A relatable show

The Diva's Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you Ning, she just broke down, I’m not sure what happened, but it sounds like it’s because they saw her without her usual representation.”

 

Minjeong, after chasing down a taxi to get back to where she had originally left her car, finally made her way down to the grocery store to check off Jimin’s shopping list.

 

And NingNing, due to the abrupt end to their friend date, had called the blonde for a quick checkup. So now, while picking out a box of cinnamon toast crunch, she had her phone close to her ear with her shoulder, and her other arm carried around a basket.

 

"She’s a celebrity, a really big one at that. She'll be recognized everywhere; it's probably impossible for her to go anywhere without someone screaming at her. Think about it from her perspective. The moment you step out of your house, you just get asked for photos and autographs. She probably feels more like a product than a person."

 

"I thought that at first too, thinking she was panicking because she was rushed by her fans, but no, it was about her clothes and makeup. I just don’t get it, you know?" She chucked some twisties in the basket too.
 


“Actually I think I understand where she’s coming from with that one as well” The woman on the other end, responds.

 

“Really?” the blonde quickly walked back to the previous aisle to grab another box of cinnamon toast crunch.

 

This one’s for me

 

"Well, think about it this way, right? Jimin literally came to fame because of her beauty. It was the way she looked in the beginning that propelled her to where she is now. So I think it’s worth taking that into consideration. It’s likely something happened throughout her career to now that made her the way she is. Also, like I said, since she can’t go anywhere in peace, she’s more than likely always isolated at home. That can take a toll on her mental health as well."

 

Minjeong stops in her tracks, her hand coming to a halt just as she was about to grab a box of Sour Patch Kids.

 

She’s never thought about it like that before… but her friend has a point.

 

As an outsider, she thought everything would have been one easy streamline for Jimin. Being an extra and then slowly making her way to the big screen. To her, that just sounded like a natural trajectory for the makings of a star.

 

Naively, she had always thought it must’ve been easy for celebrities like her.

 

Sign on a few movies every so often,

 

Make millions,

 

Rinse and repeat.

 

Bonus if you’re pretty so even more people are captivated by your presence.

 

But NingNing is right; now that Minjeong thinks about it, Jimin had always been one of those cases where whenever the name is brought up, the first thing that comes to mind is “The woman with Ai Beauty,” but never much else.

 

It’s as if people had forgotten about the person behind the physical beauty.


Now don’t get her wrong, plenty of celebrities these days blow up due to their looks.. but Jimin by far, had been one of the most successful ones…

 

But it just never really occurred to Minjeong to be such a big deal… afterall.. she’s watched Jimin on TV. To her the woman seemed to deserve her place on the spotlight.

 

Not only was she gorgeous on screen, but she makes her characters come to life.

 

She’s like the whole package as an actress. Beautiful and talented.

 

But being someone who is heavily associated with outside beauty must’ve really taken its toll on the A-lister.

 

And in that moment, Minjeong couldn’t help but wonder perhaps something did in fact happen, something memorable enough to serve as a core memory to the point now where everytime Jimin is out, if she doesn’t look her very best, she breaks down.

 

Staring at the Sour Patch Kids that she was still holding, the only thing swirling in Minjeong’s mind was the way Jimin had looked at her today with misty eyes.

 

Sighing, she throws gummies in the basket too.

 

“I think you’re right NingNing… look I better checkout now and make my way back to her, so I’ll talk to you later”
 

 

 



⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

    

 

Minjeong knocks cautiously on her front door. She had the keys to her door, of course, but the events that happened earlier were still very fresh in her mind. She really would rather not walk in suddenly and have another cushion hit her right on the nose.

 

The door opened, revealing Jimin standing behind it.

 

“I bought snacks I BOUGHT SNACKS!” the blonde shields her head with the bag of goodie she just bought from the store hoping to not have to face the actress’ wrath a second time today.

 

“Thanks…” The bag was taken from her hands, and the taller woman retreated back to Minjeong’s couch.

 

Her voice was a lot calmer… she must’ve read Minjeong’s message earlier and had time to ponder on everything…

 

Phew…

 

The blonde was glad things have calmed down… 

 

Especially Jimin in particular.

 

She seems to be taking things in a lot better now.. no more crying or shaking.. just normal Jimin... at least it seem so at the moment anyway.

 

The TV had been , so she must’ve been watching a drama, whilst Minjeong was gone…

 

That’s a good sign… it looks like she’s recovered to her old self.

 

“Minjeong! This is the wrong flavour of twisties” Her words were serious again with a beyond unapproving expression written all over her face as she was flipping through the contents inside. “I’ll forgive you this time, but never again after. You only get one chance”

 

Yeah… definitely back to her old self.

 

“What are you watching?” The manager walks up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter