Freedom

It's Over (short story)

Months passed since the day Himchan left his house. His parents did not stop him nor even called him up to ask him to go back.

 He flipped through the channels on television before tossing the remote control to the side in frustration.

 

You can see that your boyfriend is very worked up. Not only did he lost the succession toward RZ Company, but also his monthly allowance. 

You can see that he is having a hard time adjusting to the normal average life. He picked up his phone to call his friends but after 

a few rings he threw his phone on the floor. His face clearly showed that he's annoyed.

 

You brought the freshly cut fruits and sat beside him on the couch. You rested the plate of fruits on your lap and place our hands on his, rubbing his 

arm as a show of comfort. 'Do you want to talk about it, oppa?' You asked sweetly, offering him a slice of apple.

 

He let out a heavy sigh and grabbed your hands in his,  over your palms lightly with his thumb. 'I don't know but i feel so frustrated now.

 I'm so useless that i can't find a job. I can't believe my father actually had asked people to ban me from working in large companies 

and i am utterly useless in other things.' He said with a solemn expression on his face.

 

You sigh and touched his cheeks. 'It's okay oppa. I'm sorry that i don't earn much to support us both.'

'No, it's all my fault.' He said as he grabbed a slice of apple from the plate and chewed on it.

 'I wanted to get married to you but i cannot provide you a bright future.' He looked into your eyes. 'We're not even officially married yet.'

 

You place the fruit plate on the small table before hugging him and telling him it's alright. 

He snuggled closer to you and stay like that for a few long minutes. He pulled away and kissed you on the lips tenderly.

 

'I'll figure something out real soon.' He smiled but you can see the doubt in his eyes.

 

- - - 

 

The next day, you decide to meet up with your cousin, Mirin along with Himchan. 

 

'Baby, i'm done!' Himchan called from the living room.

 

'Wait a sec! I'm almost done!' You applied a dash of lip gloss and admire yourself in the mirror for a second before walking out of the room.

 

Himchan looked at you and grinned.

 'Do you always have to take my breath away with your beauty?' He pulled your waist closer and your faces we're inches apart.

 

You let out a laugh and pushed him away. 'Geez, you cheeseball.' 

- - -

You both walked hand-in-hand into a small cafe located in Hongdae. 

 

'~~~~~!!!! Here!' Mirin waved at you. You happily waved back and Himchan giving a small nod.

 

'How are you? And meet Juhae. She's my senior in the company.' Mirin hugged you and introduced you to a very

 pretty and elegant looking woman sitting beside her. She gave you a smile and shook hands with you. 

 

You sat down and started talking. After all the drama, you missed your friend a lot. She's been busy too

but being able to talk to her like that has surely brighten up your day. You noticed Juhae keeps staring at Himchan. 

You grew jealous and wanted to show her that Himchan belongs to you so you kissed him on the cheek all of a sudden.

 

Himchan looked at you and smile, returning the gesture. Juhae shifted in her seat and scowled. 'So, what do you like, Juhae-sshi?' you asked.

 

'I... I like to go to nightclubs, discos and parties' she said. You see Himchan's eyes flicker in interest.

 Himchan is the type that like to go to these places unlike you who prefers to stay at home watching dramas all day. 

Ever since you two have started dating, he didn't go to clubs often and stay with you most of the time.

 

Hearing that someone that had the same interest as your boyfriend, you immediately pouted and ignored the fact that 

Himchan looked at Juhae with interest as if wanting to start a conversation with her.

 

'S-so, uhmm.. Juhae-sshi, which nightclub do you go to often?' Himchan asked.

 

'Pink 66. The one just down this street. It is like my second home.' She smiled at Himchan and batted her eyelashes at him. 

You squirmed in your seat uncomfortably at the attention Himchan is giving her.

 

'Oh, that is my favourite one too!' Himchan said, grinning. You mentally slap youself at your boyfriend who is oblivious to 

all those flirting that Juhae is giving him.

 

'I know, Kim Himchan. You used to be popular in that nightclub. What happened? You don't go there as

 often as you used to.' Juhae said, taking a sip of her drink.

 

'~~~~~ie didn't really like going to nightclubs so I didn't go there often too.' He said, looking at you sweetly as you roll your eyes at him. 

He let out a soft chuckle before turning back to face Juhae.

 

'Well, you shouldn't waste your youth for a girl that doesn't like partying. Partying is the life. And you're wasting your life.' Juhae said in a seductive manner.

 

'I didn't stop him from going to have fun.' you said trying not to sound annoyed but Himchan knew you too well. 

 

He quickly pinch your cheeks and said, 'I know, but i didn't want to leave you alone. And besides that, i enjoy spending time with you more.'

 You smiled and looked away from him.

 

'Anyways, let's hit the mall. I heard there's a sale going on!' Mirin chirped. Juhae excused herself and left after that. 

 

We hit the malls and Mirin met up with her boyfriend, leaving you and Himchan alone in the mall.

 

'Am i like...restricting you from having fun?' you asked all of a sudden. It has been bothering you ever since Juhae talked about it.

 

'No..no baby. How can you say that?' 

 

'I dont know but i felt like as if i've taken away your freedom.'

 

Himchan let out a chuckle and pulled you into a hug. 

 

'No, you have given something that means more than my own freedom.' He said before kissing your forehead.

 

'Well, i hope so.' You said, still not convinced.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was it so far? hehe. i hope you all enjoy. >///<

Comment && Subscribe!

it is much loved!