Little Green Eyed Happiness

The Diva's Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woo that was one doozy of a chapter to write for sure. I think I need a small break before my next update after this one. I hope you guys enjoy and hope to see yall in the next chapter soon!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin’s interview with Aeri flowed by quicker than normal, having been on the latter’s show countless times, the actress had become familiar with the routine, making the entire process smoother without the need for any additional retakes between shots.

 

She had known Aeri since the early days of her acting career, even before attaining widespread fame. The two women, close in age and sharing an understanding of each other's challenges in the industry, had forged a strong bond.

 

To this day, Jimin still considers Uchinaga Aeri as a close friend of hers if not the closest friend she currently has.

 

She's had many frequencies with countless celebrities, however, Aeri and Jimin were one of the few that had grown closer than surface level...

 

Perhaps it's because the two are from a very similar background...  rendering an subconscious attraction to each other's company.

 

However, despite coming from a similar circumstance... the two women diverged quite differently in their career, with Jimin known as a diva and Aeri being more of the comedian type. With differing schedules that comes with fame as well as the need to hide from the public, one would never typically see one or the other interacting much in person outside of the Uchinaga show.

 

Nevertheless, you can still catch the two having a conversation when they are in fact face to face

 

Hence the ease of the interview.

 

So with filming wrapped up sooner than anticipated, the entire staff was ushered into the breakroom, where a spread of snacks and afternoon tea awaited them.

 

This included managers, security and drivers.

 

Now, normally, Yu Jimin, when presented the options of her favourite snacks consisting of fruit jellies, pringles and sodas, the latter typically never passes it by, considering those food items to be the most elite of the elite.

 

She could never say no to those very snacks, not even when she was placed on restrictive diets by her company in preparation for her acting roles. (Which by the way is still going on as Jimin had been invited to more and more interviews post filming her movie)

 

But right now…

 

Standing behind the snack bar.

 

Eyeing two people in particular from a distance.

 

Jimin for some reason can’t seem to stomach a single piece of item on the table.

 

Because you see...

 

On the other side of the breakroom from Jimin, was a particular blonde standing next to a taller man, smiling and laughing as their discussion had reached it's peaking point. 

 

 Minjeong  was having an intense discussion with Un Jae about why she believed Cinnamon Toast Crunch was the best cereal to ever grace the planet, while the taller man, in a disputatious attempt, argued for the superiority of Fruit Loops:

 

“They don’t even have different flavours, it’s legit just food colouring” Minjeong uttered the sentence with a mixture of incredulity and amusement

 

“Okay, well neither does your cereal, it just taste like cinnamon.”


“That’s the best part” The blonde had open, wanting to add to her point when she suddenly felt a sharp zack on the back of her neck "Ah" her breath hitched as she quickly touched the back of her nape, soothing it from the sudden sensation.

 

"What's wrong?" Jae's eyebrows furrowed instantly as he moved closer to the woman, concern evident all over his expression.

 

“Nothing" Minjeong continued to sooth her back neck "must just be static shock- AH” That one hurt more, making the woman taking a step back from Jae… as she tried to recover from... whatever was going on.

 

But now, having a bit more distance between herself and the handsome man, the pain seemed to have subsided…

 

 

But Minjeong was confused; she usually never just gets random spasms like this, it was as if a wave of electricity had been aimed and purposely struck at her everytime she spoke...

 

How obscure…

 

Seriously it feels like someone’s boring holes into me with their eyes or something…

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow it feels like you’re boring holes into her with your eyes or something”

 

“Huh!?” Jimin whips her head to the side… only to be greeted by a grinning Uchinaga Aeri leaning against a wall with her arms folded in amusement. “Aeri? How long have you been standing there?” She messaged the side of her neck, the sudden turn of her head having caused her minor whiplash.

 

“Long enough to see electricity leaving your eyes with that scary look of yours. If I didn’t know any better I would be scared for blondie’s life over there” With her head, Aeri nudges towards the direction of the unsuspecting blonde who had her back turned towards them and was still engaging in conversation, although this time she wasn't located so closely to the man any longer. “That’s your manager right? She’s a cute one.. ooo and who’s that hottie?”

 

“What hottie?” rolling her eyes, Jimin finally picked up a pringle from the snacking section. Her appetite returning now that she saw what she wanted.

 

“I know you’re not blind Jimin, there is clearly a tall handsome man standing over there who seems to really want the attention of your little manager.”

 

Aeri’s shoulder jolted at a sudden violent pulling motion the actress had used to open the peel from the pringle container, which resulted in quite a loud unsatiable noise.

 

 

"He’s not a person of interest, Aeri," the woman's words were as cold as her gaze. "Just another man who got a hold of daddy’s money and now he's using it to flaunt his made-up wealth materially as much as he can. Honestly, I find the entire act alone pathetic." She munched quite aggressively on a single Pringle, but still handled the action with class.

 

“Well, it doesn’t change the fact that he has a nice face… I’m sure blondie there doesn’t mind either”

 

Slamming the half finished pringle can down back onto the table, with pieces of chips now broken from the impact, Jimin picks up a can of soda on the side.

 

“Jesus Jimin” Aeri breathed out, hand holding onto her chest from the shock. “Your attitude is going to give someone a heart attack one day”

 

 

“Minjeong is clearly slacking off right now, spending time talking to a mere driver instead of doing her job. Forgive me if my mood is foul because no staff around me can do their jobs right.” She opened the can and began drinking it... concerningly quickly with big gulps in between.

 

“Really? What has she done so far that hasn’t been her Job”

 

“Well for one she’s wasting time talking instead of managing”.

 

“Managing?” Aeri had to hold back a chuckle “Jimin, we’re all on break right now after a successful session, she has every right to mingle with the crowd if chooses to.”

 

“Her job description requires management at all hours when she is on shift, afternoon tea being provided makes no difference to that”

 

“Right and what would you possibly want her to do right now exactly.. since she should be catering to you 24/7”

 

“She should stand here, beside me, not talk to anyone else, and wait for my orders when I need something… God, it annoys me that she can’t seem to get that part straight… you'd imagine having worked here for as long as she has, she wouldn’t make such mistakes.”

 

“Orrrr have you considered…” Aeri looks away from the duo ahead and stares back at her long time friend amidst drinking her can of coke, with a knowing look. “You’re jealous”

 

Jimin chokes on her drink then, causing her to cough and clear desperately. “I am what!?”

 

“Jealous Jimin. Jealous that some dude had caught the attention of your blonde cutie” Aeri clarifies “J e a l o u s. Jealous” she empathised each syllable.

 

“I know how to spell Aeri!” The girl growls back, grabbing a napkin to clean up the mess made on her face. “And No. I am not jealous.”

 

“yes you are.”

 

“No, I AM NOT!” Her voice resonated so loudly that it caused everyone else within the vicinity to fall silent, with all eyes turning towards her.

 

Her face morphed from anger to realization as a sense of embarrassment washed over her. Feeling hyper-sensitive from the sudden number of gazes, the actress grunted irritably before powerwalking away.

 

 

“Wait, Jimin,” Aeri hurriedly tried to catch up to the actress, who was walking so fast that she had already reached the hallway. “Stop! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, okay?” Her quick plea earned her a brief pause in Jimin’s footsteps, prompting her to continue. “Look, I didn’t mean to make fun of you or upset you. That wasn't my intention.”

 

“Well nice going on that one-”

 

“No Jimin seriously, I just felt happy for you alright- I MEAN IT” Aeri had to pull onto Jimin’s wrist so the latter couldn’t continue to walk away from her.

 

“Why would you feel happy for me? Nothing’s changed. I’m still the same”

 

 

“No, you’re not. I don’t know what happened in the last couple of months, but ever since you got that new manager of yours, you did change, Jimin. I mean, look at you. You didn’t scream at one staff of mine today... not one! Clearly, she’s been influencing you in more ways than one. And as your friend, can I not be happy for you that you have someone in your life who clearly has your best interest at heart? If I didn't see it in the way she had managed you today, I can see it in your eyes. And your actions.... obviously..”

 

 

“You can feel happy for me, but that doesn’t give you the right to verbally accuse me of something I am not,” she jerked her wrist away from Aeri’s grasp, folded her arms, and looked towards the side at nothing in particular.

 

“Accuse you? Jimin, be real with me right now,” the other woman sighed. “Even a blind person could tell. If they can’t see you blatantly glaring at her talking to another man, they could sure as hell feel the knives you were trying to stab at her with those piercing eyes of yours. You clearly like her, just be honest with me on this part.”

 

...


“I’m not talking to you” Turning around, the actress was about to continue to walk.

 

“Jimin!" Aeri yelled in a final attempt to get through to Jimin "You know you still deserve to be happy right? I get it, trust me I do, I've been through the same as you after all.. but I found it in myself to let go and move on... my life's been more fulfilling since I did.. it was the best decision I ever made in my life and I only want that for you too!”


Aeri's voice echoed in the corridor, a desperate plea carrying the weight of her concern for Jimin. She had raised her tone, hoping to break through the walls Jimin had erected around herself. The actress stood there, her back turned to Aeri, as if trying to distance herself from the intensity of the conversation.



Those words echoed in Jimin's ears, causing an uncomfortable tightness in . A rush of unpleasant memories surged through her, each one a painful reminder of past events she would have preferred to forget. Tensions crawled through her body, and the weight of those memories threatened to engulf her present moment. They were something she really wished she had forgotten already...

 

“Don’t-”


“Things weren’t fair, they weren’t fair on you at all, trust me I understand more than anything" The woman continued, despite Jimin's obvious rejection "but that doesn’t mean you have to keep pushing people away, what happened once doesn’t need to repeat… Minjeong seems like proof of that.. why deny someone that you clearly feel a connection wi-“



“I SAID DON’T!” Jimin's voice boomed as she turned around to face Aeri. Her eyes were stern with a piercing gaze, and her jaw was clenched so tightly that Aeri could make out the trembles around her jawline area. “Uchinaga, don’t you try to bring that crap up with me again. DO you hear me!?”

 

 

 

“Jimi-“



“Jimin!” Both women's eyes swivelled towards an approaching blonde woman jogging toward them, her eyes filled with worry. “There you are!” She stopped right in front of the taller. “I was worried sick... you just stormed off like that.” Minjeong's words trailed off upon realizing the presence of Aeri. “Oh, I’m sorry.” She bowed apologetically. “Was I interrupting something?”

 

 

“No, not at all,” Aeri responded, waving off the apology. She walked off, passing Jimin, but not before giving her a longing, meaningful glance to which the latter did not reciprocate.

 

Alone now, Minjeong was the first to break the silence.

 

“Are you alright..? I saw what happened just then.. is everything ok?”

 

“Fine.”

 

Fine..?

 

Minjeong was really sick of hearing such terms that only served as means to mask the truth.

 

“Look Jimin… I know you’ve been incredibly busy lately, even with filming over," Minjeong said, gently holding onto the taller woman's hand and offering a small, reassuring smile. "If anything is bothering you, I want you to know that you can always talk to me about anything. This is a judgment-free zone." She gestured with her free arm in a circular motion to emphasize her statement in large.

 

Watching the blonde in front of her, with such sincerity in her eyes and a determination to lift her spirits, Jimin felt her resolve beginning to crumble. The younger woman's touch felt soft in her hands, and its warmth was undeniably energizing.

 

In that moment, Uchinaga’s words began spiraling in her head, nagging at her in an unrelenting manner. However, what soon followed were the dark shadows of her past... always there... shunning her.

 

“There’s nothing.” She waved off Minjeong's hold. “I would like to go home now.” Not giving the blonde a single glance, she began walking off without another word. The shorter woman stood there, a mix of confusion striking at her heart and a small twinge of hurt from the rejection. She knew she had to shake off the feeling before it could take root.

 

But here’s the thing…

 

Jimin had lied

 

The woman actually had a lot to say…

 

But she was scared

 

So scared of what would come from bringing those words to light...

 

she couldn’t fathom where to start…

 

So Jimin did what she had always done best...

 

going back to the one place she always runs back to.

 

she...resorted back to ignoring the feeling.

 

Trying her best to forget everything.

 

Don’t feel… conceal… don’t even think about it.

 

Ignore it.

 

It’s what’s always worked for her… it’s what she plans to always continue to do.

 

Striding ahead, Jimin's one hope is that within the next couple of days, things will return to normal. No more Un Jae, no more surprise staff—just a return to the routine she's used to, free from the discomfort that's settled in her chest.

 

Yet, battling against the suffocating sensation, Jimin seriously doubts that her week could get any worse than this.

 

 

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

Things have gotten worse for Jimin.

 

And it's not solely due to what transpired between her and Aeri, nor is it the fact that Jimin, over the past few days, attempted to file a complaint to the CEO multiple times about a certain driver that had disgustingly entered her life, only to be rudely ignored under the pretext of his busy schedule.

 

While these events haven't improved her situation, they aren't the turning point.

 

No because the actual reason is precisely due to the fact…

 

that Minejong and Jae had seemingly gotten closer in the next three days after the incident with Aeri.

 

Three days.

 

Jimin had to watch the progression throughout three whole freaking days…

 

And not even her profession in acting was going to allow her to fake her raging emotions any longer

 

 

 

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

 

Day one:


"Minjeong!" Jae beamed the moment he noticed the blonde taking the front seat of his car. He paid little attention to the actress in the back seat, whom he was meant to attend to, he was oblivious to the intense glares directed at him. "Look what I've got!" he exclaimed with enthusiasm, holding up an item he had obviously been waiting to show to Minjeong for some time.

 

“Cinnamon toast chips, no way, how’d you even get your hands on that!?” Minjeong squealed like a little child who just received candy for the first time.

 

“I have my ways” Jae slicks his hair back cooly as he put on a handsome smile. “I couldn’t forget the convincing argument you made about the brand, so when I saw it, I just had to get it for you- well” he had to stop and correct himself “For you guys of course” gesturing and awkwardling chuckling towards Jimin, who just rolled her eyes and brought something more exciting to look at instead; her phone. 

 

“Oh my god” Minjeong was hardly listening, hands too busy fiddling with the packaging, trying to get it open. She immediately plopped one in the moment she successfully ripped it an entrance. “It’s amazingggg” She sighed into every chew, allowing the strong cinnamon flavour to take over her taste buds…

 

“Well I’m glad you like it-“

 

“Jimin!” Still not hearing what Jae h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter