Mianhae

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

I finished this just now, so please spare me for whatever typos I may have committed. :))

Chapter 7

Mianhae

 

~Author’s POV~

Mimi was on her way to DBSK’s dorm when someone tapped her shoulder.

“Oh, Donghae-shii!” She bowed to him with a smile.

“You going to their dorm?” He asked.

“Yeah. The recording of their music video is today. I have to go with them.” She answered. “Don’t you have a busy schedule? Why are you here in the open without any disguises?”

Donghae looked around and shook his head. “It’s too early for the streets to be packed.”

“’Cause it’s a Sunday.” Mimi said. “If it’s a weekday, this street would be packed with students and workers.”

“That’s why I don’t take strolls during weekdays. Shall I walk you there?” Donghae offered.

Mimi nodded and they continued walking together.

 

“How long have you been with DBSK?” Donghae asked.

“A few months.” Mimi answered. “I haven’t been dancing for long. I started just last year.”

“But you’re really good.” Donghae said, giving her a warm smile.

“Chinchayo?” Mimi giggled. “I never thought of dancing before.”

“Then what brought you into it?” He asked.

“There was a point in my life that I wanted to change everything about me.” She answered simply. “My name, my school, my hobbies, my style. I changed everything.”

After what she said, Donghae’s eyes turned sad.

“Why?” He asked. “What made you do that?”

“He left me.” Mimi said. “I loved him so much yet he just left me. He could have given me a letter or something before he left, but nothing, not even a word.” She sighed and laughed. “This is so funny.”

“What’s funny?” Donghae gave her a confused look.

“This. How I feel at ease with you. I haven’t been open about this topic with anyone else since my last talk with my best friend. And we just met yesterday. I don’t know.” She shook her head and smiled. “Maybe because you’re a good person.”

Mimi stopped walking. “We’re here. Do you want to come in?”

Donghae smiled and shook his head. “I need to go back to our dorm. Just wanted to walk you here.”

“Oh.” Mimi said. “Thank you, Donghae-shii. Take care!” She bowed to him once again then entered the dorm.

 

~Donghae’s POV~

‘Maybe because you’re a good person.’

After what you said, I don’t think I’m a good person at all.

Was there ever a time when your felt guilt building up inside you, eating you up slowly until there’s nothing left of you? That’s how I feel right now. That’s how I feel every time I see her- the new her.

Guilt eats me up every second of everyday. Behind my every smile, every laugh and every performance on stage, there is a dark part of my past that lies behind.

Everyone hated me- my family, my classmates, my teachers, my neighbors- everyone but Kyoung Mi.

She loved me for everything I was and not even once considered what others had to say about us. But what did I do? I left her.

I left for my own sake and failed to keep my promise of making decisions for the both of us.

Right after I took my first step inside the plane, I already regretted my decision, but there was no turning back.

And now, fate punishes me by making me see the girl I love transform into a whole new being, forcing everything in her past out of her mind.

“Mianhae.” I whispered as tears started streaming down my face. “Saranghae, baby sunbae.”


So, this is the first time that I'm going to do this, but yeah.

Any suggestions on how you want Lee Jun's story to go? Like, what happened to him throughout the past three years?

Upon receiving suggestions, I will be posting a poll for votation. :D

Please leave your comments!

 ^^