Beginning

Crossed Paths

“ me out of school.” Ren ordered.

Min Ji rolled her eyes and laughed.

“Mister, do you think you are Rain? For your information, I don’t think you are that famous yet. The crazy fan girls won’t come pouncing on you like wolv-” Min Ji was then interrupted by a loud commotion outside class.

Turning about, her jaw dropped when she saw a big group of girls squealing by the window. Ren smiled and waved at the fans, causing them to scream even louder. Turning back, he looked at Min Ji with a ‘See-I-told-you’ expression. Min Ji scowled and rolled her eyes.

“Come on, this guy just came to school and these girls knew he is here already? When did news spread this fast in our school?!” Min Ji thought to herself as she stared in disbelief.

“What is she doing with oppa?!”

“Who is she? She looks so ugly… Even oppa is prettier than her.”

“Oppa, I love you!”

Min Ji puffed her cheeks in annoyance as she spreaded her arms, escorting Ren out of their classroom. The girls were pushing and shoving Min Ji causing her to knock into Ren several times. Ren smiled smugly as he continued walking with his head held up high. He got onto his manager’s van swiftly, throwing his bag on the empty seat. The rest of the members were already back in the dorm. Ren managed to persuade his manager to send him back to school with an excuse that he left his work on the table carelessly.

“Goodbye!~” He said as he waved to his girl fans with a cute smile.

Some of the fans ‘fainted’ and fell into their friends’ arm while Min Ji merely walked off angrily.

“What did I do to deserve this, like seriously?” Min Ji thought as she kicked one of the squashed cans lying in her way.

“Ouch.” A voice sounded.

Min Ji looked up and saw a guy rubbing at his forehead. Obviously, the can she sent flying through the thin air hit the guy’s head spot on.  

“Today is seriously my ‘lucky’ day…” Min Ji thought sarcastically to herself.

Walking up with an apologetic look on her face, she smiled in embarrassment. Somehow, she thought he looked oddly familiar.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you with the can… I am really sorry.” Min Ji apologized sincerely.

“It’s alright.” The guy said forgivingly and smiled.

The scarf which was hiding half of his face slid down slightly, causing Min Ji to recognize him right away.

“You… You are from NU’EST?” she exclaimed in shock.

“Ssshhh...” The guy covered and winked at her.

“I sneaked out from dorm so don’t shout. If we attract my fans, I will be in trouble.” He said with another smile.

Min Ji nodded in understanding as he removed his hand.

“You seem more nice and polite as compared to that idiotic Ren.” Min Ji mumbled.

“You know Ren? Anyway, I am Kim Jong Hyun, leader of NU’EST. You can call me by JR.” JR said as he pulled his scarf higher.

“I am Park Min Ji.” She introduced with a sweet smile as she took his extended hand.

JR looked away nervously as a passing student eyed him suspiciously. She slowed down beside him, seemingly knowing he was JR.

“Oppa, I don’t care… I want to eat sushi!” Min Ji acted as she grabbed JR and started walking.

The female student shook her head and walked off. Peeping behind, knowing the girl left, Min Ji released JR immediately.

“Thank you.” He muttered with a charismatic smile.

“No problem.” Min Ji replied as she waved it off.

“Ah. I am running late. Got to go. My umma is home waiting for me to eat dinner. Bye~” Min Ji informed hurriedly before running off in quick steps.

“Park Min Ji… She is that cute girl’s friend.” JR thought as she looked at Min Ji’s back view.

Adjusting his scarf again, JR headed towards the eatery shop he intended to visit. Obviously, he didn’t tell the other boys the truth lest they forced him to treat them. Therefore, he made up a lie that his best friend wanted to meet up and told them to tell the manager that he was sleeping in his room.

Knowing his manager well, JR was certain that their manager wouldn’t come up to the dorm but would just drop Ren downstairs and call to check. Getting home, Ren was laughing to himself as he recalled Min Ji’s upset expression. Baek Ho stared at him suspiciously and plopped himself beside Ren.

“What’s up?” He asked with a sheepish smile.

“Nothing. Just thought of something funny…” Ren said as he chuckled.

“Care to share?” He continued, leaning closer.

“Nope.” Ren said and stuck out his tongue.

“Whatever. Selfish!~” Baek Ho sang as he stuck out his tongue childishly.

Ren laughed as Baek Ho headed to the kitchen to get his drink.

“Park Min Ji, 6 more days to make use of you. Today is just the beginning… ” Ren said with an evil smirk.


Author's Note:
Hey guys!~ I finally updated again. Phews...
Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and would comment below ^^
Do subscribe if you are new... :)
Thank you so much for reading 'Crossed Paths' <3 ~