She's Back

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

I don't want you to wait for so long, so here's the first chapter! ^_^

Chapter 1

She's Back

 

~Jaejoong’s POV~

It felt weird. No, it IS weird. I was sure that every single thing in my “dream” did happen. Having her as our assistant manager, buying couple shirts with her, wrapping my arms around her while we sleep. But what’s happening? I can’t understand.

It has been weeks since I woke up. I tried mentioning it to the others but I’m afraid they might find it weird if I say that it should be 2012 already.

Today, we’re gonna be meeting a new member of the staff. Manager hyung said we’ll be replacing our old choreographer so I did not expect meeting Kyoung Mi because she was never one to dance.

I sat gloomily at the back of the car beside Changmin who kept giving me confused glances. I wonder how I looked like to him- sad, confused, crazy? But none of it mattered. All I thought about was “What’s happening?”

“Did you hear what I said, Jaejoong?”

I jerked my head up when I heard my name.

“Did you hear my question?” Manager hyung asked again.

“I-I’m sorry. No.” I whispered.

He sighed . “You’ve been acting very odd lately, Jaejoong.” He said, looking at me through the rearview mirror. “Anyway, I asked if you’d mind spending the whole day with your new choreographer?”

“I don’t really care.” I said, sitting back.

“Arasso.” Manager hyung said and their conversation resumed.

Despite the zero possibility, I still hoped that our new choreographer would be her.

We finally arrived at the restaurant where we would be meeting him/her. Manager hyung managed to reserve an entire room just for us, which was good since I wasn’t in the mood for fan service.

“Jaejoong-ah.” Yunho nudged my side and looked at me with worried eyes. “Are you still thinking about that Kyoung Mi girl in your dreams?”

Well, I did tell Yunho about it. Only him. He didn’t know, but I was sure that Kyoung Mi wasn’t just a character in my dreams. We definitely were classmates before- friends, lovers. I was played with by her dad and Changmin is Ha Ju. Those things are real. Everything was real, except meeting Kyoung Mi once again.

I’ve never seen her for 3 years already, that’s for sure. I am Hero Jaejoong and I still hadn’t contacted her yet. Is she mad at me? Was my dream a sign about how she is right now? Is she really suffering for my loss?

“Ne.” I answered.

“Maybe you’ve met before.” Yunho said. “You know, before trainee days.”

I just shook my head in dismay. “I need to see her.”

“Annyeong haseyo!” I heard a female voice say.

“Mimi!” Manager hyung walked towards her and hugged her. I couldn’t tell how she looked like because her back was facing me. She was tall with blonde hair reaching a few inches down her back. She was wearing a. . . guy’s blue polo over a black tee, black pants and skateboard shoes. Definitely a dancer.

Everybody else stood up and went to meet her, but I did not.

I want Kyoung Mi. She’s all I need. I thought. I don’t want another girl in my life.

“Uwa! You look so cool!” I heard Changmin exclaim. “Do you dance a lot?”

“Ne.” The girl giggled. “But I’ve never been accepted as a trainee.”

“Wae?” Yunho asked.

“Well, I discovered dancing just last year. And well, maybe they think I’m already too old to train.” She answered. “Besides, I don’t think I can sing good enough.”

“But that’s okay, right?” Junsu said. “If you’re a trainee, then you won’t be our choreographer right now.”

“Ne. That’s true.”

“Ya! No hitting on your new choreographer.” Manager hyung flicked Junsu’s forehead. “Arasso?”

Instead of Junsu, Changmin was the one who pouted. “But hyuuung!”

“Aish. No more complaints. Come on. Let’s eat.”

They all went back to the table with. . . Mimi?

“Okay. Shall we introduce formally?” Yunho asked. “I’ll start.” He stood up and beamed at Mimi. “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Jung Yunho, DBSK’s leader.”

“Hi. I’m Kim Junsu, DBSK’s main vocal.”

“Annyeong. Park Yoochun imnida, DBSK’s lead rapper.”

“Hiiiiii! I’m Changmin, Shim Changmin, DBSK’s one and only maknae!”

Mimi laughed at them, but stopped when she saw I wasn’t introducing myself. “How about you?” She asked.

I did not respond.

“Maybe you should introduce yourself first.” Yunho told her.

She nodded. “Arasso.” She stood up and bowed. “Annyeong haseyo. I’m your new choreographer. You can call me Mimi, but my full name is Park Kyoung Mi.”

“Mimi’s cute.” Changmin commented and they laughed before going back to their food.

Meanwhile, I put my spoon and fork down and just stared at my steak. Park Kyoung Mi? My Kyoung Mi? No. She can’t be. She looks way too different. She seems different all over.

“How did you meet her, hyung?” I asked manager hyung, speaking for the first time.

“She was recommended by Soo Man-shii himself.” He answered.

“How old is she?” I asked. “She looks a little bit too young.”

“I’m 18.” She answered for manager hyung. “And no, I am not too young.”

“Did you even graduate high school?” I asked. I don’t know, but I feel like pouring my anger out on her.

“I did! I graduated from Seoul High and I’m currently studying in Seoul University.” She said proudly, annoying me even more.

You are not my Kyoung Mi. She’s way too different from you. I didn’t want to believe what I was hearing, but it fit perfectly. Kyoung Mi would be 18 by now as well. Same high school. And Kyoung Mi planned of following me to Seoul University as well.

I didn’t want them to suspect me of anything, but I had to ask. I don’t think I could wait much longer for answers.

“By any chance,” I started. “Do you know anyone named Park Lee Jun?”

She stared at me with what? Anger in her eyes?

“Park Lee Jun.” She muttered. “Yes, I know him.”

“You do?” I asked, hope slowly building in my chest.

“Yes.” Then she shook her head. “No, I knew him. Park Lee Jun, the two-faced jerk who played with me. Please don’t mention him again, sunbae-nim. It might not be good for us if he’s gonna be involved.”

Two faced jerked. . . played with me. . . Those words kept replaying in my mind.

She is Kyoung Mi. And she loathes me.

 


 

Please leave your comments! :D