Tapping into her fears

The Diva's Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jimin was no better after getting away from the crowd, her body continued to shake as Minjeong lead her into the car... she continued to shake under Minjeong tight hold and she continued to shake as the taxi driver took off, refusing to take off the jacket that was still draped over her head.

 

It was as if she needed a forcefield to protect herself against the rest of the world.

 

Minjeong looking out the back window, could still see that there were still some individuals that were chasing after the taxi on foot even though the car has completely accelerated. 

 

It must be because Yu Jimin was in the car.

 

Jimin...

 

Minjeong's eyebrows furrowed together, hugging the taller tightly in an attempt to provide any form of comfort she could.

 

The blonde could only assume the whole ordeal started off innocently… but then things escalated out of hand and eventually took off from there.

 

Afterall... to Minjeong... some of those fans actually seemed crazy…. wanting to do absolutely anything to get their hands on Jimin.

 

The very thought placed a bitter taste on Minjeong's tongue...

 

She could only imagine how it must’ve felt to be surrounded by such a sheer number of unknown faces, with no security or an extra person around.

 

"Sorry about this, sir, but could we change the destination real quick?" Minjeong wasn't about to risk an obsessive fan managing to follow them and figuring out where Jimin lived.

 

She had once thought the whole concept of celebrities needing to announce their planned locations to their managers constantly as a rather intense rule of thumb within the acting industry… but seeing what happened today… she more than understands why this precaution is needed now.

 

"I'll add in some extra cash for you," Minjeong added in quickly after seeing the driver's lips purse at the request.

 

It did wonders, transforming that frown, upside down.

 

“Where to then?” the driver turned to her with a greedy smile.

 

 


⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

 

 

 

Okay…

 

So Minjeong actually didn’t have a solid alternative destination in mind.

 

She genuinely thought she was being smart… not taking the taller woman to her place whilst there were a mob chasing after her.

 

But when that question of “where to?” was popped towards her…

 

Her mind went blank and may have rambled on by itself…

 

So here they are…

 

Jimin in her arms still slightly shaken.

 

In front of Minjeong’s apartment door.

 

“Well… this is it..” She said after letting herself and the actress inside… “It’s definitely not as big as your place… by like… 10 times.. but I like to think it’s cozier that way.. so uh make yourself at home”


God I sound awkward..

 

 

 

 

Silent..

 

The woman was still standing there..

 

And wait..

 

Was that sniffling she hears?

 

“Jimin? Jimin- hey” She finally undraped the jacket off of her to reveal the woman with water stains all over her eyes and cheeks.

 

She must’ve been crying all this time…

 

“It’s okay- it’s okay” Minjeong hesitated for a second… not sure what to do with her arms. She wanted to go up and hug Jimin to comfort her… but she wasn’t sure if it was appropriate for her to even do so… so instead, she pulled the taller by the sleeve and guided her towards her couch. “Your safe here now, they won’t find you I promise alright?” She kneels down, to stare up at the sitting woman.

 

“But they saw me…” Jimin’s words were still trembling, her hands were covering up her face.

 

“I know but it’s okay… they won’t know you’re here-“


“But they saw me! They saw me and I wasn't ready"

 

...

 

"Jimin... they won't hurt you okay.. I'm here now... no one will lay a finger on you"


"I don't care if they lay a finger on me Minjeong" Her grip on herself tightens "I care about what they saw!"

 

...

 

O...kay?

 

Yeah... Minjeong doesn’t understand where the actress was going with this one...

 

But all she knew was, she didn't like how distraught Jimin had looked here.

 

And the way how Jimin was frantically looking around whilsts getting mauled by the crowd, that especially didn't sit well with her either.

 

She didn't like any of it. Not one bit.

 

“…”

 

“They saw me like.. this.. they know now.. all of them.. they know how imperfect I am” She was talking without thought now, too overwhelmed by her own emotions.


Imperfect?

 

Was this what this was all about?

 

 

“are you kidding? What are you even saying right now” the shorter placed a gentle hand on Jimin's and brings it down, revealing her puffy eyes which were hidden  underneath. “How are you imperfect? Don’t say stuff that's so blatantly untrue..” Her voice was gentle and soothing… she really didn’t like seeing Jimin like this.

 

Let the girl yell at her.

 

Glare at her with that icy stare.

 

Roll her eyes.

 

It didn’t matter, Minjeong would prefer all of that a thousand times over crying Jimin.

 

Tears…

 

It just really didn’t suit her.

 

“Look at me Minjeong!” Even the way she raised her voice was different from the actress normally… yeah… the blonde really didn’t like this at all... “I have no makeup on, I’m wearing a bloody hoody with a sweatpants. I’m nowhere near perfect… I’m hideous!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter