Change.

Crossed Paths

Ren walked in from the back of the class halfway during the teacher’s lessons. Everyone who was already distracted turned their heads around. Seeing Ren who still had his make up on, the girls squealed. He just returned to school from his previous schedule. The teacher knew so he merely sighed heavily when Ren bowed down slightly in an apologetic and polite manner. Min Ji put her head on the table and rolled her eyes while Na Ra was squealing along with the others.

“Young kids nowadays debuting at such a young age…” The teacher thought as he shook his head in a disapproval manner.

“Alright, class. Focus back here!” The teacher cleared his throat and hit the whiteboard with the duster.

The students instantly kept quiet and focused their attention back on the teacher who resumed his lessons. Then, a crumpled paper ball came flying in Min Ji’s direction and hit her head. She sat up immediately and glared in the direction the paper ball flew from. She then spotted Ren grinning in a victorious manner and she knew right away he was the culprit. He pointed to the paper ball lying on the floor and gestured for her to pick it up. Annoyed, Min Ji bent over and picked up the paper ball. She unfolded it and started reading what he wrote on it.

To: Slave

Stay back after school in class. Please kindly note that you have no rights to refuse.

Min Ji exhaled air from her nose loudly and looked to Ren who was smirking away. She wrote a reply and threw it real hard in Ren’s direction. Ren caught the paper ball, put it aside and quickly looked down at his text book diligently.

“Why is this guy acting so hardworking out of a sudden?” she thought.

“Miss Park, the dustbin is at the front of the class if you were trying to discard the crumpled paper…” The teacher said loudly in a sarcastic manner.

“Damn.” Min Ji muttered under her breath as she hurriedly turned back to face the front.

“Should I make a class rule of no throwing of paper balls during lessons? Like seriously, come on…You guys are no longer elementary school kids so stop behaving like one, alright? Pay more attention in class!” The teacher slammed his hand on the board, annoyed.

“I am sorry.” Min Ji mumbled as she looked down apologetically.

Right after the teacher tuned around, Min Ji shot Ren a deadly stare. He merely smiled and shrugged his shoulders innocently.

“It’s all your fault, stupid Ren.” She cursed in her mind.

After school…

“Na Ra, I got to stay back so I can’t accompany you to pick your umma’s birthday gift. Mianhae.” Min Ji told Na Ra.

“WHY??!! I thought you agreed to go with me last week?” Na Ra exclaimed and pouted.

“Because of some stupid idiot who told me to stay back.” Min Ji said softly to herself.

“Huh?” Na Ra caught nothing because she spoke too unclearly.

“Nothing. It’s just that have some stuff to do in school. Sorry.” Min Ji said.

“Arraso. I will just go alone…” Na Ra sighed as she picked up her bag.

“Bye~” Min Ji waved to Na Ra.

“See you tomorrow…” She waved back and left class.

The class was already vacant and Ren was still nowhere in sight. She placed her head on the table and decided to take a short nap.

“There should be no one else in class already…” Ren thought as he walked back to class after ditching the fan girls.

He stepped into class and spotted Min Ji sleeping soundly on the table.

“When this fiery girl is sleeping, she seems more like a girl. Hmm…Looking closely at her features, she is actually quite pretty.” Ren thought to himself.

“Gosh. What the heck was I thinking?!” Ren slapped himself mentally as he snapped out of his thoughts.

He then threw his bag on the table beside Min Ji’s, causing her to jump out of her seat.

“YAH!!!” She screamed loudly.

“I am here.” He announced coolly as he took the seat beside her.

“Rude brat.” Min Ji muttered as she gritted her teeth and sat down.

Ren dug into his bag and took out his stack of assignments to be completed and placed it before Min Ji.

“Complete them.” He ordered.

“What the…? But these are your homework, not mine.” Min Ji argued as she pushed the pile back to Ren.

“It’s alright if you don’t do…Provided that you pay back my 840 000 won.” Ren said as he played with his fingers boredly.

“Fine, fine!” Min Ji yelled as she snatched the papers over.

“I am tired after schedule so I will be taking a nap here. Wake me up once you’re done.” He instructed.

Min Ji ignored him and began making faces at the sheets of paper. Ren laughed soundlessly before putting his head down. His face was rested on the table, facing Min Ji with closed eyes.

“Aish. How long have this idiot been skipping lessons?! Why are there so many work to be completed?!” Min Ji thought to herself.

She sighed in exasperation and placed the pen down. She needed to rest her eyes a bit so she stopped answering the questions and looked around the class. Unknowingly, she found herself staring at Ren.

“He could probably be more manly and hot if not for the feminine image his company is trying to establish for him…” Min Ji thought as she studied Ren’s features carefully.

“If you are going to continue staring like this, my work will never be completed.” Ren said with his eyes still closed.

Min Ji blushed madly and quickly turned back to face the front. She clumsily picked up the pen and continued doing. Ren smirked as he parted his eye lids slightly and peeped at her again.

“Damn. Park Min Ji, why the heck were you staring at him like a fan girl?!” she scolded herself mentally as she felt her heart race a little.

 

Author's Note:
Sorry guys for updating only after so long): ...
School has been relatively busy and I could hardly find time to update my fics ><
Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ (:
Please comment below and motivate me!!
You know, I would definitely love new subscribers <3
Thanks for reading 'Crossed Paths' !:D