Acceptance and Return

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

Please excuse my typos. I just wanted to post this up already so I'll check it some other time. :))

Enjoy!

Chapter 5

Acceptance and Return

~Author’s POV~

It had been 2 weeks since the start of DBSK’s new dance rehearsals, yet Jaejoong still has no way of confirming his suspicion: every thing, every single thing was a dream.

He didn’t want to think that way, but seeing that Kyoung Mi hates him and Changmin apparently isn’t Ha Ju, he couldn’t think of any other explanation.

Another question yet to be discovered by him was: Is he the real Park Lee Jun?

Who was that person who called Mimi? Was it Jaejoong? Or another person pretending to be Lee Jun? Or the real Lee Jun?

 

It was late afternoon and each member was in his respective room in the dorm, resting after a day of interviews and photo shoots. Mimi was inside the small room given to her to serve as her dance studio when they’re not in the company building.

“They are better than I expected.” She said over the phone.

“So you’re enjoying yourself?” The girl on the other end asked.

“So far, yes. But-“ She paused.

“But what?”

“One of the members mentioned your oppa, Ha Neul.” Mimi whispered. “He didn’t say if he knows him or what. He just asked if I know someone named Park Lee Jun.”

It was a few seconds before Ha Neul answered. “You think he knows oppa?”

“Molla. [I don’t know.] And I can’t just go ask him, right?”

“Right.” Ha Neul said. “But, Kyoung Mi-“

“Mimi.” She corrected her.

“Mimi. What if he knows where to find him?” Ha Neul asked.

“I wouldn’t care.” Mimi answered immediately. “I’ve got to go. Need to check on their dance.” And she hung up.

Lee Jun my . Screw him.

Knock knock

The door of the studio, revealing Jaejoong in a simple white shirt and black sweatpants. “May I come in?” He asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Mimi said, turning back to her laptop, re-watching the practice video of Mirotic’s first part while sitting on the floor. “Anything wrong?”

“Am I allowed to come only when something’s wrong?” He asked mockingly.

“Not really.” She laughed. “But Kim Jaejoong talking to me is a very rare thing. So, what’s up?”

Jaejoong just smiled and sat on the floor in front of her. “Everyone else is asleep and, well, I guess I haven’t had the chance to really talk to you. You know, bad start and awkwardness after that.”

“Yeah.” She sighed. “Don’t worry. Forgot about that already. Why aren’t you resting anyway?”

Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders. “I had the urge to talk to you.”

Unexpectedly, Mimi felt her cheeks flush pink. “Wae? Something about the choreography?”

“Ani.” Jaejoong scanned her figure and couldn’t help but admire how y she grew. “I. . .  I really wanted to talk to you.”

“About what?” Mimi asked without taking her eyes off the laptop screen.

“I wanted to ask if. . . If we could, you know, try getting close?” Jaejoong muttered, playing with his fingers. “I don’t know. I can’t say I like you the way the others do, but—“

“But you’re saying you like me.” Mimi smirked at him. “I don’t even believe anyone who says he likes me, but yeah, I’d like to get to know you. Don’t know how it feels like to have a guy friend. Who knows, we might become best friends someday.”

Jaejoong smiled, his heart contented by the fact that she wasn’t pushing him away.

This is way better than having her hate me. Maybe I shouldn't bring up the Lee Jun topic anymore. He thought.

They talked for 30 minutes until Jaejoong finally felt sleep eating him and fell asleep right there in the studio.

Mimi smiled, seeing him rolled up in front of her. She slowly reached out to brush his hair from his eyes. “Such a beautiful person. I wonder what makes him sad. His eyes reveal everything.”

 

~Some Other Place~

“Talked to her?” The blonde guy asked as he sat across his friend inside a club’s private room.

“Yeah.” He answered, sitting back gloomily against the couch.. “She sounded odd though. She should know me.”

“It’s been 3 years, dude. What do you expect? Of course she’d have moved on without you.” The blonde guy said, taking a sip from his can of soda.

“Knowing her, she’d wait for me. She loved me too much. And I loved her back.” The black-haired guy said. “I still do.” He whispered softly.

“We’ll know when you see her.”  The other said matter-of-factly. “Right now, can we focus on our activities? The others might notice your behavior.”

His friend nodded reluctantly and stared at his phone once again, brushing his thumb on the photo of the only girl he loved.

“Kyoung Mi-ah, wait for oppa, okay? Oppa’s really sorry, but I’ll be back. Soon.” He whispered and followed his blonde friend out the club.


 

Please leave your comments. ^-^

More comments = greater motivation. <3