Quirks of Betrayal

Played by Fate |HIATUS|

Chapter 2
Quirks of Betrayal

---"That was great practice!" Chae Rin exclaimed drinking her bottle of water. was dry due to the fact that they were singing for two hours straight. They still needed to memorize the song and hit the right notes but so far things were going great.

Bom looked up from fixing her things and beamed at her. "That was a great song."

"Well we are great singers." She replied forming a huge grin that reached her eyes turning them into tiny slits.

"I feel like I'm ruining the song."

Dara layed down on the flat floor and stared at the cieling obviously frustrated with herself. Minzy made her way towards her and poked her exposed forehead.

"You're not ruining the song noona. You're voice is cute." She reassured.

She sat up and puffed out her cheeks cutely. "I won't let you girls down. I'm gonna do this for you! I'm gonna train and train and train."

Of course Dara would never do anything to let her friends down. She gave up the lead role for the play right? It only means that she's willing to do this. After all, these girls are like her sisters. She pumped her fist up in the air to show her determination while Chae Rin and Bom clapped at her.

"That's our Dara!" Bom cheered.

They packed all their neccessary things and went out of the music room. Dara was the last one out because she spent her time staring at the cieling instead of gathering her things.

"Dara let's go." Chae Rin called out her hand already on the light switch.

"Nae!"

Dara snatched her back and swung it across her shoulder and scampered out of the room. Chae Rin waited for her to be out before switching off the lights and locking the door.

Instead of going the usual direction towards their dorm Dara turned towards another one confusing her friends greatly.

"Where are you going?" Bom asked her before she was out of earshot.

Dara looked back over her shoulders, "I won't be gone long. I just need to visit Sanghyun in their penthouse." She turned back to the road and ran towards the path that would lead her to UPA (University for the Performing Arts) men's avenue, a place where penthouses for college men are being rented. Yes their college has this sort of thing. It was one of the reasons why it was so expensive and elite.

The walk was far and Dara regret the fact that she didn't take a shuttle bus or even used her car to get to her destination. She was such an idiot for thinking that it was like a walk in the park. The campus was as big as it could get for christ's sake and judging from her location that moment, no shuttle bus would even dara to pass by this road at this hour.

She let out a frustrated sigh knowing that it was her fault she got stuck in this situation in the first place. She'd be lucky if someone she knew drove past her and was at least nice enough to give her a ride to her brother's place.

"But most students are already either back at their dorms or penthouses at this hour. If not, they were either practicing for the Music Festival they were probably out partying." She said out loud. "Aaaaaggggh!"

She jumped around in her spot and pulled on her hair. If it wasn't for her stupid brother and her idiotic brain she would be in her bed right now eating ddok bokk kii.

A strange gurgle went up from her stomache as she thought of her eating her favorite dish in her warm and soft bed. She held her abdomen and threw her head up into the cloudy night sky. "Now I'm hungry."

She would have sat at the side of the road then and there, but her feet decided to keep herself going and ignore her anger. While taking heavy steps forward a car pulled up beside her. She turned her head at the exact time that the window rolled down revealing a man with dark drown hair and creamy skin. She knew that man all too well... it was none other than, Kwon Jiyong; 21 years old, major in Modern Arts, commonly known as G-Dragon.

"I see a crazy woman at the side of the road." He joked.

Dara's eye twitched with irritation. "And I see an arrogant jerk driving a black sedan." She snapped her head in front of her and fixed herself. She doesn't need to deal with this right now.

"Where are you going miss Park? Do you know of the danger that could happen to you walking alone at a place like this? You are after all, heading towards the property of men."

"I am well aware of the danger in here. For example, you. So I would very much appreciate it if you drove off and left me alone."

She started to walk again, but the persistent dude kept up with her pace by driving his car in the lowest gear possible.

"Those words stung miss Park." He faked a pained expression but the grin on his face a inevidable.

"Really?" She scoffed. "I was hoping it could kill."

"There are other things that could kill you out here. Think about it. Walking alone in the dark of night, with nothing but dim streetlights to light your way, people too far to hear you scream..."

Dara paused and her breath hitched. The color drained from her face as the mental images of serial killers, ghosts and flesh eating cannibals ran through her mind. Ridiculous thoughts that should only exist in CSI, Wrong Turn or other horror movies.

Jiyong's lips tugged at the side as he watched Dara's reaction. It was too priceless to miss. He wished he had a camera with him right at that moment to capture that single image.

"Would you like to hop in?"  He asked opening the passenger for her on the inside.

Dara's eyes darted towards him and his open door. She had half a mind to let herself in, but instead of giving up and cowering to the side because of her silly fears she scowled at him instead.

"I'm more scared of you than any serial killers, gost or cannibals out there!"

Thunder roared from a distance as the night sky turned darker and she can no longer see the stars anymore. She looked up only to be met by the sudden pour of rain washing over he whole body.

Jiyong almost cracked up, but he knew it would be very bad to laugh at her now. "That offer is still open."

She stared daggers into him her face already dripping wet. "I'd catch a cold first before getting inside a car with- achoo!"

"Well?" He asked cocking an eyerow obviously amused. If this girl was having the worst day of her life, he was practically having the best day of his.

Dara scowled at him, but gave up trying to be snobbish and got inside his vehicle. She shut the door loudly and huffed in the seat. ere she was sitting inside a car of an arrogant jerk whom she barely knew.

"By the way, I'm Kwon Ji-"

She cut off his sentence by holding her hand up to his face. "Save the introductions, I know your name just as much as you know mine."

Her arms crossed on her chest as her eyes looked straight ahead on the road as the wipper wiped the wind shields off of unnecessary rain water.

Jiyong chuckled in amusement. He closed the window of her seat and drove down the road. "So why exactly are you walking towards the men's avenue?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road.

"My brother." Was her simple reply.

"Ah, you mean Thunder." He stated obviously familiar with her brother.

"Yes I mean him. How do you even know him?"

In reality, he and Sanghyun knowing each other was due to the fact that their penthouses were next to eachother and also because his best friend, Lee Joon and Daesung are cousins, so their groups get to hang out with each other often.

"I know him because he wants to get into our gang." He joked trying to get on the last nerve of the girl who was dripping wet beside him. He wants to know how long can she stretch her patience until she snaps. He knows that he's not supposed to take his eyes off the road but he needed to see her reaction.

Slowly and carefully he moved his head to the right- eyes still on the road- and when the coast was clear, looked at her very quickly. It was merely a three second look, but it was enough to see her bulging eyes almost popping out of their sockets from total shock.

He gave himself a pat on the back for a job well done. "Well done Kwon Jiyong..." He thought to himself.

"We're here." He said deccelerating his car and stopping in front of Park Sanghyun's penthouse.

Without saying a word Dara went out of the car and stomped her way towards the front door not even caring if the rain stilled poured down on her.

Not wanting to miss any of what was happening, Jiyong turned the gear off and watched as Dara banged on the door furiously. Mir was the one to answer it, obviously confused by the dripping and angry noona standing in front of their door in the middle of the pouring rain.

Jiyong watched as Sanghyun was called to the door only to meet her gorgon sister. She shouted a bit, he plead here and there, she cries out a lot, he begs here and there, she points to his direction, he looks to where she was pointing and the next thing he knew, sister was stomping towards him this time and brother was running after her with an umbrella.

Dara tapped on his window so he rolled it down.

"You jerk, you liar! Why did you tell me that about my brother!? I almost cut his head off you ignorant jerk!"

She was over-exagerating, emabarassing Sanghyun a bit towards his hyung and his friends who were all piled up on the doorway to see what the commotion was all about.

"Noona, calm down will you?" He begged sheltering her with the umbrella he was holding up. "Maybe you should go inside. I'll drive you back to your avenue once the rain stops."

He pushed her towards the penthouse, but her feet were glued to the wet pavement. 'I am not gonna leave this spot until that guy ets what he deserves for- achoo!"

"Noona, I think you're catching a cold. You should really get inside and dry yourself up."

He motioned for Lee Joon to take his noona inside the penthouse. In a matter of minutes Joon was already beside Dara with another umbrella.

"Let's go noona."

Dara gave Jiyong one last glare before following Lee Joon inside.

Sanghyun sighed as he stared at his noona. He turned towards Jiyong who was almost ready to break. "Hyung why'd you tell noona I wanted to get into your gang? I thought you didn't even have one?" He asked him in a voice of betrayal.

"Thunder..." Jiyong started. "You have a very nice sister, shows much concern for her. Love her properly okay?"

He stopped talking. What did he just say? He can't believe those words just came out of his mouth.

Sanghyun nodded his head. "I am loving her properly... but hyung, don't do that again okay? You haven't seen her raise hell just yet."

Jiyong stuck his hand out of the window to give Sanghyun a pat on the head. "I'll take a mental note."

He rolled his window up and bid the younger boy goodbye before driving to their own parking garage just next door.

xXx

---Dara woke up in a nice soft bed that smelled like his brother. She sat up and looked around the unfamiliar surrounding. If she hadn't seen the picture frame on the side table she would have thought she was in some creep's room. But the picture was that of her, Sanghyun, Durami and her mom.

She swung her feet at the edge of the bed and stretched.

Staring at the white cieling she remembered the events of the other night. If she remembers correctly, Lee Joon pushed her inside the bathroom to get a warm bath before the sneezing worsends. After that Sanghyun gave her a huge shirt to sleep in while her clothes were being dried up. It rained all night so she decided to just call Chae Rin to tell her that she would be staying at her brother's place. She's lucky that none of Sanghyun's friend were dumb enough to touch his noona. But even they were dumb, they look up to Dara too much to even lay a finger on her.

She went out of the room and went straight to the laundry room to get her dry clothes.

The place was empty and quiet, save from the soft snores of Sanghyun who slept in the couch because Dara-noona was using his bed.

Dara put on her clothes, left a note for Sanghyun on the refrigerator and slipped out of their penthouse before any of the occupants woke up. Thank goodness her first class doesn't start until 10AM. According to her watch she still had 2 hours before English 101 so she might as well get some breakfast and coffee at the Fresh Brew Cafe.

She walked pass the neighboring penthouse of his brother and got the eerie feeling that someone was watching her from inside. She quickened her pace towards the shuttle bus stop hoping and praying that the eerie feeling would go away.

"What are you looking at?" Daesung asked Jiyong, also looking out the window. Even if the figure's back was facing them he could recognize the skinny structure and shoulder-length apple hair.

"Isn't that the girl who called you an -hole the other day? What what her name again? Sandara Park?"

Jiyong smirked. "Yes that's Sandara Park." He answered looking away from the window and the girl that just went inside the shuttle bus. He went to the couch at the living room and propped down on it grabbing the remote from TOP's hand.

"I plan to find out everything that I can about her."

TOP turned his body to him and cocked an eyebrow at his best friend. He placed his elbow on the head rest of the couch and rested his head on his closed fist. "What are you planning to do? You don't mess with a girl like that G-D. She's Thunder's noona after all. How would you like it if a complete jerk decided to hit on Boa-noona?"

Jiyong scowled at him. "Yah, Seunghyun, are you saying I'm a complete jerk?"

"I didn't say it like that."

"But you are implying it." He pointed out.

"What are you guys talking about?" Taeyang interupted sitting down in between Jiyong and TOP breaking the hostility between them. He took the remote from Jiyong and switched the channel to an American dance show.

"You remember Park Sandara, right YB?" TOP said returning to the TV a little upset that Taeyang switched the channel to something he doesn't even like to watch.

Taeyang didn't move his gaze from the screen when he talked. "That chick who dumped her food on G-D's shirt yesterday? Sure I do." 

"She called him an -hole too." Daesung added his voice barely audible from the kitchen.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot that one. What about her?"

TOP pointed his thumb over to Jiyong. "Kwon Jiyong here wants to find out everything about her. Go figure."

"Find out everything about who?" Seungri butted in sitting at the very edge of the couch scrunching over the other three men. He stole the remote from Taeyang's hand and switched the channel to Star Movies.

Jiyong rolled his eyes when Seungri decided to join in the conversation. Now the whole house was butting in.

"Park Sandara."

Seungri snickered. Not because he was amused that Jiyong wanted to know more about Dara, but because he knew his chances with her were zero to none according to their conversation the other day. "Seriously? You can't even count the girls that Jiyong had slept with this year on your two hands."

"Yah. I only slept with 11 girls this semester."

"Which is why you can not count it on both hands."

"Hey guys it's time to-"

TOP furiously stood up from his spot in the couch and whirled towards Daesung. "Don't tell me you're gonna switch the channel too?" He fumed walking out of the living room and into his own room.

Daesung obviously confused stared at TOP, then turned to his three friends on the couch. "I was just gonna tell you guys that the food is ready..."

xXx

---The whole house was quiet when Dara stepped inside. "Hello? Anyone home?" She called out taking her shoes off and placing them neatly on the shoe rack beside the door.

"Chae Rin and Minzy went to class." Bom said getting out of the kitchen holding a can of sweet corn in one hand and a spoon in the other. "What time is your class?" She asked putting another spoonful into .

"10 o'clock." She answered walking towards the kitchen.

Bom stepped into the side to let her through, the sppoon of sweet corn still in .

"I need to eat, I'm so hungry."

She opened the fridge and took out a box of cereal and milk. She didn't exactly eat this sorta thing for breakfast and usually Bom (who grew up in the US) was the only person in the house who ate this for breakfast, but it was the fastest thing to prepare.

She dumped a handful of Fruit Loops on a bowl and spilled the cold milk all over it.

Bom walked over to her and sat across her on the table. "Chae Rin said you slept over at your brother's penthouse last night."

Dara shoved a spoonful of cereal into before answering. "Yeah I did."

"What happened anyways?"

"Somehow Seungri got a hold of my picture during a school outing and threatened me to date Kwon Jiyong or he'll let the picture go viral. I turned down the offer, but I was wondering how the hell did he get that picture of me, so I thought, Sanghyun! He's the only person close enough to me and to Seungri for him to get my picture."

Dara threw her hands up in the air after she finished explaining. She was obviously frustrated.

Bom became silent. She put down her spoon and stared at the surface of the table. "This picture..." she started a little awkwardly. "Was it you sleeping while hugging tam-tam and the pad we dared you to wear was bulging out of your pajamas?"

Dara's spoon stopped mid-air. She lowered it down back into the bowl and cocked an eyebrow at Bom. "Yeah... how'd you know?"

Her red-headed friend let out an awkward chuckle and rubbed the back of her neck. "Well... you know how me and Seungri are in the same department? He sorta wanted to borrow my flash disk so I lent it to him and might have forgotten to delete certain pictures of us-"

"Bommie!" Dara whined feeling betrayed.

Bom shield her face with her hands pretending that if she did Dara won't see her. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She apologized again and again. "I forgot the pictres were still there and- "

"It's fine Bom. There's nothing we can do about that now." She sighed and lowered her head.

"Dara..." Bm began lowering her hands to look at her friend.

She almost fell back from her seat when Dara suddenly stood up pumping her fist in the air.

"But if he dares try to do anything to that picture he will experience hell way before he even dies!" She shouted to make her point clear.

Bom sneaked away from her seat a little scared with the way Dara was acting. Well it was her fault in the first place so it was understandable, but seriuosly, it was scary.


Author's Note:

(I haven't proof-read because I didn't have the time, so if the writing is sloppy, please forgive me.)

So you guys are probably a little confused with the story. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. But as of now I'm gonna provied some answers to obvious questions.

G-D's sister here isn't Kwon Dami, but Kwon Boa.

Their school is called University for the Performing Arts. It is a university college that majors in every form of art possible from Dancing, Singing, Acting, Painting, etc. The campus is big and is at the edge of South Korea for it is as big as a whole town (think Mali U from Totally Spies). There are dorms for students, but there are also penthouses for the rich kids.

Anymore questions or reactions? Comment. Seriously. Comment. Author no likey silent readers.