Epilogue

Crossed Paths

Na Ra bit her tongue as she tried hard not to make any sounds. After hearing their confession, she wanted so much to rush out and scold Min Ji for snatching her Ren away but she didn’t have the courage. Na Ra loved Min Ji as a best friend and at the same time, she knew that love cannot be forced. She knew that even if she ran out now nothing would be changed. She knew that she was better off behind the walls.

-Flashback-

“You… Don’t tell me it’s my Ren oppa…” Na Ra warned.

“Hahaha…You must be kidding me.” Min Ji let out a nervous laugh.

“Ummm… Na Ra, the time is not ripe yet. I promise I will tell you some time later so for now, just let me off alright?” she pleaded.

-End of Flashback-

“I should have known better back then…” Na Ra thought as a tear slipped when she saw the two together.

“I think we should go for the afternoon classes at least.” Min Ji said.

“Whatever my girlfriend says.” Ren replied.

With that, the two laced their fingers together and walked to the roof top exit. Na Ra spotted them coming so she wiped off those tears hurriedly and leaned closer to the wall. She prayed for them not to see her but her prayers failed. Min Ji spotted Na Ra as she walked past the wall. Instantly, she released Ren’s hand and looked away nervously.

“Na Ra-ah, I…I…” She paused as she looked to Ren.

“Actually, I…I… am fine because I…” Na Ra paused as she choked on her tears. The excuses which usually flow out with a snap of the fingers all disappeared. She couldn’t think of any lies suddenly.

“I am with Na Ra already.” A voice sounded.

Na Ra looked up at JR in confusion while he gave her a reassuring smile. He walked over, held her hand and looked to Min Ji.

“So you don’t have apologetic because she had stopped liking Ren for some time already.” JR continued.

“Na Ra, is that true?” Min Ji questioned in suspicion.

Na Ra nodded her head with a forced smile. She wondered how JR knew she liked Ren and why he was helping her. However, for now she knew she just had to play along.

“Yah! Kim Na Ra! So when you said you suspected I like JR, you were actually testing me huh? When did you stop liking Ren and get together with JR?! You bad girl, didn’t tell me anything and made me all scared for nothing!” Min Ji heaved a sigh of relief as she hooked Ren’s arm.

Na Ra laughed a little and she felt those tears forcing their way out.

“I still want to spend some time with my girlfriend here so excuse us, alright?” JR said with a charming smile.

He knew Na Ra could not put on the pretense for long so he had to act fast.

“See you then, hyung.” Ren said.

“Alright. We will make a move first. Seeya in class, Na Ra~ Don’t skip class for too long too.” Min Ji said.

Once the real new born couple disappeared behind the doors, Na Ra fell to the ground. She began crying and all her usual cheerfulness were wiped out. It pained JR seeing her cry as all her act fell apart. He squatted before her and passed her a piece of tissue.

“Don’t cry already.” He said.

“Th-Thank you.” Na Ra said as she wiped off those tears.

“It’s alright. I am just returning a favour.” JR replied with a smile.

“A favour?” she questioned.

“You helped me once.” JR reminded.

“I did?” Na Ra was shocked at JR’s words.

“You're loveable from head to toe. I'm so proud to have you as my girl. Waiting is fun now and even the air is sweet. I love you.” He sang the line he was singing when he bumped into her that day.

“Does it ring a bell now?” he asked.

An image of a cute and dorky boy reappeared in Na Ra’s mind and she snapped her fingers in realization.

“You are that unconfident Kim Jong Hyun back then?!” Na Ra exclaimed as she pointed at JR.

JR nodded his head in embarrassment but was still happy nonetheless that she remembered him.

“I didn’t really help much but you did me a great favour today. Actually, although you want to help me, you didn’t have to lie that you are my boyfriend. The others would misunderstand and it would then be difficult on you.” Na Ra said as she looked down.

“What if I want them to misunderstand?” JR asked.

“Huh?” Na Ra looked up in confusion once again.

“What if I was not acting and have been looking at you the whole time when you were looking at Ren?” JR pressed on.

Yo-You…” She paused hesistantly.

“I like you. Will you give me a chance? I will play this role well.” JR confessed.

“I…I… need some time to…” Na Ra said.

“Alright. I will wait. But don’t keep me waiting for too long, alright?” JR said with a playful wink causing Na Ra to blush madly.

A few months later…

“Oppa, what do you like about me?” she asked as she felt her palm turn sweaty against his.

“Your smile, your eyes, your nose, your hair, your everything including your sweaty palm.” JR .

“YAH! KIM JONG HYUN!!!~” Na Ra screamed and JR ran off quickly.

“Wait a minute.” JR stopped and turned back.

“Did you just call me Jong Hyun?” he questioned.

“Yes, Jong Hyun oppa.” Na Ra said deliberately and smiled innocently.

“Yah. That’s such a common name so stop calling me that and call me ‘JR oppa’ instead! Faster!” JR insisted.

“J-Jong Hyun oppa, I don’t want to, ottoke?” Na Ra said cheekily before running off.

“Aish!” JR shouted in frustration as he chased after her.

“I will definitely catch you!” JR declared and the next second, he successfully caught Na Ra’s wrist.

He spun her around with his strong grip and smiled when she faced him.

“I caught you.” He said with a low voice.

Na Ra blushed at the close proximity between them. Both hearts were pounding in their chests and Na Ra’s cheeks were unconsciously heating up. With a smirk, JR leaned down closer and closer. She closed her eyes and their lips met. The pieces from before rematched and a new couple was reborn.

“Although I missed you after our paths crossed, I knew one day, I would find you back.” JR thought.

“Our paths were never meant to cross but it did. And I am glad I can be by your side to walk the rest of the  path. I love you.”  Min Ji thought as she held onto Ren.

It has been destined for their paths to cross since the start.

 

Author's Note:
Awww, it is the last chapter already...
This marks the end of my only NU'EST fic ^^
Don't miss me too much okay?
Now I gotta concentrate on my other stories :D
Wow. The sense of satisfaction after completing this story <3!
Thank you so much to all my subscribers, commenters and readers!!!
Please do comment below and make me happy, alright ? ^^
Hope you enjoyed reading 'Crossed Paths' (: !!!
Read my new one shot 'One in a Million' ? ^^