Crossed

Crossed Paths

Returning home, ‘Face’ was still stuck in Min Ji’s head. Annoyed, she switched on her lap top and searched up the song. Listening to it a few more times, she found it more and more pleasing to her ears. Or rather, she was practically addicted to the catchy song. Secretly, she downloaded it into her phone.

“I am just downloading this because it sounds… alright. I still dislike NU’EST.” She mumbled to herself.

The next day…

Sitting on the rear seat, Min Ji was listening to ‘Face’ and humming it softly. Then, an awkward student boarded the bus and sat down beside her. He looked oddly familiar but Min Ji brushed the thought off and faced the window.

“Isn’t this Park Min Ji?” Ren thought to himself as he pulled his scarf higher. The other NU’ESt member had ditched him because Ren refused to get out of bed. In his sub-conscious mind, he told his hyungs that he was sick and to get a medical leave for him. Amazingly, they really believed his words. Therefore, Ren ended up having to take public transport to school by himself.

“What is with the fashion of tied up blonde hair nowadays? Reminds me of that irritating Ren guy.” Min Ji thought as she rolled her eyes.

“That tune sounds familiar. Is it ‘Face’?!” Ren thought as he listened to her humming.

Curious, he removed one side of her ear plug and placed it in his ear.

“Hey!” Min Ji shouted as she turned to face the ‘stranger’.

“I thought you found this song gay?” Ren teased.

“You…” Min Ji muttered as she pointed to the ‘stranger’ in shock. His voice sounded like Ren’s.

He then pulled down his scarf slightly, showing Min Ji who he was.

“.” Min Ji cursed as she realized it was really Ren.

“Seems like someone likes our song huh?” He said with a smirk.

“I-I was just… Aish. Just return my ear piece, you rude guy!” Min Ji yelled as she tried snatching it back from him.

Ren chuckled and hid it away from her. Min Ji felt utterly embarrassed as she tried to snatch it back with all her might. Then, Ren’s phone fell to the ground with a loud thud. They paused for a moment as he picked it up carefully.

“Damn.” Min Ji muttered under her breath as the two stared at Ren’s cracked screen.

“It’s my brand new Iphone 4S.” Ren informed as he looked up at Min Ji angrily.

“You were the one who started it first.” Min Ji retorted, hiding the guilt which was written all over her face the previous second.

“If you didn’t push me, my phone wouldn’t have drop. Pay me back.” Ren demanded.

“Fine. How much?” Min Ji asked.

“This is a 64 GB model which I bought for 840 000 won a few days back. Pay up.” Ren said with an outstretched hand.

“What the hell? It’s so expensive?! Where do you expect me to get so much money from?!” Min Ji questioned as she bit her lips nervously.

“Then you will have to pay by other means.” He said in a serious tone.

“Other means?” Min Ji asked, confused.

“Meet me after school, in class.” He said before getting up from the seat and alighting first.

Following behind him, Min Ji alighted from the bus too. Ren walked off quickly to school while she stood there with her head down.

“What an unlucky day.” Min Ji mumbled and sighed heavily.

After school…

“Min Ji, I am going home first! Today is my umma’s birthday and my appa is fetching me from school~” Na Ra sang.

“Okay.” Min Ji replied simply as she placed her head down on the table.

“You okay?” Na Ra asked as she looked at her best friend worriedly.

“Yea.” Min Ji replied in a flat tone.

“Doesn’t seem so though… You can tell me about it. Maybe I can help?” Na Ra said with a bright smile.

“Na Ra-ah, do you have 840 000 won to lend me?” Min Ji sat up hopefully and asked.

“Min Ji-ah, why do you need so much money?! I would definitely help you if I can but I really don’t have that much…  My parents wouldn’t let me take out any money from the bank either. Mianhae. But is there anything serious?” Na Ra replied and Min Ji collapsed onto her table again.

“Aniya, it’s nothing… You should get going already. I think your dad should be here.” Min Ji reminded.

“Oh! I forgot about my appa! Min Ji-ah annyeong~” Na Ra said as she waved to Min Ji.

“Bye.” She waved a little before throwing her hand on the table.

Ren had left class halfway during lessons because NU’EST had schedule. The class was emptied and Min Ji was alone in it, waiting for Ren.

“Gah. This idiot is surely taking his own sweet time!” Min Ji complained as she checked the clock once more.

“Sign this.” A voice sounded from behind as a paper was thrown beside her.

“What’s this?” Min Ji asked as she sat up and stared at Ren.

“Read, you idiot.” Ren replied as he sat on the table.

“Geez.” She mumbled as she picked up the paper.

“Park Min Ji will be Choi Min Ki’s slave for one week as repayment for spoiling his beloved brand new Iphone 4S...” Min Ji read out in a monotone voice and paused abruptly.

“BWOH?! Slave?” Min Ji exclaimed as she shot her head up and glared at Ren.

“I am letting you off easily already. I have an alternative if you don’t want to do this though” Ren said with a cheeky smile.

“What’s the alternative?” Min Ji asked suspiciously.

“Pay me my 840 000 won so that I can buy myself a new phone.” Ren said.

He crossed his arms and looked down at Min Ji who sighed in defeat.

“Yah! Must we do this?” Min Ji shouted at him.

“Yes.” He answered simply.

“Damn.” Min Ji cursed in her mind as she picked up the pen reluctantly and signed on it.

“For your information, if you breach the contract… you must repay me ten times the amount. It’s stated in the contract.” Ren reminded.

“WHAT?!” Min Ji exclaimed as she scanned the contract once more but couldn’t find the term.

“There.” Ren got off the table and pointed to her.

“What the heck? You deliberately wrote it this small, right?!” Min Ji protested but Ren merely shrugged his shoulders innocently.

“YAH!!!” Min Ji screamed in annoyance as she pointed at Ren accusingly.

“A slave shouldn’t behave like this to her master.” Ren said with a smirk as he snatched the contract back from Min Ji.

Min Ji clenched her fists as she looked down and took in deep breaths.

“So… Your first task as a slave is…” Ren started.


Author's Note:
Hello! :D
How's the second chapter?? :)
Hope to see your comments and new subscribers ^^ !
Thanks for reading 'Crossed Paths' ! (: