Start All Over

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

Chapter 2

Start All Over

 

~Jaejoong’s POV~

Please take me back to dreamland.

It was all I ever thought as we ate, went to the company building and to the dorm. Looking at Mimi under her boyish clothes, I could tell she really was Kyoung Mi. My Kyoung Mi.

And she hated me.

“Aish!!” I ruffled my hair and plopped down on our couch. We were back in our dorm and I didn’t know what to do about Kyoung Mi.

“Ah, eotteokhae?!!!” I shouted.

“Ya, hyung!” Changmin called. “What’s wrong?”

“What do you mean what’s wrong?” I asked him. “You should know.”

“Huh?” He asked and laughed. “Ya, are we like a couple and I did something to make you jealous and I should know that I hanged out with someone else?”

“Damn you.” I hissed.

“Waeyo?” Kyoung Mi was suddenly in the living room. She sat on the single couch beside Changmin, gulping down a bottle of water. “You’ve been quiet the whole day. . . Jaejoong-shii?”

I wanted to hug her, feel her in my arms despite the new attitude. She’s my girl and I knew it’s my fault why she was mad. But the cold look in her eyes stopped me. It was as if she was sending me a silent message asking ‘What do you know about two-faced Park Lee Jun?’

“Uhm, if you have a problem with me being your new choreographer, you can tell me. I’m willing to adjust for everybody.” She said with a small smile. “Besides, I shouldn’t give you an attitude, should I? Because you’re the almighty DBSK. I don’t want Cassies hunting me all day and night.”

I just looked at her. Is she my Kyoung Mi? I questioned again. My Kyoung Mi wasn’t a person of speaking with an. . . attitude. This Kyoung Mi, Mimi, had a sarcastic note in her voice. And I didn’t like it.

“I’ll be in my room.” I told Changmin and left.

~Author’s POV~

“What’s wrong with him?” Mimi asked when she heard Jaejoong’s door close. “He seems to be in a really bad mood.”

“Don’t mind him.” Changmin said, carelessly swinging his feet over the table. “He’s been having some personal problems for weeks now. He’ll cool down. Don’t worry.”

“Choreographer-shii!” Yoochun sat on the arm of Mimi’s couch.

“Mimi.” She corrected. “And no formalities! It’s embarrassing ‘cause you’re supposed to be my sunbaes.”

“Aigoo.” Yunho came up behind her and ruffled her hair. “Why do I feel like we adopted a kid instead of having a new dance instructor?”

“How can you be so young?” Junsu asked, sitting down beside Changmin. “What would people say if they knew that full-grown men like us have an 18-year old choreographer?”

“Should I leave?” Mimi asked, pointing her thumb towards the door.

“Ani! I didn’t mean that.” Junsu scratched the back of his head. “It’s just that—Aigoo, you know what I mean. Just, are you really that great to be recommended that Lee Soo Man-shii himself?”

Mimi shrugged her shoulders. “I won’t brag about anything. They just say my skills are better than what my time had to offer.”

“Prove it?” Yoochun raised his eyebrows.

Mimi smiled. “We’ll be having a meeting tomorrow for your new album. I’m afraid you would have to wait to see me dance. Please take care of me!”

The guys chuckled and took turns asking her tons of questions.

~The Next Day~

“Ok.” Chun Ju clapped his hands once to get everybody’s attention. They were at SMent building in one of the meeting rooms with some composers, directors, stylists and costume designers. “We’ll be releasing your new album in about 7 months. Song recordings will come first, then music video filming for your title song.”

“Which is?” Yunho asked.

“Mirotic.” Chun Ju exclaimed. “It’s about having a lady under your command, your power, your love.”

“Cool.” Changmin muttered under his breath. “Do we get to have a lady in the music video?”

“Of course.” Chun Ju answered. “But we are still in the process of looking for the rightful one.”

“Pick a hot one, okay?” Changmin winked at the female coordinator who was assigned in casting for their music videos. “And Mimi,” He turned to Mimi who was already busy thinking of a dance concept for their song. “Make the choreography, hmm, , eh?”

Mimi coughed a few times. “Mwo?!”

Jaejoong hit the back of Changmin’s head. “Do whatever you think suits the song. Don’t listen to our erted maknae.”

“Wait!” The female coordinator stood up and asked Mimi to do the same. She looked at her from head to toe, then back up, taking in each feature of Mimi’s face and body. “I think you’ll suit the girl’s part.”

Mimi’s eyes widened. “I beg your pardon?”

“It’s our first day with you, but I can already sense that you’ll be great in the music video.” The coordinator walked towards Mimi. “Her body’s perfect, don’t you think?” She asked all the members of the staff. “Not too simple, not too y. And her eyes. I can see you’ve already experienced so much. . . sacrifices in love.”

“Uhm. . . Aren’t you looking for someone who’s trapped in a man’s grip? Don’t you need a, I don’t know, weak-looking girl? A thin, fragile girl.”

“Ah! Of course that’s what you’d think.” Chun Ju said. “But we thought it would be better if we can portray a bit of struggle in the girl’s part, the struggle to be free, some madness in her eyes.”

“Is madness evident in my eyes then?” Mimi asked the casting coordinator. “I didn’t say that! But what I can see is experience and strong will.”

“Think about it, Mimi.” Chun Ju said. “Our casting coordinator, Mi Yeo-shii, never fails in selecting leads for music videos.”

The others agreed.

Mimi nodded. “I will definitely think about it, Chun Ju-shii.”

“Shall we go back to our own businesses then?” Chun Ju proclaimed and one by one, they left the meeting room, leaving Mimi with DBSK.

“Ya! Mimi, what do you think?” Changmin sat beside her. “Maybe you really should accept the role. You know, we can be partners and all.”

Jaejoong hit his head once again. “I’ll tell manager hyung you’re hitting on her.”

“Hyung!” Changmin whined.

Mimi laughed. “Jaejoong-shii, you’ve spoken a lot more than yesterday.”

Jaejoong stared at her, dazzled by her smile, her laugh. He looked at the lips that he used to kiss, and suddenly, the thought of her being his leading lady in their upcoming music video didn’t seem so bad after all.

“I wasn’t feeling well yesterday.” He said and reached out his hand. “Jaejoong imnida.”

Mimi took his hand and shook it. “Mimi imnida! It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jaejoong-shii. Let’s have a great relationship.”

Jaejoong nodded and watched as she gathered her things and went out of the room.

Relationship. He thought. Of course, you meant friendship. Why should I even expect when you hate me that much?