Fallen.

Crossed Paths

“You know… I cried. I cried because of that jerk. I don’t know why. I really don’t. Why did I have that urge to touch him? Why did I even close my eyes back then? Why did my heart uncontrollably beat faster?” Min Ji questioned her teddy as she held it high up in the air.

Closing her eye, she sighed heavily. Deep down inside, she knew. She already knew the answer to all her questions.

She had fallen for him.

Irritated, she threw the teddy to the wall, imaging it as Ren. Pulling her blanket covers over her head, she screamed into the pillow out of frustration. Tossing and turning in bed, she still couldn’t fall asleep. Few minutes later, Min Ji exposed her head from beneath the blanket and sighed. Climbing out of bed, she walked to the teddy and picked it up.

“I am not like you. I am a whole lot nicer than you.” She spoke to ‘Ren’.

Bringing the teddy closer to her chest, she shut her eyes and slowly drifted off to dream land.

The next day in school…

“Na Ra, what would you do if you find out that you like someone?” Min Ji asked.

“I would definitely take the initiative! I mean… Come on, what era is this? No one waits for the guy to take the first move and also… Hey! Wait a minute! Yah! Park Min Ji, you are in love without me knowing? Spill it all out! Who is it?” Na Ra jumped up from her seat and interrogated.

“I…I…Err…” Min Ji paused hesitantly.

“Someone from NU’EST?!” Na Ra pressed on.

Min Ji hurriedly shook her head in denial.

“You denied too readily so I guess I am right. Who is it?!” Na Ra seemed to be really excited to know the answer.

“Damn. I can’t possibly say it’s Ren can’t I?!” Min Ji cursed in her mind.

“Park Min Ji! Stop taking forever to answer my question!” Na Ra yelled causing some people to turn their head around.

“Kim Na Ra, sit down first! Everyone is looking already!” Min Ji pulled her best friend down in embarrassment.

“So who is it?” she questioned once again.

Min Ji avoided her gaze in fear.

“You… Don’t tell me it’s my Ren oppa…” Na Ra warned.

“Hahaha…You must be kidding me.” Min Ji let out a nervous laugh.

“Ummm… Na Ra, the time is not ripe yet. I promise I will tell you some time later so for now, just let me off alright?” she pleaded.

Min Ji knew she made an empty promise but she had no choice.

How could she tell her best friend her crush is her Ren oppa?

“Fine, fine. Don’t tell me. I will find out soon. But actually, I have a feeling it would be JR oppa though. He is so cute, handsome, hot, amazing and…” Na Ra paused with a cheeky smile.

“And so your type.” She finished her prediction with a wink.

“Na Ra, I got to go. Will be back soon!” Min Ji informed before running off.

“Ren!” She shouted as she ran after him.

Ren had no headphones or ear plugs on so Min Ji was sure he heard her. However, he just continued walking as if she was  non-existent.

“Ren!” She called out again as she spotted him walking in the direction of the gates.

“Where is he going? School has not even ended!” She thought.

Running up to him, she grabbed his shoulders roughly.

“Yah! Are you deaf or what?!” She yelled.

He was expressionless and she thought she saw a hint of sadness in his usual playful eyes.

“Go away.” He ordered.

“Today is the sixth day and you have not given me any instructions.” She reminded.

“Go away.” He repeated himself.

“Why are you acting like th-”

“Why are you so bloody annoying?! Didn’t I tell you to leave already? Why are you still circling around me like an irritating housefly?! Can’t you just leave me alone?!” He shouted loudly in her face.

“What the…?! It’s all because of your stupid and childish IOU that I am bound to you… You think I like being by your side all day?! I hate it more than anyone else! So can you stop acting like a freaking bastard her-” She retorted but was cut off.

“So you are only interested in the IOU huh?” he asked.

Taking his wallet out, Ren removed the folded piece of IOU. Unfolding it, he began shredding it into smaller and smaller pieces. Throwing it on the floor, he stared straight back into her eyes.

“The IOU is gone and so is the contract. Now. You are free to go. Go on and leave me! I am telling you to leave too! Leave!” Ren shouted even louder as he pointed for her to leave.

“Thank you so much for returning me my freedom. Farewell.” Min Ji said as she turned around.

Tears started cascading down her cheeks as she walked away. However, she did not wipe them because she didn’t want him to know. She was supposed to be stronger than this. Somehow, those tears were meant to be tears of joy but she didn’t know why it did not seem like it anymore. Together with the fallen pieces, she had fallen so hard.

 

Author's Note:
Tell you a secret. I was sad.):
There was only one commenter(My lovely mikeandikelover) for the previous update...-Inserts heart shattering-
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and would type me a comment below.
Anyway, just to inform you guys...This story is coming to an end already...
So please comment?
Thanks for reading 'Crossed Paths' (: