Memories Of Us

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

 

Chapter 8

Memories Of Us

~Author’s POV~

Jaejoong spent almost all of his time thinking of the possible explanations why his past, apparently, seemed to change. After talking with Changmin (which earned him a lot of confused looks from the maknae), Jaejoong realized that he was not Lee Jun, and Changmin was not Ha Ju.

Jaejoong looked into his drawers, hoping to find his birth certificate, and some school files. His birth certificate showed that he is Kim Jaejoong. Crossing his fingers, he slowly looked at his high school diploma.

“Seoul Academy For Boys.” He whispered. Memories of his “life” with Kyoung Mi flashed in his eyes. He could not believe anything. He knew he was Lee Jun. He was a geek, an isolated geek. He studied in Seoul High. He was Kyoung Mi’se senior.

“No.” Jaejoong whispered, his hands shaking as his eyes were glued on the piece of paper.

He rummaged under his bed, and pulled out a dusty brown bag. This was where he kept old items before he debuted. He took out pictures from its side pocket and furiously looked at each one, tossing away one after another. He desperately tried to find his pictures with Kyoung Mi, but it was no use. There was just no trace of their relationship.

“This can’t be happening.” He held his head in his hands. “Kyoung Mi.”

------------------------------

Mimi was walking along the aisles of the shoe shop, looking for a new pair of high cut shoes for her dancing. She chose a pair that reached an inch above her ankle, colored with a few of blue. She sighed happily, left the shop and started walking along the sidewalk towards her apartment.

Upon passing through an accessories shop, her head started throbbing.

“Ow.” She stopped walking, closed her eyes, and massaged her temples, trying to ease the pain, but it just worsened.

Images of her with a man in that jewelry store flashed in her mind.

~Memories~

“That’s not a couple shirt.” He said.

She pouted and turned to put it back. He pulled her hand and spun her around. “Just kidding.” He said as he planted a kiss on her forehead. “Oppa will buy anything you want.”

She smiled shyly and nodded. He handed the shirts to the nearest sales lady without looking away from Kyoung Mi who had her head bowed.

“Kyoung Mi.” He whispered.

“Huh?” She lifted her head.

“I love you.” The sides of her lips lifted. “I don’t expect you to say you love me too. I won’t rush you, but I want you to know that I will do anything for you, anything to make you happy.”

~End of Memories~

Tears formed in her eyes as the pain slowly subsided. She found herself already leaning against a post, earning glances from the passersby.

“Joesonghamnida.” She said, bowing towards the people.

She sighed and leaned back against the post. Who was that? She asked silently.

Her eyes wandered towards the said shop, which happened to be right in front of her.

“This shop.” She whispered. “Was it something we used to go to?”

Thinking of the guy Lee Jun made Mimi unexpectedly sad. To her, Lee Jun was someone to be mad at for leaving her. She was supposed to be mad, not lonely because of his absence.

Why am I feeling like this? She asked, clutching her chest. I should not be longing for his presence.

-------------------------------

Jaejoong stared at her silently as he stood behind an alley wall. He saw her expression change from happy to hurt. As much as he wanted to ease the pain for her, he knew he could not. He and Mimi didn’t have any kind of relationship, and he knew Mimi would suspect if he was to act too caring for her.

Even with a lot of questions still in his mind, Jaejoong decided to believe that he wasn’t Lee Jun. As much as he wanted not to, there was not a single proof that the life he knew really did exist.

“You were just a dream.” He whispered. “I wish I never woke up.”

Tears slide down his face as he kept his gaze on the girl he loved.

“I miss you.” He said, choking as he cried harder. “I love you. So much.” With one last look at Kyoung Mi, he turned around and walked back to the dorm.


I'm just too sad for them. :'(

How about you? How do you feel?

Please leave your comments. ^^