Romeo and Juliet

Played by Fate |HIATUS|

Chpater 13
Romeo and Juliet

"I'm sorry, they barged in the minute I opened the door." Bom apologized emerging from behind the two men.

TOP had an apologetic expression on his face while Jiyong... he was just simply mad and frustrated. Just a few hours ago he poured his heart oout for the girl he'd been waiting for, for almost 17 years and she simply walks away from him telling him she's making it hard? Where the hell did that come from all of a sudden? The rejoicing and the re-uniting that he had anticipated hadn't even happened one bit.

Dara attempted to stand from the bed but Jiyong marched his way up to her and pushed her back down.

"Woah Jiyong no need to be rash." Chae Rin said getting in between him and Dara, earning a glare from him.

He was near his boiling point now. He was confused and he just wanted to turn away, but he couldn't. Not when he doesn't have his answers. He told her his answers so why is she keeping hers from him?

Dara heaved a heavy sigh and lightly pushed Chae Rin aside. "No it's okay, I'll talk to him."

Chae Rin moved away hesitantly and pulled Minzy with her out of the bed. They went over to TOP and Bom who was just as dumbstruck as them.

Jiyong was flaring. He knew that their father were rivals but he thought that once he told his father about reconciling with the daughter of his former commrade, maybe then the two men would rekindle their relationship with each other and reconsider working together again.

Dara looked over Jiyong's shoulder towards her friends on the bedroom door. "Can you leave us alone for a while?"

Her voice was calm and serene. The total opposite of Jiyong's voice who was seething with anger.

They hesitated to leave at first, but with a tug from Chae Rin all of them complied and left the two alone.

Dara turned her attention back to Jiyong, her face stained with dry tears. Her expression was blank as she just gazed at him and waited for him to calm down. Just as he had waited for the little deaf girl earlier that day to stop crying.

Silence engulfed them. None decided to speak up. They just stood still with Dara sitting at the foot of the bed and Jiyong looking down at her.

Seconds ticked away, but still the silence continued to engulf them. It was then that Jiyong had enough when he let out an exhasperated sigh and sat beside her.

The bed bounced from his weight startling her a bit.

"I expected you to be happy when you found out, but why?" He asked, his voice much calmer than when he barged into her room.

Dara bowed her head to stare at her lap, afraid to tell him the truth. She was happy. More happy than she could have ever been in her entire life, but knowing that she had a duty to tell her father that she found the successor of Ssang Yong Pa made it hard for her heart to succumb to the happiness he brought. The thought of her father wanting him dead brought agony inside her. She wanted this whole childish rivalry to end, yet she doesn't know what to do for her father didn't want her involved in this life anymore than she doesn't.

"Is it about your father?"

Dara turned to him with a blank look on her face. He was staring right at her eyes, boring deep into the windows of her soul. She couldn't do anything else but nod as she once again looked away.

Silence engulfed them once again with Jiyong staring up at the cieling as he leaned on his arms. Dara took this oppurtunity to tlk and tell him what she'd been wanting to say ever since the fire when the were kids subsided.

"I don't blame you, you know." She muttered.

He scoffed and didn't turn to her. "You're father does. I heard our dads arguind when we were still in the hospital."

Adain, another round of silence decided to cover them with its blanket. They were trying to live the moment and absorb all that was happening like a sponge.

"Why didn't you call when you returned to Korea?" He asked, finally breaking the ice.

Sure they were still young back then, but having loads of money in their pockets means easy contact with eachother. Plus it was easier because Dara was no longer living with her father.

Her lips twitched at his question. How can she tell him that the reason she hadn't called was because an assasin was trailing her if she would make contact with him. THe hired killer probably gave up on following her after 10 years of not ever seeing him again.

"I..." She began, but she couldn't seem to find the right words to puzzle the statement she needed to explain herself. She was a bad liar, but lying at this moment would be the most futile thing to do.

Before she could open to speak, but was only left stunned with silence when she felt his arms slowly wrap around her.

"I don't care whatever reason you have. You do not leave me like that again. Not without saying your proper goodbye." He said, his voice almost in a low whisper.

She couldn't help the tears that threatened to fall again. He was really making it hard for her. She doens't know if she should be a good daughter and oblige with what her father wants or should she return to the arms that used to be so small? She cared deeply for Jiyong. Even when they were still kids back then. When he still called her 'noona' because he knew he should respect those who are older than him.

"Maybe if we talked to our father's... maybe they could reconsider." He told her as she burried his face on her shoulder that was slightly shaking from her crying.

He doesn't really get it. They can't talk to their father's now. Especially when her own father wanted to him to be lying lifeless inside a wooden box 20 feet under the dirt.

"I can't..." She whispered in between her sobs.

Jiyong didn't let her go and kept his arms around her, keeping still as she slowly began to speak.

"Jiyong, it's impossible."

She moved her hands to the arms that engulfed her and slowly pried them away. Even his arms couldn't provide her the security she wanted. She lightly pushed him away from her and scooted a few inches away.

"Can we just forget about everything and go back to strangers?" She asked from him.

This enraged him greatly. He abruptly stood up from the bed to look down on her while she tried her best to avoid his burning gaze.

The others could hear Jiyong shouting and screaming upstairs and they could not do anything but sit and wait.

"Aigoo, this is all so complicated." Bom squeeled covering her head with a throw pillow. TOP was right beside her while Minzy sat on the floor and Chae Rin was pacing in front of them.

"This is like the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet only instead of battling families, they have battling mafias." (I thank my reader joweleg for the idea)

TOP's head immediately shot up from what Minzy said. "What did you say?" He asked his eyes widening.

Chae Rin stopped pacing to look at TOP. "Jiyong didn't tell you anything?"

"Tell me what?"

Bom slowly lowered the pillow on her head to look at her boyfriend who hasn't a clue about the battling mafia bosses that is also known as Jiyong and Dara's father's.

*disk scratch*

"That's why he- but then the guy following- the reason why his-"

Realization dawned in on TOP as he slowly felt the world around him shrink. "."

They laughed at him for not knowing about his best friend's identity for years that they've been together. Guess girls had more knack on observing than guys after all.

The soft round of laughter they shared died down a bit when they heard the door to Dara's room shut close. It was audible, but they were waiting for it so they were all ears.

All of their eyes shot to the staircase waiting for two figures to descend.

"Let's go home Seunghyun." Jiyong stated walking past them in the living room with a stoic face on.

"I'll see you tomorrow Jiyong." Dara said before going back up to her room.

TOP looked back to the girls with a "what-the-hell-happened?" expression on his face, but even the girls didn't have the answer. He just followed his best friend out the house and shut the door with him.

Bom, Chae Rin and Minzy on the other hand ran up to Dara's room and barged inside instantly.

"Spill." Bom immediately said when she saw her laying on top of the bed with a small smile plastered on her lips.

They crashed their bodies on the bed making her bounce on top of it.

Dara sat up and composed herself before saying, "Kwon Jiyong just became my boyfriend."


Author's Note:

What the hell did I just do? LOL I'm sure you guys are wondering what happened between them right? I purposely switched the scene to TOP and the others to torture you, buahahahahaha!! Sorry... Had my moment there. Anyways, if you guys wanna know what really happened to them, I will reveal it on the next chapter. I'm really trying my best to piece this story right because I feel like I really did horrible on it.

Comment Replies:

jackiejhie ---> hello new reader! LOL

amership ---> I'm talking about an assassin Dara in another story, not this story silly xD but you're suggestion is genius!

star12341998 ---> no secret position in this story, I was thinking of another story wekek~

veekay ---> I'm sorry for making you sad, I hope this chapter made it up ^_^

tmgd21 ---> thank you so much! but that assassin story is gonna wait for a while xD

Loveless3 ---> I wanna see a badass Dara too, I haven't read a fic about her killing yet so yeah... am I really that bad???

joweleg ---> you know, I really love you for pointing out the Romeo and Juliet tragedy... gave me an idea xD

icegirl ---> superfierce... I like that, a change from just plain old fierce Dara eh?

lovethynne ---> are you a mind-reader?? o.O

AlohaYB ---> thank you xD


Omo! Guys before I forget, I'm inviting you to check out my story Blackout. Just click the link provided or just simply scroll trhough the Recent Stories bar at the bottom of the advertisement ^_^ Those who likes mafia wars will enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it. BTW, this was actually written before Played by Fate. Read the foreword *wiggles finger*