A new view of wonder

The Diva's Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you taking me?” Jimin enquires watching the buildings and city lights slowly disappear from out the window and replaced by trees and grass with the only source of light coming from the scattered road lights. “You’re not taking me somewhere secluded to murder me or kidnap me for ransom are you?”

 

“Heh.. even if I was, I reckon your fans would solve the case and get me before the police does." Minjeong chuckled at the taller's statement, liking the sudden sense of humour Jimin had portrayed.

 

“Alright.. because in case you haven’t noticed Minjeong.. you are literally driving me to the middle of nowhere? Where are we going? The woods?”

 

“Something like that”

 

“WHAT!?”


“Hey! You said you’ll trust me Jimin, just sit back, relax, take in the view and we’ll be there shortly.”

 

Sighing, the older woman looks ahead and lets the girl take over with her plan…

 

Perhaps she’s right,

 

Jimin does need to learn to cool off a bit more and learn to not be constantly concerned something unfavourable would happen when things are out of her hands.

 

Perhaps for tonight, she'll fully try to trust Minjeong's judgement and allow her to take the lead...
 

 


 

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

 

 

“This is the last time I’m ever trusting you ever again!”  The actress crosses her arms, and glares icicles at the shorter woman after reading the sign in front of her.

 

Deungsan Trail

 

A trail in the middle of the woods.

 

Jimin had been joking when she had voiced her statement earlier, but they are literally in absolute godforsaken nowhere.

 

“Jimin come onnnn” The blonde, although getting slightly nervous at the raising anger she’s sensing from the taller, tried to play it off with a cute pout. “You haven’t even walked the path yet, how do you know you wouldn’t like it?”

 

“Why I wouldn’t like it!?” Jimin can’t even begin to believe what she was hearing right now and whatever was going on in that little head of Minejong’s “Maybe it’s because.. oh I don’t know.. I’M IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE DRESS AND IN HEELS!? And now you’re asking me to hike all the way up the hill. Did you even think this part through?” she had raised her voice so much it made the blonde flinch back in reaction.

 

“Oh… “ Minjeong's mouth was agape before she looked down at her feet…  and her hands began to fidget anxiously “no..?”

 

“You’re impossible” rolling her eyes in defeat, the woman turns on her heels and begin walking back towards Minjeong’s sedan, ready to place the environment around her behind.

 

“Wait! Where are you going?” The shorter chased after her.

 

“Back. I’m going back. This was clearly a mistake.”

 

“No wait!” Minjeong runs in front of Jimin and extends her arms out straight either side to stop her. “I promise you, Jimin, the end of the trail is worth it.. just walk up with me, it’s a short one I swear”

 

Eyebrow raised, the taller turned towards the direction of the sign and visually takes in the trail ahead of it, analysing the whole "footpath" in it's entirety... how it was covered in complete darkness, with no steps or concrete ground, but a dirt floor to signify it’s path. She could've swear there were small critters looming around the area as well, just waiting for it's next victim to pounce on. 

 

“No.”

 

She tried to walk past the blonde but the latter just moves in front of her again with puppy eyes.

 

But Jimin had already made up her mind.

 

“Absolutely not!” She tried to move ahead again, but the shorter woman wouldn’t budge.. her begging gaze began looking glossy…

 

“I.. I said no..” Her resolve felt like it was fading.. but Jimin needed to stay head strong! Puppy eyes or not, it won’t work on her twice!

 

even if those very eyes are beginning to look more and more imploring… and…

 

Are they sparkling!?

 

Jimin purses her lips.. not liking the way Minjeong was begging her at all.

 

“Minjeong! I said no!”

 

 

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

 

 

“hmm hm hm hm hmm” The blonde was humming happily, basically bouncing her way up the trail with prancing arms. Sunshine was practically glowing on her as she continued to march ahead, leading the way for a much gloomier and darker aura that was emitting from behind her.

 

Jimin, arms folded and walking cautiously to avoid the extended bushes around her... to put it extremely lightly… was getting irritated more and more by every step she was taking in her painful heels.

 

She was mad at Minjeong for taking her on a freaking bush walk at night... but most importantly she was beyond outraged at herself for letting the blonde convince her to partake in this evidently idiotic spontaneous plan.

 

It wouldn’t even be that bad… she was used to uncomfortable outfits and shoes… but that humming from Minjeong was serving as a reminder of her embarrassing defeat and weakened resolve… and that alone made her almost lose it.

 

Out of the rare kindness of the diva's heart... granted she knows she's caused her little manager a headache of troubles since the beginning.. she was actually going to keep the fire in her stomach closed off until after she sees the disappointment at the end of the trail.

 

But that plan didn't last long, when a uneven part of the ground caused the woman to trip over her foot and almost completely collapse on her face. 

 

Making her finally lose her tipping temper.

 

“That's it! I'm over this, Minjeong! I'M DONE!” She finally yells, throwing her arms up in defeat.

 

“What? Why!?” The sunshine happy girl turns around with furrowed eyebrows. “But we’re almost there!”

 

“My feet’s killing me, this dress is way too tight, I’m beginning to sweat underneath my makeup and your humming IS SO  FREAKING ANNOYING”

 

 

 

 

“I can stop humming?”

 

“URGHHH, I should have never agreed to participate in your stupid plan” She plops and leans herself against a huge rock on the side of the path. “Today was physically and mentally draining, I hate public appearances like that you know! All I wanted was to get out of there, get out of this outfit and relax, not hike in heels!” She grunts out before holding her forehead with a hand.

 

Jimin was tired..

 

Beyond the bush walk..

 

She was tired from constantly having to keep up her image today… faking smiles… faking laughter and conversations towards people she hardly cared about and faking her relationship…

 

It’s beginning to weigh down on her..

 

The actress just really needed a break from it all…

 

But it's not even like she wanted to be cooped up because she's always cooped up at home.

 

She hardly has any friends that can visit...

 

And she doesn't contact her family either...

 

She must be the most spoilt individual in the world for having these thoughts but sometimes...

 

She curses her status as an A-lister

 

She hates how it defines her lifestyle to the tee...

 

She can't even remember the last time she's had just a normal day.. when she can do normal people stuff, going to a mall downtown, eating out with friends or family or even just taking a stroll down her street...

 

But here she is, leaving her premiere after party early, hiking in freaking heels in the dark at night with her blondie manager who's way too happy for her own good.

 

Lord... does Jimin feel envy towards Minjeong sometimes...

 

Must be nice to be so carefree all the time...

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…” Minjeong said after a few seconds of silence…  “You’re right… I should’ve been more considerate of your circumstances..” She approached the woman slowly, which gained the attention of the other.. after hearing the sincerity in Minjeong’s words..

 

Jimin looked up at her…

 

The blonde’s expression had worry and regret written all over it as well as a mixture of understanding present too.

 

As much as the actress wanted to continue throwing her tantrum.. the sight of Minjeong looking at her in such a manner made it difficult to continue.. so instead of saying what she had wanted to say further.. she just sighs out and turns the opposite direction.

 

“Whatever…” Was all she mumbled…

 

what was the point in lashing out on the shorter woman further... she was the one who agreed to these circumstances after all... and besides.. there was no escaping it now anyway.. either way Jimin was going to have to walk back down in her heels.

 

“The destination really is just a few metres away though… you already made it all the way here… it would be a waste to go back now” Minjeong continued.. “What if I make the trip more comfortable for you?”

 

“How?”

 

“Trust me. Just don’t scream at me about rule 3”

 

Jimin was seriously over the word trust being thrown towards her with no care today... because... WHAT'S EVEN HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!?

 

“Wha- AH MINJEONG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”

 

Grabbing the actress by the arm and throwing it over her shoulder, the blonde swoops down and forces Jimin to lean forward onto her back, so she could successful pick her up and carry her in a piggy back position.

 

“Carrying you so your feet won’t hurt anymore.” She adjust her positions and after making sure Jimin had her arms tightly wrapped around her just below the neck, she began walking up the trail once more.

 

“Minjeong-“

 

“We’re almost there! Just relax ok? “I’ll do the work.” The blonde said cooly, taking one step at a time, whilst bearing all the weight of the older onto herself. “I should’ve done this from the very beginning, would’ve made it easier on the both of us”

 

“Minjeong”

 

“It’s ok, I might look small, but I’m actually full of energy” The girl continued, she was beginning to puff now, but tried to even out her breath so it wouldn’t be so obvious.”

 

“Min-”

 

“Don’t worry Jimin, you're as light as a feather I swear” She lost some air in her lungs trying to say that sentence.

 

 

If feathers weighed the same as humans!




A droplet of sweat began to trickle down her temple, but the blonde did her best to ignore it.. she was huffing and puffing now, but she wanted nothing else but to bring Jimin to the destination she loved so much…

 

She just knew when she gets there, it would have been all worth it.

 

“Minjeong!” Jimin yelled out again.

 

“What!?" The girl yells back, starting to feel irritated from the passenger constantly yapping at her, when her arms were beginnning to shake under the pressure and she seriously just needed some time to concerntrate. "I’m working here so you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter