the school bell rang, he was probably one of the firsts to leave the school.
 
It was quiet between Baro and I, and I realized this was the first time the two of us have been alone for a quite a while.
 
"Why didn't you tell me you were transferring here?"
 
Baro remained quiet for a bit. He stared straight ahead and didn't even bother to glance at me. "I didn't know-"
 
"You knew I went to an all-boy school. You should have mentioned it at least. And I even bet Gongchan mentioned me once to you.  Don't pretend you knew nothing."
 
"Okay. Okay," Baro said with a nervous chuckle. "Alright. Yeah, so I was kind of aware that you came here. But I didn't think you'd hate it that much. I thought it was going to be fun!"
 
"Fun? What's so fun about seeing your face on a daily basis?"
 
"That's the fun part," Baro exclaimed. He grabbed my hand and swung it as we continued to walk down the street. The look I gave him clearly said that I didn't appreciate the physical contact but Baro choose to ignore it and instead held onto my hand tighter. "I get to see you everyday. Imagine all the fun we could have now that we don't have to see each other only once every few weeks."
 
I frowned. "So far, you've only told me things to hate about."
 
Baro chuckled again and pulled me so I was walking closer to him. It's quite odd how much skin ship he likes to have, especially with another male. I wonder if he does any of this with his not-really-girlfriend. I hope not. I wouldn't want to be touched with the same hands that has been touching somebody else.
 
"It would have been so much better if that Jaehyun jerk wasn't around. But I guess as long as you're here, It's still great." Baro flashed my this wide grin and I quickly looked away so that I wouldn't have to look at it. It suddenly got hot around here.
 
"I don't remember us suddenly becoming a couple," I mumbled as I glanced down at our hands. 
 
"It's nice," Baro said, ignoring the annoyed look I was giving and the glances everybody else around us were probably giving as well. I wasn't sure, I wasn't paying attention to them either. 
 
"What's so nice about two guys holding hands?" Especially when one of them isn't so thrilled about it.
 
"It just shows how close we are. Almost like lovers." Baro laughed when I pulled my hand away and slightly shoved him. He tried reaching for my hand again and laughed even more when I began picking up my pace so I could get away from him. 
 
"Aw, Deullie, don't get mad. Should we kiss and make up?" Baro called as he chased after me, his grabby hands held out and his lips making kissy faces. 
 
"Get away from me you creep!"
 
--
 
 I didn't really have any other choice but to go into Baro's house. When we reached his place, he didn't even bother to ask but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside with him. I didn't really mind. It was going to take another 20 minutes for me to get to my apartment, so I figured I could take a break for a bit. 
 
When we entered I noticed a young lady who was dusting the living room couch. She looked up when she heard us walk in and immediately smiled at Baro.
 
"Welcome home, sir."
 
Baro nodded his head at her but didn't stop as he dragged me upstairs to his room.
 
"Who was that?" I asked. I comfortably sat down on his bed and frowned. Why did the room seem like it got bigger since the last time I've been here? And I also noticed the room was a little too big for only one person to be living in.
 
"The maid. I mentioned her to you before, didn't I?"
 
I remembered and nodded my head. It was weird for them to even have a maid in the fear place. I also remember Baro mentioning before about how his parents are barely home and he's always by himself. How much of a mess can one kid pull that they need a maid?
 
"So, why am I here?"
 
Baro chuckled at sat down beside me. Despite the fact that his bed was pretty big, Baro sat really close. "We haven't hung out in a while," was all he responded with.
 
I nodded. It was true. We haven't hung out in a while but I had homework to complete and I don't have the time to go out and play. 
 
"Hey, we should watch a movie again like last time."
 
"I'd rather not," I said as Baro got ready to grab something from his mom's DVDs collection. "It didn't end all too well last time." 
 
"What are you talking about? Oh! Do you mean... that?" Baro's cheeks turned into a light shade of red and he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes obviously trying to avoid eye contact.
 
"If by "that" you mean when you stole my lip's ity, then yes."
 
"Stop exaggerating. You even told me yourself that you've had pecks before."
 
"I wasn't aware that you only wanted me to me for my body. I feel dirty now."
 
Baro's face turned into a deeper shade of red and he furiously waved his arms around. "I didn't mean it like that! I only did it because I wanted to see you flustered! That was it! Don't misunderstand-"
 
"Joking."
 
Baro stared at me for a long while before jumping on me and straddled me on the bed. He told onto my wrist tightly and looked down as he hovered over me. "I should punish you for that."
 
I raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "So it's okay for you to make me fluster but it's a crime when I do the same back. If I didn't know any better, I would assume you were a hypocrite." The sarcasm was obvious in my face and I knew Baro was aware of it from the annoyed look he gave me.
 
"Be quiet, Deullie. I'm trying to think of ways to punish you."
 
"That kiss of yours was punishment enough. I don't think anything could top that."
 
"Oh, so you really are trying to say that my kiss is horrible." Baro pouted a little. I could feel his hands loosening it's grip around my wrist so I figured he was going to get off of me, but suddenly he tightened them again and a smirk grew on his face.
 
"I guess the only punishment I can give you is to convince you to that I'm a great kisser."
 
"What are you-"
 
I froze when I noticed Baro suddenly leaning in. A faint blush was back on his cheeks but what caught my attention was the seriousness in his eyes. Something that shouldn't have appeared in what only started out as a joke.
 
His lips were so close to mine that there were barely any space between them. I could already feel his soft breathing and his lips lightly brushing against mine. I wanted to push him off, I really did, but for some reason I was completely frozen on the spot and I could barely even think straight.
 
"I'll show you how great of a kisser I am." He said those words in such a soft whisper that they were barely heard, but with each word his lips brushed against mine and oddly enough, I didn't mind. "I'll make you fall in love."
 
Baro slowly closed his eyes and I squeezed my eyes shut, getting prepared for whatever was about to come next.
 
But suddenly Baro's bedroom door flew open and Baro hastily jumped off the bed and away from me. I quickly jumped as well and sat up as fast as I could before the person who walked in saw anything.
 
The maid stood at Baro's door with a phone in her hand and her eyes were slightly wide, so I knew she must have saw something.
 
"Damn it, Minjung. Can't you knock?" Baro snapped, obviously frustrated over what just happened.
 
"I did knock, sir. You must have not heard," the maid said. She seemed to be immune to Baro's snapping and I figured this must not have been the first time she's been yelled at. "Your mother is on the phone."
 
Baro's frustrated face quickly disappeared and a look of hope was replaced. "I'll be back. I need to take this," he said to me before grabbing the phone from the maid's hand and rushing out of the room.
 
The maid continued to stand at the door for some time and just stared at me and which each second I could feel my face heating up more and more. I was completely embarrassed at the fact that she might have seen something, especially since this is the first time meeting.
 
"Um. Hello, my name is Lee Junghwan," I said to her with a slight bow after I realized that I haven't even done a proper introduction. I've just made a horrible first impression already.
 
"Hello," she said as she bowed back. "I am Kim Minjung. If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask." She bowed again before finally leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.
 
I continued sitting down on the bed before letting out a long, tired sigh.
 
What the hell just happened?