First Encounter

Crossed Paths

“Did you hear the news already?!” Na Ra yelled as she ran in from the back door.

“What news?” Min Ji raised her head from her work and asked.

“NU’EST is transferring to our school today!” Na Ra exclaimed excitedly.

“Really?!”

“Are you freaking serious?”

“OH MY GOD! KILL ME NOW!”

Many students crowded around Na Ra within the next second.

“What else do you know?!”

“What time are they coming?”

“OH MY GOD! SAVE ME NOW!”

“Yah! You guys are going to suffocate me! That’s all I know-they will be attending our school from today onwards.” Na Ra explained as she struggled to force her way out of the crowd.

With that, the girls jeered and dispersed disappointedly.

“Geez.” Na Ra rolled her eyes and took the seat beside Min Ji.

“Who is NU‘EST? What is with this person’s name anyway?” Min Ji asked and giggled.

“Park Min Ji, are you kidding me?! You don’t know about NU’EST, the hottest boy group on earth?” Na Ra stared at her best friend in disbelief.

Min Ji flashed her an innocent smile and nodded lightly. Na Ra’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape as she shook her head. She then took out her phone and began tapping on the screen quickly. She then plugged one side of the ear piece into Min Ji’s ears and the other into hers.

“Be amazed.” She said before placing her phone before Min Ji and playing the video.

Na Ra was watching along with Min Ji, screaming whenever Ren made his appearance in the video. Min Ji stared at her best friend whenever she made inhumane sounds.

“Frankly, they are kind of good looking…The song is catchy too.” Min Ji thought to herself halfway through the video.

“Aren’t they hot?!” Na Ra asked at the end of the video as she placed both her hands on her face.

“Ani, they look gay.” Min Ji denied.

She refused to admit that she was attracted to a rookie group just by watching their MV once.

“YAH PARK MIN JI!” Na Ra shouted defensively.

“Oh really?” Someone said from behind.

Turning their heads, they saw someone standing at the back of the class.

“R-ren?!” Na Ra gasped.

“Your point is noted, Park Min Ji-shi.” Ren said and smirked.

That totally sent Na Ra into her fan girl mode. The whole class then turned into a sea of screams and shrieks. Within the next second, all the girls except Min Ji were surrounding the empty seat Ren occupied.

“Whatever. I am so not interested in them.” Min Ji thought as she focused back to her work.

However, ‘face’ was stuck to her mind which made her irritated.

“Aish. It’s all hyung’s fault. Thanks to him forcing us to come to school so early that I have to sign so many autographs...” Ren complained in his mind.

“Are you sure you want me to sign this?” Ren asked as he looked up at a nerdy girl.

She nodded meekly and blushed.

“Okay.” He said as he signed on the girl’s text book.

“What the heck? Even she is into them?!” Min Ji stared at the class nerd who had just gotten herself Ren’s signature.

Then, Ren spotted Min Ji rolling her eyes in his direction.

“Park Min Ji…” Ren repeated her name in his mind before turning back and continuing with the signing.

After school…

“Kim Na Ra, if you continue staring at that piece of paper, you will bore a hole through it.” Min Ji said sarcastically.

“If you are jealous, I can photocopy one copy for you.” Na Ra said, still staring at the autograph with an idiotic smile plastered across her face.

“Why would I want that pretty girl’s signature?” Min Ji retorted.

“Park Min Ji!!! Ren is a pretty boy, not a pretty girl!” Na Ra correctly and glared at Min Ji dangerously.

“Okay, I surrender. He is such a pretty BOY, alright?” Min Ji said as she held both her hands up in surrender position.

 “That sounds better.” Na Ra said triumphantly.

She then returned to staring at her autograph.

“Gosh.” Min Ji muttered under her breath and sighed heavily.


Author's Note:
Hello people! :D
I am so sorry for posting the first chapter only now:X Sorry):
Please subscribe if you enjoyed reading...(:
I hope you guys can comment and tell me if you liked it so far ^^
Thanks for reading the first chapter of 'Crossed Paths' !~ <3