Leaving home

It's Over (short story)

It has been a week since your boyfriend proposed to you. You fumbled the ring around your finger nervously. 

Today is the day he decided to tell his parents about his proposal to you.

 

You sat in the huge living room, staring down at your lap biting your lips nervously. Himchan held your hand in his and

 gave it a light squeeze as if telling you it will be okay but a feeling deep down in you told you otherwise.

 

You see, Himchan is the only son of the CEO of RZ Company. He is the next successor of his father's company.

 He is highly educated, rich and of a high status in society. You, on the other hand is just an average girl without any parents, 

working in a small company as a graphic artist with a monthly pay not more than a single fur coat that Himchan owns. 

 

Silence filled the room when Himchan first announced that he has asked your hand in marriage.

 The awkward atmosphere send chills down your body. You couldn't even hold your head up and look at his parents.

 

His mother let out a sigh and turn towards his father.

 

'I allow you to date this girl but not marry her.' his father said in a calm voice, taking his reading glasses off and rubbed his eyes, 

then look straight at Himchan and you.

 

'I love ~~~~ alot. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.' Himchan said with confidence. 

 

'Son, you know that you cannot. I cannot allow you to marry an average orphan girl.' his mother piped up.

 

You bit your lips nervously. You knew this was coming and was prepared but it didn't help. You felt scared and intimidated.

 Himchan squeezed your hand tighter and looked over at you.

 

'I don't want any other girl in my life except ~~~~. Please give us your blessings.' Himchan said.

 

'No. Absolutely no.' His father said, this time with a firm tone.

 

'But dad! Think about it please.' 

 

'Kim Himchan! You must realize that you are the future successor of RZ Company. You have a high social status, you're rich. But this girl.. She's not. 

She is not even well-educated!' His father's tone getting louder by each sentence.

 

You flinched as her mother pointed at you.

'You, girl. I cannot allow my Himchan to get married to you. Don't ever think of getting married to him when you're nothing but just a speck of dust to us.'

'Don't talk about ~~~~ like that! She is everything to me. You may not see how much she is worth to me, but let me tell you, 

even with this riches i have, nothing can replace her!' Himchan said, with an annoyed tone. 

You tugged lightly at his sleeves as if telling him that's enough.

 

'KIM HIMCHAN! I didn't raise you to get married to a nobody! If she means so much to you, you can leave the house and never expect to succeed 

my company and get out of my sight!' Mr.Kim roared at us.

 

Himchan stood up, grabbing your wrist. 'Fine. I'll leave!' You stared at your boyfriend as if he's crazy.

 

 Himchan dragged you by the wrist up the flight of stairs into his room. 

He grabbed his luggage bag and tossed all this clothes and valuable items into it. 

 

'O-oppa, what are you doing?' you tried to stop him. 'It's not worth it.' 

 

'~~~~-ah, not you too. Please.' He turned to you and cupped your face with his hand, pulling you closer to him.

 'I'm going to prove to them that i can live by myself and i love you so much, i can sacrifice all these to be with you.' 

He kissed you on your nose lightly before zipping up his bag and pulled you out of the house without a goodbye to his parents.

 

Kim Himchan, i don't know if you're that stupid to throw away all of those for me or if you're stupid enough to love a nobody like me.

 You smiled lightly to yourself as you two rode in his car to your house.

 

'Pabo Kim Himchan.' you muttered to yourself, smiling.