Untold Secrets

Played by Fate |HIATUS|

Chapter 4
Untold Secrets

---Dara stared at the clock that was hanging on the left wall of the living room. The TV was on, but she didn't even tear her eyes away from the ticking hands of the wall clock just to check what was on. She was arguing with herself whether she should just get it over with and meet up with 'Kwon Jiyong' at the Morning Brew. There weren't any classes today due to a snap meeting of the faculty caused by the lost funds, so basically she was free today save from their practice this afternoon.

The long hand moved again signifying that it was already 8:57 and that she's supposed to be at the cafe in exactly 3 minutes.

She heaved a heavy sigh and turned to the TV still in deep thought. Should she really go or not? Meetin with him like this is sorta a risk. She didn't like him and she could clearly see that he was interested in her a way that made the hair on the back of her neck stand on ends.

She thought for a while.

Was it really worth her time?

After a few more constant ticking of the seconds she gave up arguing with herself, turned the TV off, stood up and grabbed her bag from the side table.

"I'm going out!" She shouted to inform her friends.

Her voice echoed through the halls of the house and if it wasn't for the sound of heavy brushing that could be heard from the kitchen, she would have thought she was alone inside the building.

"Where are you going?" Minzy asked emerging from the kitchen with a toothbrush still in .

"To meet someone. I'll be back before or after lunch. Don't look for me. Just text." She instructed before rushing to get out of the house.

She fished her keys out of her bag and went directly to the garage.

The Morning Brew cafe was exactly a 10 minutes drive from their avenue and if she went on full throttle she could be there in approximately 7-8 minutes. 5 minutes if the other students decided not to take their cars today making the road clear, but she was wrong. This was exactly the day where the students decided to take their cars instead of the shuttle buses. She actually took 15 minutes to get to the cafe instead of 10.

When she did arrive at the cafe she drove her car around the curb and parked at the empty lot just outside it. After getting out she looked around for a familiar black sedan, but only found a few convertibles, silver porsche and a white bentley that just parked a few lots away from her.

Heaving a heavy sigh, she got out of her white range rover and walked casually towards the entrance of the cafe. After stepping inside her eyes scanned the whole area looking for the achingly familiar face of someone that could make her face scowl at his sight, but found none. Not even a few familiar faces to come up and talk to just so she can save herself from the embarassment of coming there for nothing.

Maybe it was just a joke? Maybe the text she got  was some sort of prank to irritate her?

These possibilties ran through her head. She bit her lower lip and decided to just leave the dump. She whirled around on her heels and took one step forward without looking where she was going and bumped into someone who just entered the cafe. She tilted her head up to see who she bumped into. It just made her heart skipped a bit.

Kwon Jiyong grinned. "I knew it was you who just entered." He said holding her on each shoulder. "Sorry I'm a little late. I sorta over-slept."

Dara just stared at- no- gawked at him.

He was really the one who sent her the text?

"Uhm..." He mouthed.

This was getting a little awkward now since he was after all, the famous Kwon Jiyong of UPA and he was with Park Sandara, the treasure of the Theatre Arts department.

Realizing their situation the heat creeped up Dara's face. She pushed him away and rubbed her arm bashfully.

Jiyong was not in a different state. He was looking at the floor while rubbing the back of his neck.

He laughed coyly and said, "Let's go take a seat."

Dara didn't answer. She simply stared at him and waited until he chose a table at the far end of the cafe. She reluctantly followed him there and took a seat just across him.

Jiyong followed her every move with his eyes admiring her beautiful facial structure. She wasn't exactly what you could say hot and he's slept with curvier girls in his life but she was by far prettier than any girl he'd seen so far. Her face was perfectly sculpted and put in the right places that even without make-up she would look so much as a goddess.

He hadn't realized that he was already staring at her like a fine specimen if her eyebrows didn't poke up.

"Has anyone ever told you that you were beautiful?" He suddenly blurted out of no where. He didn't exactly mean to say what was on his mind, but he didn't really regret the fact that he did.

Dara was taken aback by the compliment she almost went soft then and there, but she remembered she was here to talk business. Not to exchange sappy compliments.

"My mom, my dad, my brother... practically a lot. So drop it Kwon Jiyong. What do you want from me?" She asked him a little coldly.

Jiyong chuckled forcefully and his cheek inside his mouth. "So you really just want to talk business."

Dara cocked an eyebrow. "Isn't that why you called me here?"

"Aren't you gonna ask me how I got your number first?"

Dara stopped talking. She hadn't thought of asking him that question ever since she left the house.

A waiter had interrupted their little talk and gave them a menu, but Jiyong stopped him by holding his hand up. "I'll have black coffee for me and my friend."

Dara's eyebrows arched up. How'd he know that she liked her coffee black.

He chuckled, getting the mental image she was sending. He leaned across the table and neared his head towards her causing her to lean back into her seat. He could feel the eyes inside the cafe turned towards them out of curiousity but he didn't flinch. He loved the attention he was gaining from other people.

Jiyong chuckled yet again and reached out to pull her back. "I'm not gonna do anything." He told her before leaning into her ear. "I know a lot about you Sandara Park, you're an interesting girl you know that?"

She pushed him back into his seat forcefully not only because she was uncomfortable with their position, because she wanted to see his face if he was joking or not.  "What do you know Jiyong Kwon?"

He smirked and picked up the table napkin on his side before placing it back down again for no reason. "A lot more than you think. I could manipulate you for all I care."

There was an aura oozing off of his being and it sorta scared Dara a bit. She wanted to scream at him and throw violent words just like what Chae Rin or Minzy did whenever they were pissed, but she patiently waited for him to finish talking.

"Let me guess, you're friends don't know about this little 'family business'? Sources told me father dearest is trying to get a hold of mommy and kids because he's looking for an heir." He smirked and stared at Dara with an intimidating look. "So who has he called Miss Park? You or brother Sanghyun? He probably has sister Durami with him by now."

Dara wanted to lunge at him that time. She wanted to wrap her hands around his neck and choke him until he suffocates and dies from lack of oxygen, but she held herself and glued her into the seat. She didn't want to start a scandal. Especially now that her little secret is out.

"What do you want?" She asked through gritted teeth. Her eyes were red with anger and her nose was flaring. Jiyong thought he could actaully see horns sticking out of her head and bat wings springing out of her back.

He was pissing her off. No, he was irritating her to a whole new level that could turn her into a murderer.

He dropped the bomb and the smile faded from his face. "Do you want me to help you train for your contest?"

Dara's irritation went down greatly. "Mwo?"

Jiyong heaved a heavy sigh. He knew she would have this kind of reaction. After all he just was just feeding the fire of her irritation then he suddenly offers to help her for the contest.

"I wanna help you train for the contest. I know this KTV bar that my friend owns so we can use it for free, but it's outside UPA so we need to drive there. It will probably take 30 minutes or so to-"

"Why are you doing this?" Dara sked, cutting him off.

His breath hitched from the question. He already had his answer, but he's not ready to tell her just yet.

"Consider it an apology for lying to you a few days ago."

"So your lie wasn't your revenge for me dumping my lunch on you?"

Jiyong blinked once. Did she actually just think that?

His lips tugged at him to smile. This girl... she's... something.

"Not at all. So what do you say? Will you consider me training you?"

Dara tapped her chin with her index finger pondering the offer and it's possibilities and consequences. "So let me get this straight. All I have to do, for you not to tell everyone I quit the play for the contest and about my... father... is that I should just train with you?"

hearing those words come out of her own mouth, she can not believe it herself. It was just too easy.

"Yes that's only it." He repied.

She dropped her hand and stared at him in disbelief. "That's really it? No strings attached?"

"Why can't you trust me on this?"

"Because I don't." She snapped.

"Ouch."

That really hit Jiyong's ego smack dab in the bull's eye. The last thing he wanted was for this girl not to put his trust on him.

"Let's make things clear Kwon Jiyong." Dara began, staring him down. It didn't feel right for Jiyong to be stared down. He had four tattoo's on his body for christ sake but here's a girl that can make him feel so puny.

"I don't like you and I don't know if I ever will. I don't know your motive for doing this, but whatever it is, it's probably not good. So I'm warning you G-Dragon, if you know who I really am, I suggest you don't try anything stupid because you don't know what I can do." She warned getting up from her seat not even bothering to wait for the coffee he ordered for them both.

Jiyong followed her out of the cafe still not done with their talk. She was taking long strides for someone who wasn't very tall. It was irksome letting other people see a girl walking out on him and him chasing this girl after wards. Usually he did the walking out and the girl did the chasing.

When she was about to enter her car, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"I'm not gonna do anything to you Sandara-sshi-"

"Oh so we're being formal right now too?" She cut off rolling her eyes.

"Listen." He lightly shook her arm to make her shut up. She did.

"I'm doing this for a reason. A reason I can't tell you now. Believe me Sandara, if anything I don't want to be enemies with you."

Dara snatched her hand back and glared at him. "Then stop bothering me."

She went inside the car and slammed the door at him. She was really confused. Why would he try and pull that stunt on her?

She shoved the key inside the ignition and drove off leaving Jiyong standing there just watching as Sandara Park walked out on him.

With a shake of his head he too walked to his car. What else should he do there since the talk was obviously done. Somehow though, he feels as if he's forgetting something. Something that should make him go back inside the cafe.

"It's probably nothing..." He muttered to himself before finally driving off.

Inside the cafe a waiter was staring at the empty table in front of him. He turned to the other costumers and asked, "Has anyone seen the two costumers sitting here?"

xXx

"You told him what!?"

If on any other day you would guess that it was Chae Rin who almost pulled her hair out when you heard that, but no. It was Bom who was really surprised when Dara told her she was gonna train with Kwon Jiyong.

"Dara, that guy is a Bad Boy. A title he's been holding since he was in middle school!" She exclaimed flailing her hands around. "He justt lied to you about your brother a few days ago and here you are telling us that you're gonna train with him?"

Dara narrowed her eyes at her and pointed an accusing finger. "He lied to me, but he didn't give away his flash disk that has an embarassing picture of me."

"That was not on purpose and you know that! And besides, I'm your best friend. There's an exemption."

Dara and Bom engaged at a staring contest. No glares were involved, but intimidating stares that sent unsaid messages between two best friends with a mutual understanding.

"I think it's a great idea for Dara-noona to be training with Jiyong-oppa... I mean, he is a top-notcher at the Modern Arts department right? The teacher gives him loads of credit for all his work." Minzy stated interupting Bom and Dara's little game.

"That's true but, aren't we competing against his group?"

"Boys and Girls category are seperated Bom. Read the guidelines again." Dara told her.

Bom huffed her cheeks and turned to Chae Rin who was calmly analyzing the situation at the other side of them room with her arms crossed.

"You're silent. What do you have to say about this?"

Dara stared at Chae Rin. It was her opinion that mattered the most ever since they voted her as leader of the group.

She shrugged. "I think it's an oppurtunity for noona to train with G-Dragon."

"Wait so you're all right with this?"

"I don't mind."

"Okay... well... uhm..." Dara cleared so she can get the words out. "I gotta go now. He texted me last night and told me to meet up with him at the school entrance at exactly 9:00."

"Are you taking your car?" Chae Rin asked once Dara was at the door.

"Yeah I am." She answered before going out of the house and out of their sight.

"Noona... were you..." Minzy started when she heard the soft purr of Dara's car fade away into the distance.

Seeing this Chae Rin smirked. "Yes I was Minzy."

She waved a dismissive hand and walked off leaving only Bom and Minzy.

Minzy sighed and shook her head. "I thought so..."

Bom turned to Minzy obviously confused. "Was she the one who what?"

"Who gave Dara-noona's number to Kwon Jiyong."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well..."

Flashback

Minzy and Chae Rin were talking quietly in the hallway when someone achingly familiar called out to them.

"Yo Gong, Lee!"

It was Kwon Jiyong.

"What do you want oppa?" Minzy asked him.

If Dara had some sort of irritation towards this boy, Minzy and Chae Rin didn't, so they can handle him as calmly as they can possibly could because he was not really trouble for them.

"I was wondering. Do you guys have Park Sandara's number?"

Chae Rin narrowed her eyes at him until it turned into straight lines. "We're her friends." She stated matter-of-factly.

Jiyong looked like he was hit smack dab in the face by the obvious. "Oh yeah... that's right. Uhm can I ask for it?"

"Why?"

"Because I uh... "

"Oppa, we're not sure if Dara-noona would like it if we gave you her number. She's not really... uhm... how do you say it? Fond of you." Minzy told him.

"I'm not gonna do anything to it. I just want to text her."

"I gotta get to class oppa." Minzy tugged at Chae Rin and tugged at her arm. "Let's go noona?"

"You go ahead Minzy."

Minzy nodded her head and walked away not even wondering why Chae Rin wanted to stay for a little while longer.

End of flashback

"So I guess maybe that's how she gave Dara-noona's number. I don't know why she did it though."

Bom sighed. If Chae Rin was the one who gave it then she must have had a reason. After all, she doesn't just give like that. Especially ssantoki's number. Especially since she knew that the girl had a lot of "secret admirers" lurking in the shadows.

"All right." Bom sighed. "But if Kwon Jiyong does anything to ruin our ssantoki, I am going to personally bring him down."

"But weren't you the one who gave Seungri-oppa the-"

"We don't talk about that in here Minzy." Bom cut off walking out of the scene.

Minzy sighed. This is what she gets for making friends with uptight girls. They seriously need a vacation so they can relax just a tad.

And in a few more hours that's exactly the first thing that Kwon Jiyong had thought.

"You're so uptight Dara-sshi, why don't we try again with another song?" He suggested choosing from the song list. He looked up from the list to check on Dara only to see that she was still on the same spot right at the edge of the couch being as far away from him as possible.

"Maybe if you get out of this room then I could possibly relax."

Jiyong snickered and edged closer towards her. "No can do. If hyung gets here and I'm not around he might leave thinking I set him up on a blind date."

"Who is this 'hyung' of yours anyway?"

"I don't know if you know him, but I think you do. He is quite famous after all."

The way he said this made him look malevolant as if he was the one who were famous.

"Really? Who is he then?"

Just as Jiyong was about to anser the door of the KTV room swung open and a really familiar face poked in. "Jiyong, are you here?"

Dara looked up. Her eyes widened and her jaws dropped to the floor.

"S-seven?"

Hearing his stage name being called out, Dong-wook turned towards the voice. "Hi."


Author's Note:

Lazy writer is too lazy to proof-read. By the way, does anyone know a good graphic creator for the banner, character sheet and chapter covers? I'd do it myself but I am too busy and- like I said- I'm a lazy-.

Anyways, to my reader Haruhiana, I know that girl to older girl in Korea is unnie and that noona is used by boys, but I used "noona" because I notcied that Minzy calls Dara noona rather than unnie.