Mimi's Story

I'm Not Her Geek Anymore

Chapter 3

Mimi's Story

~Mimi’s POV~

 

It’s my 2nd day as DBSK’s choreographer. They’re not bad. It’s been fun actually. I was welcomed warmly by everyone, except Kim Jaejoong. Something’s fishy about that guy.  He seems to know Park Lee Jun- the guy whom they say was my first love, but left me eventually.

Was he really my first love? I didn’t know. I rely on their stories about him. The stories that made me dislike him.

 

~Flashback~

“Kyoung Mi-ah.” Someone called out my name, a woman. “Kyoung Mi-ah, please wake up. Wake up now.”

Her voice sounded familiar, too familiar that it irritated me how I didn’t recognize her.

“Don’t force her, Chi Seuk.” A man’s voice said. “She’ll wake up when it’s time.”

“This is all that Lee Jun’s fault, Han Ku!” The woman, whom I guessed was Chi Seuk, hissed. “Our daughter has been going insane because of that person since he left her last year!”

“I know. I know.” Han Ku said comfortingly. “But we can’t do anything about that anymore, right?”

I heard sniffs, but no one spoke anymore. I figured I was Kyoung Mi. They were talking about me, but who were they? Where was I? What was happening? Who was I?

 

Weeks after I woke up in the hospital, I was back in school. Graduation was coming near and I had to catch up on so many things.

“Are you feeling okay?” My best friend, as they said, asked.

I nodded. “Something feels odd.” I straightened on my seat. “Did something happen before my accident? Something my parents won’t tell me about?”

“If they don’t want to tell you, maybe you really ought not to know.” She said and patted my head. “And I don’t think you should remember it.”

“Tell me, Ha Neul.” I demanded. “Please?”

She shook her head. “I’m not sure if I should.”

“Please?”

She sighed and held my shoulders. “Whatever I tell you, don’t take any risky actions, okay?”

“What would I do?” I laughed.

“Stay on the middle of the street and wait for some old big truck to hit you?”

“Is that what happened? I thought it was an accident.” I whispered. “I tried to kill myself.”

She nodded. “Because of Lee Jun.”

Then she told me how I fell in love with the geekiest geek in our school, how I was head over heels for him, how people thought I was blind for choosing him and how I smiled so much just because of him.

“You loved him very much.” Ha Neul said. “But one day, he just left.”

“Left?”

“Yeah. Vanished. Not a word from him ever since. He just disappeared. You were going crazy, too crazy that your mom considered bringing you to a psychiatrist.” She looked at me worriedly. “Are you sure you’re sane right now?”

I nodded immediately. “How was I crazy?”

“You didn’t eat. You didn’t sleep. All you did was cry and stare at thin space. You would always argue with your mom when she tried to feed you or give you your life back. You didn’t study anymore and you grew more distant from other people.” She held my hand in both of hers. “You waited for him everyday. I tried to force you to walk home early with me, but you wouldn’t budge and keep on waiting for him.”

“Didn’t he come for me? Even once?” I asked, hoping the guy I loved didn’t abandon me as harshly as that. “Didn’t he send me messages or something?”

Ha Neul shook her head. “Sad to say, he didn’t.”

“I loved him to bits. He disappeared without a word. I went crazy. Then I committed suicide?” I asked, checking if I was still on the right track.

“Yes. An unsuccessful suicide that is.” She smiled at me as she squeezed my hand tighter. Please don’t do that again, Kyoung Mi. We were so scared.”

I hugged her. “Is that because of a guy?” I scoffed. “How stupid of me. Did he call me Kyoung Mi as well?”

She nodded.

“Then don’t call me that anymore. Let’s throw away everything that involves him.”

~End of Flashback~

 

Since that day, I promised to find him and make him suffer the way I did when he left. He made me, my family and my friends suffer.

My phone rang and I was brought out of my daze.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Kyoung Mi-ah.” A male voice said.

“Nuguseyo?”

“I miss you.” He whispered which made me shudder.

“Who are you?” I asked again.

“Did you miss me?”

“Aniyo. Who are you?” I was growing more and more irritated at the moment. “Would you just tell me who you are?”

“I’ll see you again soon.” He said. “Will you wait for me a little bit more?”

My eyes widened. Who is this man? Why does he know me? What does he want from me? What does he mean by seeing me again soon? Does he know where I am?

“I-I-I do not know you.” I stuttered. “Please don’t call again.”

“Mian.” He whispered. “Wait for me, okay? I’ll be there soon.”

My shaking hand slowly dropped to my side. I didn’t know if I should be scared or annoyed.

I made a straight face when the boys entered the recording studio where I was waiting before they started recording their title song.

“Mimi-ah.” Yunho called me.

“Ne?”

“Kwenchana?” He asked, putting the back of his hand on my forehead. “You’re pale.”

“Ah, n-ne. Kwenchanayo.” I said with a weak smile.

Could it be him? I thought to myself. Could it be that Park Lee Jun?