Not that bad

The Diva's Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My weekend...

 

Minjeong internally whined whilst sitting behind the wheel just minutes away from pulling up in front of Jimin's mansion once again.  

 

I had such an elaborate plan too

 

The blonde continued to pout at the idea of not being able to binge watch her new favourite drama today, but instead she was going to be driving Jimin to whichever mall the latter wanted.

 

It normally wouldn’t bother the blonde, really.. but the weekends were normalllly meant to be her days and she really doesn’t exactly feel like working on her days.

 

Damnit Jimin, why are you like this?

 

 

Yes, while Minjeong may have found a means to handle Jimin's attitude in general, that doesn't necessarily mean she has the right to say no to any of the actress's requests unless it is blatantly borderline impossible.

 

 

In fact, within the contract she signed prior to commencing this job, it was stated that all management staff would need to cater to their clients even during out-of-work hours.

 

That type of flexibility was exactly why her annual income was too attractive to pass by.

 

That's good and all, and Minjeong had signed her contract understanding these responsibilities.

 

 

But it's just that Jimin had never once bothered the blonde during the weekends, except for every so often when the actress wanted certain snacks and takeout ordered and delivered to her front door. However, that was only during nights, and honestly, since the actress needs to watch her figure for her job, it really wasn't even all that often.

 

 

To say the least, at first, that very predicament alone was surprising to her. Minjeong could’ve sworn the taller had gone through countless staff because of her unreasonable neediness. She supposes it is the woman’s attitude in the end that caused the high turnover... because, boy, does working five days with Jimin feel like an eternity already.

 

Either way she was actually quite grateful the latter didn’t choose to bother her two days out of 7.

 

It was nice to have some time away from her job, even if it was just for two days in a week...

 

That is... until now..

 

So here she is

 

Once again,

 

Obediently following Jimin's order like a puppy.

 

 

But despite the contractual agreement, the blonde still can't help but feel a tinge of annoyance flowing through her body—especially since she wouldn't even have had her Saturday stolen if only Jimin hadn't done whatever she did to scare away her old driver. Minjeong could still be in bed by now, if it weren't for that.

 

tiredddddddddd

 

The blonde yawned, not having nearly enough time to feel sorry for herself when she heard a knock on her window. Someone was gesturing for her to roll it down with hand motions.

 

 

 

Wow..

 

The manager may had been steps away from falling asleep, but seeing Jimin fully dressed the way she is... the beating in her chest suddenly drummed louder in her ears, effectively waking her up on the spot.

 

“Ahem” She clears , not entirely sure what just went over her.

 

Jimin looked like she just had a complete get up.

 

Her makeup was fully made. 

 

Her long hair was curled into subtle flowy waves which beautifully fell past her shoulders.

 

She wore a very fashionably fully black outfit, with an off shoulder top and short skirt that just screamed class to Minjeong

 

And

 

Damn! Those boots probably cost more than my monthly rent…

 

Yeah… Minjeong wasn’t going to lie.

 

Jimin looked good…

 

Very good…

 

Thump

 

 

"Can you stop staring and roll down your window already!?" The taller gave the blonde her signature sneer after thumping on the window a couple of times to signal Minjeong to hurry up.

 

“Sigh..”

 

If only the person matched the outlook.

 

 

 

Damnit Minjeong, stop having weird thoughts! This isn’t like you

 

Doing exactly as the taller had asked (demanded) and rolling down her window, Minjeong didn’t even have a chance to finish a word before something was thrown towards her.

 

“Jimi- ah-“ She catches the item that fell right onto her lap “What is this?” She stares at the object with a raised eyebrow “a key?”

 

“My key”

 

“Your key?”

 

“Yes, for my car”

 

“Your car?”

 

“Yes, now can you stop repeating after me? You sound like a parrot.”

 

 

“You drive?” Minjeong was beyond confused right now.

 

“No, but you do. Now get out of your car, you’re driving mine”

 

“Wha-“ Her gaze follows the arm Jimin had extended out to gesture towards a vehicle not too far from them.

 

It was a tall. Black coloured. EXPENSIVE LOOKING. G wagon, glistening at Minjeong with all its motorised glory.

 

“You- you want me” The blonde points at herself and then proceeds to point at the car “to drive that?” Minjeong, outside of her small sedan, has never EVER in her wildest dreams thought she could ever drive a car as big as an SUV, let alone a Mercedes-Benz G-class.

 

I’m not worthy…



“It’s embarrassing to be seen in your… what even is this brand called?” She stares at Minjeong’s sedan with a perplexed expression.

 

 

 

“you’ve never seen a Toyota before-“

 

"Embarrassing." She grabbed her phone and proceeded to tap away. "I refuse to be seen or driven in your small, measly car any longer. Can you imagine how my image has been affected the past couple of weeks being in that thing? From now on, every time you arrive to pick me up for whatever occasion, you are to transfer yourself into my G-wagon and drive me in that instead."

 

“Oh.. girl I think you out of all people need more than just a car to help your image”

 

“What was that?”


“Nothing!” The blonde shuts her lips into a thin line, cursing at herself interally for her big mouth and her tendencies to ramble her thoughts. “Wait, so if you had that the whole time, why only tell me now?”


“I didn’t have it the whole time, what are you talking about, I only just had it picked out this morning.” The actress went back onto her phone, eyes no longer focused on the blonde.


“Morning? It’s 9 am right now”


“I woke up 5:30 today”

 

 

But I took her home by midnight last night...


“How-“

 

“I just sent you the location to where I want to shop. Stop yapping at me already. You’re on thin ice at how badly you’re following rule one. Now come on”


And like a small puppy, Minjeong could once again do nothing but abide to Jimin’s orders.

 

 

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

It  never really occurred to Minjeong before today but now that she was driving silently, and given time to think to herself she couldn’t help but notice Jimin’s actions was just plain weird.

 

And no she doesn’t mean her attitude or less than adequate mannerisms, that alone deserved it’s own whole set of category in itself.

 

What Minjeong meant is, Jimin’s overall routine and life structure is just something she doesn’t typically see in a girl her age.

 

Now the blonde can understand the woman is a celebrity.

 

A big one at that.

 

 

So, she can sympathize with why the actress never leaves the house without a full face of makeup or dressed in a certain style that would appeal to the average eye, or how the taller does her best to hide from the public’s lenses any chance she gets.

 

And if she does by chance need to be in the public eye, she makes sure that she is seen in the most lavish and most glamourous state as possible.

 

 

Even going as far as ordering an expensive car to be driven in when the sun has hardly even shined yet.

 

 

Now, being the only one managing everything about Jimin, including scheduling out all her plans, one of Minjeong’s main tasks is knowing the actress' plan of action to the tee, even within her personal life.

 

 

This entails Jimin needing to provide the blonde with a heads up whenever she decides to venture to a place where she could be seen in public, specifying her destination and generally informing her of the people she intends to visit.

 

This is because Jimin is an A-list celebrity. One wrong move, and the media will swarm over her, unleashing a series of rumors and false allegations.

 

and having a manager to schedule things and be aware of their client’s whereabouts at the very least minimizes those chances without compromising the celebrity’s personal life.

 

So with that being said…

 

There was one small detail that stood out to Minjeong about Yu Jimin

 

Outside of work…

 

It’s like the taller woman does nothing else with her life.

 

No going out with friends.

 

No partying

 

No vacation scheduling

 

Nothing…

 

 

She knows she usually loves the fact that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter