Fragments pt. 1

Played by Fate |HIATUS|

Author's Note: you, before you start reading this chapter, let me just say, I'm sorry. You'll understand when you start reading. Also, everything will all be clear in this chapter and the next. How the fire in thier childhood started, how their father's came from best partners to best rivals, what is really going on inside Dara's and GD's family, etc. From this chapter onwards you'll read more of the insanity going on in Sandara's mafia world. Just a little note, none of GD or Dara's friends know that their families are associated with the mob.

Don't hate me for this chapter guys! Just enjoy, because this is where all the drama starts. Oh and get ready for the longest flashback in this story yet. A flashback that contains 2 chapters! What the hell right? A story within a story. Sorry 'bout that.


Chapter 11
Fragments pt. 1

Dara's breath hitched. It all dawned up on her why he knew so much of her childhood and her father's secret life. Insanity was practically screaming at her face, "He's Yongie!" over and over again.

She turned to look at him and she could see that he was waiting for some sort of reaction from her, but nothing. She just stared at him blankly with a hard face.

Other people that waited in line was telling them to get out of the capsule already because other people were waiting, but their voices slurred in the background. Every whisp of memory from the childhood days she spent with Jiyong hit her smack in the face like cold water. It awakened her senses and put them on full alert. The images started to flash on her mind like crazy.

The party.

The fire.

The whole reason why their father's turned from best associates to best rivals in just a snap of a finger.

"Yongie..." Was the only word she could muster up.

"Dara are you okay?" Jiyong asked and tried to hold her arm but she flinched away from him.

"Don't touch me." She said.

The words stung him a little. Why was she pushing him away?

Something behind Dara's eyelids started to prick. It stung her like crazy but she can't seem to get it all out.

She went out of the capsule and walked away from him. Jiyong ran after her keeping up with her fastened pace. She was gripping the necklace in her hand firmly.

"Dara talk to me." He practically begged, but she just kept walking.

"Sandy..." He called out.

She stopped. Her shoulders were square and silence engulfed her. He reached out a hand and put it on her shoulders, but she brushed his hand away. She turned to him the tears now rolling down her eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked desperation seeping from her voice. "You're making this harder for me Jiyong!" She was screaming now. Other people started to stare at them, but she didn't care. He does not know the danger he is in  right now just because he told her she was Yongie.

"Dara what-"

He took a step forward, but she took a step back.

"Stay away from me."

The words pinched his chest and made him kneel then and there. Why was she pushing him away?

She stared at him so helplessly. Something was up and she wasn't telling him what it was.

Slowly she turned her back to him and walked- no- ran away from him. The whole world around him started to crumble and the only question left on his mind was, "why?"

His knuckles tightened until they were white. He returned back to their penthouse surrounded by a dark aura. He stormed inside   and slammed the door hard enough that the hinges would have broken.

"Hyung, what happened?" Seungri who was in front of the TV asked.

Jiyong didn't reply. Instead he slammed his fist on the wall nearest to him.

The wall didn't break but the sound it produced was a far cry. Daesung and Taeyang's head popped out of the kitchen wondering why he came home like that.

TOP stood from the couch and approached his friend. He put a hand on his back to comfort him, but realized he was shaking. Was he crying?

"GD, what happened with Dara?"

He didn't answer. His whole frame shook with rage and somehow he knew that the rivalry between their parents had something to do with it.

xXx

Dara locked herself in her room the minute she arrived. She avoided the worried stares her friends gave her and ran up to her room to bawl her eyes out.

"Dara..." Bom knocked on her door. "Dara what happened?"

"Dara if that Jiyong did anything to hurt you I am going to slam his head on the wall." Chae Rin threatened, but she still didn't open her door for them.

"Noona..."

Dara sobbed some more. It would have helped if she could tell her friends the situation. She figured it was already time because she practically spent all her teenage years with them. They could read her every move and action yet they never knew that she idle in the mafia world.

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and opened the door.

"I need to tell you girls something." She muttered in a weak voice and let them in. She sat on top of the bed and the three of them followed.

"Is it about Jiyong?" Bom asked placing a hand on Dara's back.

"Partly..." She in a heavy intake of breath and braced herself for the story she never revealed to her friends for exactly 7 years.

"My father has a big part in the mob."

The three girls went silent. She waited for the string of questions to be shot at her but none.

She tilted her head up to check on their reactions but they didn't seem surprised.

"Aren't you scared? Or surprised?" She asked completely forgetting that she had just cried a river.

"Dara, didn't you ever think we saw the men in black trailing us whenever we went to the mall? Or attended parties?" Bom asked her.

"Or had school field trips?" Minzy added.

Dara's eyes widened. There were men guarding her? Even she didn't know that part. Was she really that oblivious to her dad's protection? Maybe that's the reason why no other rivals who knew about her weren't able to get to her. Because her father was actually watching! But there was something else. Something that would probably rattle her friends.

"Did you know that my father is the head of *Chil Sung Pa?"

That's when their jaw dropped to the ground.

"M-mwo?" Bom stuttered.

"That's why you used to live in *Busan!" Minji said.

Chil Sung Pa... the most notorious clan in South Korea, associated with the Japanese *Yakuza. And her father is the head of it.

"So how exactly does this involved Kwon Jiyong?" Chae Rin asked breaking the ice and stirring them towards the clear subject of their topic. That's when Dara remembered she had a story to tell.

"It started when I was still 7 and he was 6. Our father's were close associates with each other and would usually relate their plans whenever they had one. You know? The illegal stuff? They do them together so they were always at our house even if they used to live in *Gwangju...

Flashback

"Did the clan head of the *Inagawa-kai contact you about the arms they needed?" Mr. Kwon had asked during a sitting in their house.

Dara was sitting next to her father in the lounge listening in to their conversation. She still had no idea what they were talking about though because of her young age. What caught her eye was the little boy about her age sitting beside her father's friend.

He looked timid and sat there quietly understanding what the grown-ups were talking about better than her. He took one glance her way and instead of taking his eyes away, he kept staring.

Being the spoiled little brat that she 'used' to be, she stuck her tongue out at him and snapped her head away with an audible "hmpf." But of course, young as she was she was still curious with other kids that weren't her younger siblings. Being a daughter of the mafia meant no going out of the mansion if you don't want a sniper from the enemy to blow off your head senseless.

She took one glance at him and saw that he was still staring. He was also probably curious to see a girl about his age.

Dara narrowed her eyes at him and turned to look up at her father. "Appa, I'm hungry." She whined tugging on his black suit.

Her father gave her a light pat on the head and replied, "Why don't you have the chef make you cake? Bring Jiyong-ah along with you as well."

"Yes Jiyong, why don't you go with Sandara-yah?" Mr Kwon gave his sn a light push causing him to get down from his seat.

She gave Jiyong one look before returning to her father. He was back to talking with Mr. Kwon again.

She lowered herself from the seat and went out of the room. Jiyong was silently trailing behind her.

When she got to the kitchen she asked the head chef to make her a cake stealing knowing glances at the kid sitting next to her. He was eerily silent and she doesn't like silence. He was just staring at the surface of the kitchen counter without even looking at her. Curious as she was she brought a hand up and gave him a light poke in the shoulder, making him look up.

They stared at each other childishly for the longest time possible before she spoke up.

"You're wierd."

He kept on staring at her before bursting out into uncontrolled laughter.

This irritated her so she flicked his forehead. "What's so funny?"

He pointed at her still chuckling. "You're funny."

She puffed out her cheeks in frustration and 'hmpfed' away from him. She stayed silent as he still kept laughing until their cakes were served.

"I'm Jiyong." He introduced in a very child-like manner.

"I'm not telling you my name." She replied stuffing her face with a slice of cake.

Jiyong let out a pout. "Waeyo?"

"You laughed at me!" She accused.

"You flicked my forehead!" He retorted.

"Well... you..." She trailed off thinking of what she would say next. "You should've cried!"

Jiyong stopped grinning and stared at her seriously. "You wanted me to cry?"

"Well no, but it would have been better if you didn't laugh at me!"

He laughed again and started to eat his cake. The two of them did.

She couldn't help but feel a small smile tug at the edge of her lips.

Ever since then they became really close. Even when in the next visit Boa was already there, Dara still played with Jiyong. She felt more comfortable around him rather than Boa. The two girls were still close though, but she rarely visits, unlike Jiyong who would come with his father every time he ssays he'll go to Busan to meet with Dara's dad. Jiyong's ears would instantly perk up and he would jump around saying that he wants to go too.

"Here." Dara gave him something while he was looking at the flowers of her mother's garden.

He took the thing that was in her hand and examined it. "Sandy-noona..." He trailed off calling her by the nickname he made up specialy for her. "This is the necklace your appa ave you for your birthday."

She shook her head gailly. "Now I'm giving it to you."

"Won't your appa be mad at you that you gave me his gift?"

"Appa won't be mad, he never gets mad if it's you." She replied looking away from him and to her mother that was tending with the plants along with her sister Durami and brother Sanghyun.

Jiyong looked down on the ground and saw a flower sticking out. He picked it and placed it on Sandara's ear while she wasn't looking.

"Someday I'll give you something as expensive as this." He cheerfully told her. "But for now I'm giving you this flower."

Do you think we'll be friends for that long Jiyong?" She was looking at him in the eyes when she asked this.

"I'm sure we will be." He replied innocently.

Dara beamed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. It made him blush like crazy but she hand't even noticed.

Yes, he was sure they would always be together until...

"Dara!" he screamed pushing through the falling debris.


Author's Note:

Badum-tsss! So how was that guys? [insert evil grin here]

Well that was part 1 of flashback. Part 2 comming right up next! If you've noticed this '*' in the story then here's your answers:

*Chil Sung Pa - the number one mob in Korea. Chil Sung Pa literraly means "seven stars"

*Busan - it is where the main head quarters of Chil Sung Pa is located

*Yakuza - the Japanese mob

*Gwangjo - the main headquarters of Ssang-Yong-Pa, the mafia that is run by G-Dragon's father.

*Inagawa-kai - the third largest syndicate of the Japanese Yakuza

 I was finally able to use my obsession towards the underground mafia. Too bad my knowledge about them stretches as far beyond as the Sicilian and the Yakuza only. I had no idea about the Korean underground mafia so yeah I googled it. Perfect timing that I put Sandara's plac in Busan too, because it is the real head quarters of the Cil Sung Pa. Now I'll have to do something about Jiyong, being in Busan as well. Fudge I have to make some changes...